Sign in to follow this  
Chris Proctor

linked with eastwood and trundle

linked on planetfootball.com with freddy eastwood and does mention lee trundle.

Worthy should definitely go for eastwood in jan!! but southend are doing superbly in league one.great potential for eastwood. Scored a nice one against us in the pre season friendly too!!

Not that I would mind either player but I think that the priority should be in bringing in a right sided midfielder and a central midfield player in the mould of Francis who will get forward and support the strikers.  Both of those players would ideally have a bit of pace because I think we lack a bit of it thoughout the side.

Like others I feel we have to strengthen our midfield first although eastwood looks a handful, quite like leon..

Now, talking of Trundle I see HIS form has not been affected by the numerous rumours I have heard about him isn''t it....

OTBC

[quote]Steve Tilson was on Soccer Night (Locker Room) last night and said that Freddy Eastwood would be going nowhere in January.[/quote]

Eastwood signed a new contract in the summer so he wont go anywhere in january

IMO if we put in a good enough bid he would come. but that may be a very high bid which could be used on two quality midfielders instead. They may be like Norwich and Deano, say they wont sell him but would for a ridiculous price. Is it really worth a ridiculous price for Eastwood if other places need strengthening? Still i would love him to sign. The 3rd consecutive xmas where we have splashed the cash on a quality striker

Eastwood, for the right price - Yes, good investment, hes only 21 and 12 months ago he was playing Sunday league - as a pro hes come on leaps and bounds in no time, could go a long way)

Trundle? Nooooooo!!! My mum can run faster than him

Lee Trundle is an overwieght showboat and I dont want him here. Freddy Eastwood on the other hand would be a qaulity signimg however midfield must be strenthened first and defence second.

A pacey right-winger is needed like Jay Tabb of Brentford and we must get a replacement for Francis as we havnt got one yet, whats Dickson Etuhu upto these days. The defence will need to be strengthend if we dont get Davers for longer and IMO Nathan Clarke or Sam Sodje are our best options from the lower leagues.

Eastwood or Trundle? Don''t be silly, they''re far too skillful to really interest Worthington. Since when has skill been more important than work ethic and a box-to-box mentality? Granted, they may actually score goals, and do exciting things when they gets the ball, but what use is that to us? I say that we should sign a cross-country runner or a total donkey whenever we get the chance. 

Overweight showpony?  Top scorer in his league, his team are top of the division and he is skilful.  He reminds me of Matt le Tissier, and who wouldn''t like us to have a player like that in our team? 

i am a lot more hopeful for the January transfer market. That is when he has bought most of the decent players and he needs to spend something if we are to get anywhere this season

We need a ball playing midfielder. we have got one, Safri i hear you say.Fact is He wont play half of our season.

"Trundle? Nooooooo!!! My mum can run faster than him"

Sounds like he''s aptly named at least!