Sign in to follow this  
sidney

this has got to stop

The board has got to act as this simply cant go on. Its quite obvious that Nigel cant motivate the players.People say there is an injury crisis.If a player is injured and his immediate understudy is also unavailable then this is certainly a crisis. What is not is when a player is hurt and because of poor buys nobody is good enough to replace him.Also we all recognise that Safri is very important to our side and his absence has been used as an excuse by Nigel for bad results. Is this the same Safri who was picked in the reserves for 3/4s of last season?. Our moves in the transfer market before the start of last season was poor. We have wasted our money on bad signings and have suffered for it. wigan have done well and yes they have made more money available than we did. The fact still remains though that their manager is better than ours.I want nigel to go and to take his long ball tactics with him.Its no wonder our young players cant perform in the first team. They have been tought by people like Dave Williams to play on the floor and are then asked to play long. As a final point on the phone in tonight Adams said that Ashton is not scoring because when he was at Crewe they played football on the floor and got crosses in.Im sorry but if we are not as good as Crewe then we really are in serious trouble. The simple fact is that if we do not change manager now we will be relegated.He will not turn this around and if he is not going to resign then should be sacked. I accept that people may not agree and  they are entitled to their opinion. I think that most will side with me though, so what do you think?

This HAS got to stop.

I don''t know what I want to say. I''ve started this 3 times and my thoughts just get themselves into a muddle!

I just remember coming to the Burnley game somehere at the beginning of the 2001-2 season (my 1st game that season) and it was like I''d come to a different Carrow Road. There was a great atmosphere (couldn''t remember the last time the Barclay had been so loud!) and a belief was starting to emerge that we could really start to achieve something. I cannot begin to explain how frustrated and disappointed I feel now.

This is worse than the dark days of Hamilton when we had the ''exciting'' prospect of Tony Cottee and Steve Walsh here on loan. This is not good enough, we are not good enough and we certainly should be. It''s time for a change. Worthy has got to go. If he can''t give the players the rocket they deserve at the moment, then perhaps a new man can; shake them up and get them playing proper football with passion again. 

I just want to go to Carrow Road with that feeling from 4 seasons ago ~ that we are capable of achieving something, and the supporters, management, players and board can feel it too!

Yes, I thought Neil Adams almost let his guard slip for a moment. I read into what he said, or rather what he didn''t say, that Worthy and his cronies have completely ignored Ashton''s strengths and ruined his game by turning him into a workhorse/target man for this nonsensicial long ball trash Worthy promotes rather than provide him with the quality service from the wings and midfield which he needs to score goals. No wonder Deano looks so miserable. He must wonder what the hell he''s done coming here. Let''s hope the damage done isn''t lasting and that a new manager, and that is now only a question of when, not if, can get the lad playing his natural game and coach others into providing him with the service he needs to bang the goals in.

You''re preaching to the converted here, Gary. There are a few posters who think that ''we can still turn it around'' and that ''we can get to the play-offs'', but the statistics and the table don''t lie.

Get Worthington out NOW, so that his replacement has got a week or so to get his team in place for the next match; he will then have time to see who needs shipping out in January (although we could help him with that!) and what we need to do in the transfer market.

Sadly, I think that the Board might string this out until the end of the year.  

Gary

I for one, can''t argue with anything you have said. 

Nigel hasn''t been able to motivate the players for some time. One or two good (stuggling to think of one) a third of a way through a season is not good enough. He has now admitted he can''t motivate them and is lost as to what to do.

Your point about Safri is spot on.  Now he is our saviour or as some think the only player who can make us good.  No, we need eleven of those, and Safri alone can''t do it.  I bet he''s glad he can get out of this in Jan for the ANC.  Why was he in the reserves most of last season (barring injury), er, Gary Holt.

Please don''t get me started on long ball.  I am sure the rest of this board have heard enough about my views on Nigel and his long balls.

Yes, we bought a great young English striker from Crewe and have managed to ruin him in less than a season.  Superb stuff.

We were worse than Crewe when we played them at home early on, in my humble opinion that is. I enjoyed that game and seeing some great passing football, a team playing for each other, no cynical fouls.  Shame it was Crewe I was enjoying, not us.

The thing that saddens me most is your point about our youngsters. It is criminal, in my opinion that we have wasted all that talent.  They are as you say coached properly and play proper football.  It is then just swept aside in the work ethics, long ball *hi* our manager has instilled into the first team.  The club has always in the past been famed for bringing in new young talent.  In the past it was used for other ends, under Chase for example, to sell on for profit.  Henderson, the two Jarvis''s are far better than they are allowed to be under Worthy.  They and others (Ashton and McVeigh IMO) all need a proper coach and manager to bring out their footballing talents.

Please, Please Please Munby and co, give us a manager who truly holds the NCFC footballing philosophy dear to their heart.  I just want to see football at our club. Not excuses, not work ethics. 

Relegation.  Yes, Gary, sadly I can see it happening. 

[quote]Yes, I thought Neil Adams almost let his guard slip for a moment. I read into what he said, or rather what he didn''t say, that Worthy and his cronies have completely ignored Ashton''s strengths and rui...[/quote]

Yes Barry, I agree with your comments 110%

When things are as bad as this, we have to cling to a bit of hope and mine is precisely that soon we will have someone in charge who can get the best out of the players who still do want to play for our great club.

I was almost in tears watching Deano v Cardiff and can only imagine what it was like yesterday. 

He must be regretting coming here, and as for Dario, all those years of careful nurturing destroyed in less than a season, I wonder what he thinks?

We need someone who''s natural footballing philosophy is the real Norwich way, don''t care who it is, Williams for a start, even Burley, Crook, whoever in whatever combination, I just want to see some decent football on a Saturday afternoon, played along the ground with creativity, passion and ENJOYMENT. 

Is that really too much to ask for?

I totally agree, especially with cosmic twin, i dont know how to explain how frustraited and unhappy i am, its beyond me how weve got this bad, on paper the team is good enough to be up there with reading and sheffield united but we all know what the reality is. Even though i cant get my head round how bad we are i can see one obvious thing, it needs to change! I appreciate everything worthy has done for us, and will remember him fondly, if he goes soon and doesnt drag us further down (not that theres much further to go)The problem is does anyone really think Delia and the board will really go back on there word? i fear not any time soon.

I totally agree, especially with cosmic twin, i cant explain how frustrated or unhappy i am. i cant understand how we got this bad, on paper our team should be up there, but in reality...well we all know. something has to change, soon. i appreciate all worthy has done for us and will remember him fondly if he goes soon and doesnt drag us further down (not that there is much further to go) and i dont think slating players who are already low on confidence and losing trust in him will really help. we need to stop this, but does anyone really think Delia and the board will go back on there word? i fear not any time soon.

oops, sorry, new to this, didnt know about the waiting for it to be moderated part...um well at least now you know i feel strongly about this...:")