Sign in to follow this  
yellow 63

play-off chances

i reckon you can lose 14 games and still make play-offs palace did this when we went up trouble is we have to start winning

I don''t think we have a prayer. There are lots of people at the club and on this board that need to take a deep breath and actually look at the whole picture - WE ARE A POOR TEAM, short and sweet but the truth.

We need to stop thinking about the play-offs because at the moment that is just delusional, avoiding relegation is now our priority - sadly that is how far we have fallen.

Mark .Y.

[quote]i reckon you can lose 14 games and still make play-offs palace did this when we went up trouble is we have to start winning[/quote]

Play offs ?

Not the wat we''re currently playing today I''m afraid.

Let''s be honest, we are simply not showing anything like play off form

The way things are, I''ll be happy if we can avoid relegation, and I''ve got serious concerns abour that

PS - Gary Holt has just scored for Forest

I reckon the play-offs are out of our reach, but a good run in the relegation battle is well within our grasp!

ON THE FALL CITY! ;~(

I admire and empathise with the desire of supporters like you to remain optimistic yellow63. Unfortunately, given how things are going this season, we may well lose 14 games by the halfway mark. Even with the woeful start by Crystal Palace, in the season you refer to, they had only lost 10 games by the halfway point.

mark.y i know that i was just posting a stat thats all after the last 2 home games it was pretty obvious to me top 6 would be nearly impossible but try getting through to many fans this is the case

Yeh at the moment, WE HAVENT GOT A PRAYER!!!!

WORthy out now!!!!

None, with our present tactics and set-up. Wolves tactics showed that they had weighed us up, had organised a not particularly good defence and had one or two players with more skill than virtually all our team.

The sad truth is that while we have two or three potentially outstanding players, only one, - Safri, seems to play with any consistency, and he''s injury prone. We have to admit that while the team are underperforming, there are some who are lightweight or short on skill, and the good players cannot be expected to cover for them. Despite the manager''s claim to abundant talent, it is painfully obvious that it requires only an injury or two for the midfield to be virtually non-existent.

I have no pleasure at all in saying that "We told you so", - the squad is too small and lacks quality. The talk of having the best squad in the division was always a pious hope. We have no-one in the midfield who can dominate, and it is constantly overrun, giving the defence little help and providing no service up front.

Some will claim that we are collectively short of confidence, and they are probably right, but we are also short of talent, and even if some of the better players find enthusiasm, energy and commitment, we may find ourselves in mid-table. How are we going to beat teams, most more mobile and better organised, week after week?

Sunderland lost 13 last year and won the division, but they had a good young hungry squad. I''m so annoyed that it was obvious our midfeild was weak before the season started and now we''re paying the price