Sign in to follow this  
Budgie

Are All the Grumbling Fans on this Forum?

I avidly read this forum everyday ''cos I think it is a great source of humour and knowledge about the Canary team.

Just lately, however, the greatest air of discontent has pervaded these pages from fans sick to death with either how the team is performing or the fact that Worthington still has his head on his shoulders.

''Worthy Out!'' has been the call; ''Let''s Boycott so-and-so game''; ''Let''s Demonstrate Outside the AGM''; ''Who Do YOu Want As Our Next Manager?.

SO WHERE WERE YOU ALL LAST NIGHT AT THE AGM?

Where was the demonstration?  Or the call for Worthy''s Head?

I understand the situation more now than ever. Because of anonimity all the dissenters and libellists can put on this forum all kinds of scurrilous statements to stir up discontentment amongst the crowds that actually carry on religiously supporting the Canaries.

You meet these people every day at work: start an argument then casually walk away to the background where you can giggle at the controversy you have stirred up.

Reading this morning''s EDP last night''s AGM was a pussy cat compared to many in the past. Very few people pointed out Worthy''s failings; the great majority supported him and the board.

The disgusting thing, however, was the claim that rumours about individual players'' private lives have been pervading some websites. Again the cloak of anonimity helps those responsible to stir the s*** and walk away.

What I say to you dissenters is shut up or put up. Go to the next home game carrying a banner proclaiming ''We are the Forum Dissenters'' and let''s see what support YOU get! 

I know i will get some stick for this but here it goes...to be at the AGM you have to be a shareholder, which means you have also at some stage put some money into the club to help us to get where we are now. Yes i know paying to go to the game week in week out also puts money into the club but buying shares means no return for your money.

Everyone has an opinion and are quite entitled to it but some of the posts that have been allowed to be posted, i believe are not helpful to the greater cause which is Norwich City F C.

I really believe that the moderating of posts needs to be looked at more closely. I am not calling for censorship, because reasoned argument is always helpful but there have been to many completely unsubstantiated rumours on here about players and management which serve no purpose at all, just as stating ''Worthy Out'' without any reasoning behind it, does.

There said my bit

Nice post Budgie, i have been reading these boards for about two years, there are some excellent pieces on here and great humour but alas the moaning has increased fourfold this season, having said that if u had said to me at the beginning of the season that on November 1st we would be in the hideous position we are, i wouldnt have believed it!!  

[quote]I avidly read this forum everyday ''cos I think it is a great source of humour and knowledge about the Canary team. Just lately, however, the greatest air of discontent has pervaded these pages from f...[/quote]

Budgie

Were you at the AGM last night, if not, please read my report, which is as clear as I can make it, but I will go over your many points again.

No, there were no protests that I saw or heard.  I didn''t want to take part in one, nor start one.  IMO it hasn''t got to that stage yet, as unlike before, we have a board which does listen to us - even if they hold a different opinion.  Chase was just ***&*&*&*, see I would be banned if I told you what I think of him.

As to the stuff about rumours, Nigel had a bit of a rant about message boards in general, not naming a particular one as such.  He just said it was disgusting that people could do this and remain anonymous. 

I have read most of these rumours but don''t for a minute give them any viability and I think you will find the Pink Un is heavily moderated so hasn''t been involved in putting them forward for us all to digest. 

IMHO personal rumours about players are as Nigel says disgraceful and shouldn''t happen, but you can''t always stop people trying to read into things what they think has happened.  Libel?  Yes, and this might make them stop, but it won''t stop the uglier parts of human nature surfacing from time to time. 

There were questions put to Worthy about our current form, our close season purchases, injuries, players out of position, etc.  He answered them, but evaded some of the key points.  Munby called the meeting to a close just as it was getting interesting.  Yes, I agree it was mostly pro Worthy, but you can''t expect everyone there who wanted to ask a question to have had the chance to speak.

We were there for a while afterwards chatting to people we knew and it was a very depressed band of people.  Some I have seen going to football for a long time, all of us are concerned, Budgie, and I, for one, am very, very worried,  Sorry, I know that is negative, but I want my football club to play good attacking football and survive.  Somehow I think it will be a long time before I see good attacking football again, so I guess I must now just hope for survival.  Am I happy about that, no. 

As someone else pointed out for your average fan with a small shareholding and unused to these occassions it is an intimidating "situation" to be faced with and to put a question when the floor has opened with so many pro questions would not be easy.

I find it very interesting that there were no protestors at all outside the ground and tells me that either fans have accepted that the board will not change the manager yet so protesting is pointless or truly do not feel he should be sacked.  I dont know which it is but it is an endorsement of Worthy at this stage.

OTBC  

I agree, of course we are all disappointed and there are things we could criticize individuals for. That is everybodys right, but the impact of that is to take away some of the confidence. Imagine the players coming out tonight, will they be more nervous of making mistakes. Will they expect a cocopheny of boos if they do. Just think what that would do to their confidence.

Blaming Nigel for everything is easy, but has he really gone from sainthood to sinner. There needs to be a balance, he probably was not as good as made out at the top and not as bad as is being made out now.

So lets all try to stick together.

This forum and others exist for the very purpose of discussing our football club, a subject for which we all show considerable passion. We have an interest in what goes on at the club and have every right to constructively criticise the way in which the club is managed.

I was unable to attend the AGM last night, I live in London and other commitments prevented me from travelling. However I''m pretty upset by the reports I''ve read this morning from a number of posters for whom I have considerable respect. People have asked legitimate questions concerning the club. Many questioned the balance of the squad preseason fearing we would lack depth in midfield, they now have a right to question this again. On numerous occasions we''ve seen players frozen out and many feel the team have suffered as a result. Whilst I do not support the posting of unsubstantiated rumours concerning players personal lives I think we have the right to question is something is amiss if we believe play to be suffering.

Many of us who believe Worthy has had his time have not made some knee jerk reaction. We have come to this view over the course of the last 60 odd games. I am grateful for what Mr Worthington has helped us achieve during his reign and wish him well for the future. However the simple truth is that after a while the weight of history catches up with you and a new start is needed. Let a new manager come in, he can give the players a clean slate, let all of them play for their places - young and old. At the moment things are stale, the psychology of the club is all wrong and the very symptom of this was a stage managed AGM last night. 

Lastly I am not scared to hide behind a user name on the internet to express my view. My name is Alastair Hall, I''m a shareholder and have been a club member for 15 years. I do not have a season ticket because I can''t get to all the games but attend as many as I can. I also have regular reports from my Brother and Parents who are season ticket holders in the Upper Barclay. I believe that everyone on here is a true fan of the club and deserves the right to express their views and argue their case within the rules laid down by the moderators. The fans are the club, we will be here long after players, mangers and board members have departed.

Here''s to 3 points this evening, good luck to the team and to the fans keep your heads held high and remember you are NCFC .....

ok i understand everything that is being said and agree with most of it, but how long do you go on supporting a manager that repeats the same mistakes that lead to our team losing. How long to you put up with the sort of form that will cripple our club. I would love nothing more than for tonight game we win 3-0 when go unbeaten for 20 or so games win the league and everyones happy and we will look back and say "what were we thinking worthy is brilliant", but can you see that happening? I would love for worthy to turn this around it would be a lot easier if he would because as we have been told on many occasions that sacking a manager is like buying a £1 million player that before you pay for someone else to come here.

We are all norwich fans and want the best for our team, so when it isn''t going right and it hasn''t for a LONG time now you turn to the manager because he is the man who puts out the team, he is the man who builds the team up for games, he makes the decions, so he takes the blame.