Sign in to follow this  
Chris MacDonald

a question

If Worthy is sacked/Resigns how many of the worthy out brigade will still post here? Will they give the new manager a chance or be waiting for his first Mistake so they can say "well if we''d kept Worthy!" etc?

Chris

[quote]If Worthy is sacked/Resigns how many of the worthy out brigade will still post here? Will they give the new manager a chance or be waiting for his first Mistake so they can say "well if we''d kept Wort...[/quote]

Of course we would still post (Worthy inners), but hopefully it won''t happen as Worthy turns things around.

Whoever gets the job (when a change is made) will, I am sure, get plenty of time. Unlike fans of other clubs I think that we City supporters are a pretty pragmatic and fair minded bunch. It takes a long while for mometum to build but once it does it becomes more powerful by being based on solid grounds.

The problem that Worthy has at the moment is that the questions being asked of him have been present and unanswered for quite a while now and there has been no knee jerk reaction. When a successor is appointed (as surely it will happen some day, even if 20 years hence) that person will get the support and goodwill of the fans extended to every new manager (Gary Megson excepted who never got a chance) whether that fan is a KTF, a Worthy Outer, an Ostrich, Vulture, or whatever.

[quote]Surely you''re logic is a bit strange there Chris. Why would us Worthy outers not give the new guy a chance? Did you mean how many of the posters who want Worthy to stay would still post here?[/quote]

Sorry DD

The Worthy in Posters is what I meant to say......At my age you can  get it wrong. The old grey cells and all that!!!!!

Now Eagle eyed Dicky on the other hand if we get a new manager and the New boy makes some mistakes. One can just imagine how he would react......Some thing like this "See I told you so Nigel Worthington would''nt have done that".

Chris 

[quote]Of course we would still post (Worthy inners), but hopefully it won''t happen as Worthy turns things around.[/quote]

Come on Dicky you should be a politician.You can''t give a straight answer.

A straight and honest Question to you Dicky.

If we do get relegated would you still support the Manager?

A straight YES or NO......None of the usual Ducking and Diving answers please.  

Before you ask if Worthy does manage to turn things around and we finish in 10th Position or above I will be the first person to apologise to you and eat humble pie. 

Chris  

[quote]Come on Dicky you should be a politician.You can''t give a straight answer. A straight and honest Question to you Dicky. If we do get relegated would you still support the Manager? A straight YES ...[/quote]

Eh - it was a straight answer - surely "of course we would still post" is fairly straightforward.

I just happened to point our your unintended error in your post.

[quote]Sorry DD The Worthy in Posters is what I meant to say......At my age you can get it wrong. The old grey cells and all that!!!!! Now Eagle eyed Dicky on the other hand if we get a new manager and th...[/quote]

But by the same argument its worth asking whether the ''Worthy Outers'' will start supporting him again if he turns things around.

I think some will find it hard to let go of!!

[quote]Eh - it was a straight answer - surely "of course we would still post" is fairly straightforward. I just happened to point our your unintended error in your post.[/quote]

Dicky thanks for pointing out my error But you have still not answered my Question.

The Question is:

If we do get relegated would you still support the Manager?

A straight YES or NO......None of the usual Ducking and Diving answers please.  

Before you ask if Worthy does manage to turn things around and we finish in 10th Position or above I will be the first person to apologise to you and eat humble pie.

I feel a bit like Jeremy Paxton interviewing Micheal Howard on TV a couple of years back.....I forget the question asked but Paxton repeated the question at least 12 times in 5 minutes in the same interview and still did not get a straight answer.

The incident has gone down in Television History.

I wonder are you going to evade the question?

After all reading a lot of posts by you and other people when people ask direct straightforward questions to you you don''t give them straightforward answers.....Hence my remark comparing you to a Politician.

So come out of the closet and answer the question!!!!! Come on I dare you.  

"Whoever gets the job (when a change is made) will, I am sure, get plenty of time. Unlike fans of other clubs I think that we City supporters are a pretty pragmatic and fair minded bunch. "

You are joking, right? The new manager would get about 5 games. If there was no improvement half the ''supporters'' on here would be saying they never wanted him anyway, he was the wrong man for the job.

As for us being any different from other clubs'' fans... some other fans can hardly believe that after all the success Worthy has brought to this club, after just a handful of defeats there is a clamour to have him sacked. When you look at it objectively, it is ludicrous. A touch of ''what did the Romans ever do for us?''.

Anyhow, I''m hoping that we can put this whole manager change thing to bed for a while now - he''s not going and the Board are not going to sack him. Let''s focus our debate on how the players and manager we have can turn things around. Who should be played where and with what tactics, how we (the crowd) can motivate the players back to winning ways and the confident quality play that we know they are capable of....

[quote]Dicky thanks for pointing out my error But you have still not answered my Question. The Question is: If we do get relegated would you still support the Manager? A straight YES or NO......None of t...[/quote]

Relegated i am very suprised you dare even mention the word its a bit silly is it not. as if that is going to happen for gods sake after what worthy has done for us over the last few years.You must have a very low opinion of the man.Come of what ever your on and open your eyes relegation from this division is just  not going to happen i assure you.

[quote]"Whoever gets the job (when a change is made) will, I am sure, get plenty of time. Unlike fans of other clubs I think that we City supporters are a pretty pragmatic and fair minded bunch. " You are j...[/quote]

Another point well made Ama.  Although I would argue that he has lost more than a handful of games, unless you consider just under 50% this season being a handful that is.

I agree with your closing statement though, the board have made their decision and have made that decision very clear.  It would be nice to put that debate to bed for a while now because I think pretty much it has become a circular debate with the same arguments being put forward.  Come Saturday though I still expect to see "Worthy Out" or "Worthy In" thread

[quote]Relegated i am very suprised you dare even mention the word its a bit silly is it not. as if that is going to happen for gods sake after what worthy has done for us over the last few years.You must ha...[/quote]

Never Say Never!!!!

I just want Dicky to answer a straight Question....Methinks he has fallen strangely silent.

I''ll put it to you then if you are a Worthy supporter the same question.

Tell me when we were in the Premiership did you honestly say relegation was a taboo subject.....Don''t get me wrong I don''t want to see us relegated anymore than the next person but to all the Worthington supprters out there it is a very simple Question........

Suddenly it fell silent. 

Chris

My response is if he were to go, I would of course support whoever came in his place (barring Megson).  I would personally hope for someone who would be capable of turning us back into a footballing side (for which we used to be famed) and put an end to this long ball, work ethic stuff which is stagnating us in this division. 

If Worthy turns it around?  Does this mean gaining promotion or merely escaping relegation?  If mid table is what we are aiming for, forget it, with the players he has in the squad promotion is a viable prospect, but as has happened so far this season, due to inept tactical decisions and playing people out of position I don''t have much confidence in him turning it around.  Of course I hope he does, for the sake of the football club and the players, but don''t ask me ever to be a fan of the man and his footballilng philosophy, because I won''t be, and never have been. 

[quote]Never Say Never!!!! I just want Dicky to answer a straight Question....Methinks he has fallen strangely silent. I''ll put it to you then if you are a Worthy supporter the same question. Tell me whe...[/quote]

Something got under your skin?  You have now changed the question completely - firstly it was if Worthy goes, now it is relegation. I will give any Norwich manager my full support - clear enough for you?

[quote]Something got under your skin? You have now changed the question completely - firstly it was if Worthy goes, now it is relegation. I will give any Norwich manager my full support - clear enough for y...[/quote]

Nothing has got under my skin you have come out and said you would support Worthy in all that he does even to the point of relegation which I appreciate.

Listening to the reports on the Radio about the Wolves game it won''t be long when we all be facing that dilemma about our position and the prospect of relegation.

The Question is who is to blame.

The Man who is responsible for the team or the man who is responsible for training?

Iam sorry there is only one man to blame and that is Mr Worthington because if it were the players he could drop them or transfer them or bring in new players.

That is why I would like to see a new man at the helm with new ideas because hopefully he would also change the Training at Colney.

I have like a lot of people the greatest respect for Mr Worthington but I am afraid the longer he stays we will lose that respect.

That is the nature of the beast......When things are not going well get rid of the man at the helm, after all it happens in all walks of life.

Chris