Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

What's your most memorable City team?

I don''t mean who are your favourite eleven City players, I mean which team (that actually all played on the same pitch at the same time) do you remember, like you remember your first kiss or your first hows-your-father? Which team can you name off the top of your head, from one to eleven? *

Fillet the Fish Wife and I are pretty much of the same mind on this one:

Keelan, Payne, Black, Stringer, Forbes, Briggs, Livermore, Bone, Cross, Paddon, Foggo.

* For the benefit of some of our younger members, once upon a time when a football team ran onto the pitch, they were numbered from 1 to 11, according to the position they played in. This did have the benefit of helping some players remember just what the hell they were supposed to be doing, and it also helps old codgers like me to remember and reel-off their favourite team.

[quote]Could be the team that played Fulham in May!!!!!! After all, none of us will EVER forget that[/quote]

Played ?, they didn''t even turn up !

[quote]Could be the team that played Fulham in May!!!!!! After all, none of us will EVER forget that[/quote]

Six bloody nil, as I recall.....

As I''m not that old I don''t really remember very long ago, so I''d have to say the most memorable team for me was the one that got us promoted. Sorry I''d love to be able to have said that I could have seen some of the great times of before.

From mid table to promotion in a dozen games....

Woods, Haylock, Downs, McGuire, Walford, Watson, Barham, O''Neill, Deehan, Bertschin, Bennett (or Mendham). sub Jack

Unfortunately that was then but this is now