Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

£40 to join the website a disgrace to season ticket holders!!!!

I am writing to air my discgust at the club for charging £40 to have full access to their website!

I am a Season ticket holder and have been for 4 years currently and was for 6 years during my childhood. I am in the Army and was posted abroad for a while, during this time I travelled from Gemany to many games. I am now posted down in Dorset and drive 4 and a half hours each way to all home games. This in total costs me about £1500 a year to support us. Being posted down in Dorset I am unable to recieve Radio Norfolk, so am unable to listen to match commentary unless I pay the Club an extra £40 a year. I have tried to tune into radio Norfolk via the web but imagine my annoyance to find that there is an automated message stating "We are unable to broadcast at this time due to contractual reasons" (The Club no doubt!) DO I NOT PAY £120 A YEAR FOR RIGHTS TO THE BBC!!!!

Does anyone else feel that it is unreasonable of the club to expect season ticket holders to pay £40 for this facility? I am sure that it would not be hard to add a facility for season ticket holders such as myself to log in and recieve this facility!

I would like to add that I am adding this E-Mail onto the fans website as I have sent an E-Mail to the Club Reception, Club Sales and the Club Questions link from the website. This was 2 weeks ago and I have recieved no response to my query!

Is there anyway you at the Pink un can help? Maybe the Club will actually reply now I have posted my annoyance on here?

I shall not pay the £40 now out of principle!!!

Annoyed Fan!!!

HOPE WE STUFF THE WOLVES! WE ONLY HATE WOLVES AND IPSWICH!!!

Hi

Agree with you 100% on this one.......lucky for me i am a NTL customer and have managed to get a years free subscription!

Totally agree about paying you TV licence (£120) and then can''t listen to local radio via the net.

We are all getting ripped off left right and centre.

Hi

Agree with you 100% on this one.......lucky for me i am a NTL customer and have managed to get a years free subscription!

Totally agree about paying you TV licence (£120) and then can''t listen to local radio via the net.

We are all getting ripped off left right and centre.

[quote]I am writing to air my discgust at the club for charging £40 to have full access to their website! I am a Season ticket holder and have been for 4 years currently and was for 6 years during my childh...[/quote]

Should season ticket holders get preferential treatment then ?

In Response to your last. It is not preferential treatment! Do you not think that £360 a year is enough to allow you to log onto the website. Non Season ticket holders dont pay that!!!

Do you not think that I should be able to listen to BBC radio? Just because I live out the county?

£120 for a TV Licence!!!

Point made!

Ian

making plans, I think his point was it is a little unfair when you shell out over £300 to see home games and then have to pay another £40 to just listen to away games, when you have also paid your BBC licence of £120 and not to mention all the petrol.   I use £45 a home just driving from Stevenage and back, but I only pay £19 to listen get the matchlive console, still think it is a rip off though.

In answer to your question, yes I think season ticket holders should get preferential treatment, maybe a discount.   Why not?

[quote]In Response to your last. It is not preferential treatment! Do you not think that £360 a year is enough to allow you to log onto the website. Non Season ticket holders dont pay that!!! Do you not thi...[/quote]

The 2 things are completely different - your 360 quid pays for a seat in the stands, the 40 quid pays for access to the website.

Similarly, if you want to buy a shirt etc, you pay for it.

The 120 quid TV licence is for watching TV - you do not need a TV licence to listen to the radio - the radio licence was abolished years ago. 

It''s completely different to buying a shirt! Season ticket holders should have complete access to the site in my opinion. I am sure that 99% of season ticket holders would agree.

With respect to the BBC licence £120 does it not pay to run the BBC on the whole?

I was watching question time recently and people were saying that they did''nt agree with paying there licence fee if they had Sky and did''nt want BBC. The Panel justified the Bill by saying that it was also to provide the Local Radio!

I see your point but will agree to disagree!

This Season is starting to look pretty dire! I am starting to think the Play-Offs are a long way off. The Top 2 have flown the nest. We only managed to just beat a poor side at home the other day and we are dead and buried by half time every game on the road!

I go to more away games than home games. Should i get preferential treatment?! I don''t think so. When you sign up to a season ticket to a seat in Carrow road, that is all you get. There''s no small print anywhere saying you get loads of other stuff thrown in too!!

Its a rip-off that you cant get Radio norfolk over the net, but to think season ticket holders should have preference is unfair

I''ve had this problem of not being able to get local matches when out of the region. It can''t be too difficult to get someone to stream it down the internet over internet phone. Saying that, if you get free minutes on your phone at weekends just ring up a mate in Norfolk and get them to put the radio on.

Im not saying that we should have special treatment. Just that the Fans should have full access to the web especially matches. Why do they need to put this £40 fee on at all? Obviously it generatesy money but all members and season ticket holders should get access. A membership is meant to be to the club! Why another fee? A season ticket costs a lot of money and should include access to the clubs website.

Membership is the key word! Surely that should entitle you to this facility!

I Dont want to Argue Just stating that we are all being ripped off. Just like Sky Sports when the Boxing then comes on Box Office a dicgrace!! That''s £20 quid a month and you dont even get the sport!!!