Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Worthington has lost the players support

The latest disastrous performance where by all reports the players played without any spirit once again shows that the majority do not want to play for Norwich , and those who can will clear off in the January transfer window - Worthington in his post match comments could offer no hope when asked how will he change things - he is now resorting to blaming injuries ( we only had 2 who would have played ) and attacking his players as being spineless, and mosat worryingly he appeared to be giving up . It is clear that he no longer has the players support and the game is therefore up . When the team do not want to play , the manager has to go .

Delia , why is it that you and the board cannot see what 90% of the supporters can - We need to change the manager now or it will be too late . The limit of our expectation already is that we can avoid relegation - i would settle for that right now - so let''s do some commonsense planning for next year right now - Get rid of Worthington just to stop further rot - appoint David Williams from the youth team short term to freshen things up whilst taking your time to make the right full time appointment.

If you delay any more it will be too late - 4 games out of next 5 are away and at the end of that we will be in the relegation zone.

Worthy will not be too bothered because the board have said they back him to turn things around.

What is so frustrating is that the majority of supporters have seen for sometime that Worthy is very limited in what he is prepared to try in a game, sadly the board have not seen that.  He has a game plan and that usually means we hoof the ball to a central attacker or get it out to Huckerby.  Unfortunately if the striker doesn''t win the ball, or Huckerby takes on too many defenders and loses the ball, then that is it, there are no other tactics.

We get crap comments like energy levels were high, we kept a good shape etc.  We defend too bloody deep every game we play whether we are in front or behind.  We don''t allow players to express themselves, because they are restricted by the infamous Worthy shape.  Youngsters are not brought through quick enough, nor are they given an extended run in the team, unlike the older under performing players.

Most of the teams I have seen us play against at home have far more ideas than we do,  they don''t come to Carrow Road to shut up shop because they know that if they play football it will be us that revert to defending deep. 

Let us be honest we should have been sitting in the top six at least by now, with the prospect of bringing in good players in January to make the final push for promotion.  Good players are not going to want to come to a club that are struggling to avoid relegation.  Come to mention it not too many good managers will want to come to a club that is just above the relegation slots.

The board must act now to bring in a new manager and give him the time to at least get us into the play offs. 

I agree with Berks Canary apart from one comment! He said that after the next four away games we would be in the relegation zone! Wrong we are NOW in the relegation zone, and after the next four games without a change of manager we will be BOLT ON relegated. Berks Canary is right that many of the players have given up and are waiting for January to get out; Huckerby has shown his true colours and has proved the old saying when the going gets tough the tough get going! Ashton who could not stop scoring for a poor Crewe side last season also has given up; as for the rest of a mixture of loan players without heart and under performing youth palyers they should go along with Worthington. Big titles of Chief Executive & Chairman will mean very little in Division 3 where we are heading; unless the Wynd Jones start to take responsibility, accountability and support the fans! (They should reflect on the cost of fill ins to stands that will be empty next season, instead of spending on players) They should learn, like Robert Chase ,that the fans are the club and without us there would not be a club. I very much hope and expect that action will be taken during the next two weeks, and put this poor but too nice manager out of his obvious misery? Oh, and my name is attached to this message, so I am not hiding like most of our players who have conceded 9 goals in the first 45 minutes of the last three away games!!!! I rest my case!!

I have in the past backed worthy to turn things around ,but, i have had enough. I am not saying that everything is his fault but it is clear he has no idea what to do to turn it around. the players are (with a few exceptions) are a disgrace to the club and their profession. Saff,Doc and Dav are like  little boys with their finger in the wall of the dyke. Proffesional players of the experience we have got should be playing better than this if my MUM was the blo*dy manager!  (sorry mum). :If the Manager cannot get the players to perform then i am sorry but he has to go and soon. I have no idea who we would be able to get in Worthy''s place and frankly i don''t care co''s anything is better than this !!  

Excellent points Berks and I have to agree with you.  It is time for the Board to wisen up and do what they are there to do.  Take control of the situation, on behalf of the fans and the club employees and face up to their responsibilites.  It''s not nice to sack a mate, but they are the ones who take all the plaudits for being a well run club in the good times, now they have to crack the whip and do what has to be done.

I have to admit I did expect us to get promoted, given our squad and the fact we have several top quality players.  But it hasn''t worked out, those good players are not reaching their potential and not creating enough to win games, the feel good factor is not there to inspire their less capable colleagues and quite frankly it is fast becoming a real disaster.

Make no mistakes, we are NOT too good to go down, and on the current form (indeed the whole season''s form) we will.

The board have to act.  Yes, Nigel has done well in the past, but we don''t live in the past, we live now.  And now is bad.  Do what you have to do, Dave Williams for the rest of the season is a good idea, and if necessary take a while finding someone else for job next season.  If we carry on like this, we will be in Division One, finding "togetherness" was not all it was cracked up to be.