Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Worthington admits he has lost the dressing room

Just listened to Worthington''s post match interview. He sounded utterly desperate. Calling the team spineless, saying players aren''t listening to him, that there is only so much as a manager he can do, and if players won''t give 100% for him, then there is nothing more he can say to change it.Even more worrying was that Worthington went on to say that due to injuries he is having to select several players whom he thinks should not be playing in the Norwich City first team at all. Up to now, many have pointed out that crucially, unlike during Brian Hamilton''s reign, Worthington has the full support of the dressing room. But today Worthington admitted that he has lost the support of the players in the dressing room. The players are not doing as he instructs them. They are not working hard. They are not commited. They are not giving 100%. They are, in his words, "spineless".And he freely admits that there is NOTHING he can do about it.

but what he says is right

there are a few players who should be dropped, but we simply dont have the players to drop them for. There is simply nothing you can do about it.

He said he didnt even speak to them after the match , to me that does say he has lost the players. We are not going to halt this slide untill he has gone we can only hope the board comes to its senses before we are a league 1 club.

If worthy admits to playing players he doesn''t think should be in the first team this says exactly what he thinks about his youngsters.  Almost every reserve game I have seen (including West Ham away this week) Spillane, Gusterson, Cave Brown, El Ouguri, etc are performing well, I am sure they could do a job, it appears that he only has eyes for one youngster Rossi Jarvis (who also played very well on wednesday) but I am sure some of the others would offer somethiing (actually anything would be good the way things are going)!!!  By the way most of the West Ham team that played have had first team experience.  I know you cant play a team of kids, but looking around all the other teams (premiership and fizzy) there are a lot of youngsters playing regularly, ie. Walcott for Southampton Huddlestone for Wolves, Alnwick for Sunderland and plenty more - including some out on loan to gain first team experience.  It really is about time some of our young talent was given a chance (or maybe they are simply not as good as the press makes out - and worthy sees nothing to rave about), otherwise I can see in a few years time these names will be haunting us when other teams come to visit carrow road, as surely they must also be feeling that if they dont get a chance now they never will.