Sign in to follow this  
tom lansdale

ian crook new manager!

I live in Adelaide and Ian Crook works as a match pundit (Alan Hansen type) for Foxtel (Aussie equivalent to SKY). He is a very switched on bloke - no mistake about that. He is currently assistant coach at Sydney FC so he is definitely a possible replacement. The dream team in my opinion would be David Williams (manger) and Ian Crook (assistant). Would Crook leave Sydney for Norwich though??

Lets face it with Luton at home who ''spanked'' us recently and four winless away games to follow the board will act before Soton. We will be deep in the relagation mire by mid December and he WILL be sacked, that I have no doubt!

Me, I''d take Steve Bruce who''ll be on jobless by then along with Mark Bowen if he''s still kicking around.

And what has he done as a manager to prove he could do a good job here, a great player no doubt about that but as a manager not for me no experience.

Why the obsession with former players? Great players for us Crook and Bowen etc undoubtedly were but ALL of them are unproven as managers. Surely there are other considerations here apart from whether they played for us.

We need (if and when Worthington goes) the best possible man for the job not the best of our old players. I wouldn''t mind having Williams in as coach, having said that, as he has a wealth of experience in this country.