Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

If you could bring back any former Norwich player....

Ian Crook without a doubt, I am starting to have fantasies about him and seeing the ball being passed through midfield for Deano to score at least three in every game.

Although I could always go and watch Crewe!  No doubt will be told to as well 

[quote]And have him play in our current side the way he did at his peak, who would you pick? I think I''d have to go for Ruel Fox to solve our right sided midfield problem[/quote]

I think Fox is a good choice.  Choosing someone else though I think I would probably go for Martin Peters, a midfield players who would get forward and support the strikers and bang in a few goals too.

[quote]And have him play in our current side the way he did at his peak, who would you pick? I think I''d have to go for Ruel Fox to solve our right sided midfield problem[/quote]

Agree it would have to be a midfielder and Foxy would help but I would go more centrally which means an O''Neill or Crook for me.

OTBC

Fast forward 25 years, the oil price stands at $600+ a barrel and chelsea spending all that extra revenue on cloning an all star team from history ....... Meanwhile an aging Delia invests the proceeds of ''How to cook 23'' in five clones of legendary manager Nigel Worthington explaining the next 50 years of success are assured ...........

Please Wizard take back this curse of foresight ........

[quote]Fast forward 25 years, the oil price stands at $600+ a barrel and chelsea spending all that extra revenue on cloning an all star team from history ....... Meanwhile an aging Delia invests the proceeds...[/quote]

Al Yellow

If that is the future, then God help us all

A midfielder is needed and Crook would be ideal, but i''d rather a strong centre back to fill in the leaky defence say bruce, newsome or prior -> stop conceding goals you win games (if u cn score of course)

as Jose says ''when you build a house you dont start with the roof.''

OTBC

[quote]Has to be Crook, without a doubt. Imagine a central midfield pairing of Crook and Safri? Awesome.[/quote]

I agree it would be an awesome combination - but would crook have covered enough ground to have attracted the manager...

I did miss the obvious though in Francis...

Love the signature - how very apt - and definitely the best song on the album for me.

OTBC 

Looking at the current malaise in the team here are some suggestions for what is needed:

Ian Crook - Nothing to add to what everyone else says.

Darren Eadie - Ditto

Duncan Forbes - Not the greatest footballer by a very long shot but a very great player.  Has there ever been a fiercer competitor or a more demanding and inspirational captain than big Dunc?  Can you imagine what he say at halftime at somewhere like QPR??  When he shook his fists and shouted at players, even the fans were scared.

Phil Boyer - Scored a good few but also the best maker of goals at FCR in the last 35 years.  Deano would score for fun and be in seventh heaven.

But for me the answer is not only the greatest player at FCR since 1970 but also just what this team needs.  The ultimate midfielder who scored regularly, passed with precision and was a better defender than he was given credit for.  Also, a great leader by encouragement and example whether he was captain or not....Martin Peters.

Have to agree with Crook but alternatively any striker out of McDougal, Boyer, Fleck, Davis, Sutton, etc etc - the knew where the goal was and given the chance they stuck the ball into it

...well it certainly wouldn''t be the awesome frontline of

Dean Coney & Darren Beckford.

Wasn''t Coney''s only goal scored for us from his backside???????????,

It would be interesting to post our WORST team, having made my debut as a supporter at Carrow Road in 1982, and my actual debut on the pitch (as a mascot in ''85), I can''t go back too far!

My WORST XI would be (4-4-3)

Mark Walton - In goal when we lost to Sunderland on the FA Cup Semi - says it all.  Went from Norwich to (via Bolton 3 games) Wroxham - says it all!

Keith Briggs - Lasted all of 45 minutes.

Steve Walsh - A Brian Hamilton signing, says it all

Adrian Pennock - one appearance, conceded 4 goals, and was born in Ipswich - says it all

Brian McGovern - cost us money (a Hamilton buy), promised so much, delivered nothing

Raymond De Ward - a cool £250k for someone who''d only been see on video (ANOTHER Hamilton buy).  God awful

Peter Grant - A scottish legend - about 10 years before he joined us.

Shaun Carey - How did he ever play over 50 games for us?

Dean Coney - One goal from his backside sums him up

Darren Beckford - £900k we spent, £900k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Port Vale must have wet themselves

Tony Cottee - If only he had been 10 years younger....

At least 4 Hamilton signings appeared in the list, so take heart that only one Worthington signing has been listed (I just hope that in 5 years when we''re posting a similar debate, non of Worthington''s current crop appear..........

Anyone I have missed?????

I''d love to see Bellamy play for us again but would have to agree Crook is probably the man most needed at present. I''d love to have seen MacDougall play as I''ve heard so much about him from my dad but alas he was before my time, wonder if he really was as good as all the old boys reckon.

[quote]I can''t believe reading through this post there has not been one mention of Disco Dale. For shame.[/quote]

Any player who play right wing would do fine right now.

How about the radio norfolk commentater "Shoes" (Neil Adams) right sided midfield player great crosser, great corners and his penalties weren''t bad either