Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

The most telling thing.

from the Worthy post match interview was when he was asked what he needed to do to turn the "situation" around he had no idea.

Completely clueless. That about sums it up.

Unless a change is made soon this will get very very ugly.

Absolutley right, it was shocking to hear Worthy trying and failing to come up with an answer to the question of what he is going to do to turn it around.

I really hope the board act now but the reality is that they won''t because there seems to be some kind of love-in at Carrow Road which seems to be more important than the results and the success of the team.

The spin coming out of Carrow Road over the last few weeks has been ridiculous and last week''s pantomime of stooges at the AGM followed by the wholly patronising ''players messageboard rumours'' smokescreen has done nothing but foster an ever increasing them and us situation - as opposed to the ''all in it together'' philosophy of recent seasons.

On one side there are about 90% of the fans who want a change of management and on the other there are a tiny section of fans who still believe Worthy can turn it arounnd, the board who are blindly ignoring the facts and taking the Michael out the fans by peddling the kind of spin New labour would be proud of - aided by a number of Archant journalists I might add.

DELIA, PLEASE SORT IT OUT NOW!!!!

hmm, well there not much more he can do.

he has nothing to go on

no money to bring anyone new in

nothing to change anything with

come january lots of players will be leaving, and a load of no-body''s will be coming in.

its scary, but its the only way out

"Ugly" - a good choice of word, USA. I believe that Worthington has lost the majority of the fans, so that''s past resolution. However, the fans are now starting to turn on the Board, and that''s when things start getting ugly, as Robert Chase would tell you.

Delia and Co have enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the fans over the past few years. However, her statement of unequivocal support for Worthy created a schism amonst the fans and, unless Worthy is shown the door soon, the relationship of the Board with the fans will deteriorate rapidly.

A football club is, first and foremost, about the fans. Without them a manager, Board or players will struggle to keep their heads above water. Act now, Michael and Delia, before you lose your most important asset.    

[quote]Absolutley right, it was shocking to hear Worthy trying and failing to come up with an answer to the question of what he is going to do to turn it around. I really hope the board act now but the real...[/quote]

Editor Of Milk

Firstly, love the name and pic

You are certainly not alone in your fury re the current board''s love in with Worthy and their backing of him, I just don''t know what to think anymore regarding our position both on the pitch and in the boardroom.

Seems the first is on no real concern to the second.  If it is, then why aren''t they acting?  Does it take two successive relegations to get it through to them that Worthy lost it long ago.  He is not inspiring anything out of the team we have.  I simply cannot believe the whole lot of them are useless.  But it is no pretty obvious he has lost them, and I don''t think he can get them back after his comments yesterday.

What do we do now?  Well I for one cannot rule out taking part in after game demos, I feel increasingly patronised by this board and am very angry that they think we are just a lot of rumour mongers.  How else do I show my lack of faith in the board, I just cannot bring myself to boo the players, I cannot sing Worthy''s Green and Yellow Army, and I feel so desperate about how I feel, but I cannot just sit and do nothing.  So much for all this togetherness, if the board really think that the 600 shareholders at the AGM are a representation of all fans then they have lost it too. 

I''ll tell you this Munby, the latest rumour on the messageboards is fast becoming a fact.  We are terrible and are going down. 

Gazza, thanks for the kind words re. the name & pic.

With regards to the sit_u_ation at City I am bewildered by the way they are handling the whole affair. I said it earlier in the thread but the spin they come out with only serves to wind people up. It might have worked (for Alistair Campbell et al.) 7 or 8 years ago but we are all becoming used to and tired of it all. What happened to honesty?

As for team affairs, its my personal belief that along with Worthy we should ship out most of the current first team and start again. They have been a disgrace (Ashton and Safri excepted). I also feel that if the board have the guts to appoint a new boss they should go for someone young and hungry, i.e. Steve Tilson. What they''ll do though is appoint a ''name'' such as Burley so that if it goes wrong they can blame the new manager rather than take the flak themselves.

I know it sounds like I have a problem with our board and hand-on-heart I honestly believe that they are doing a fantastic job, long term and i wouldn''t swap them for anyone - well, maybe Abramovich. I just wish they would do the right thing re. the current situation and also cut out the spin (we are not 12 years old!).

I know that the biggest problem is getting anyone to sign for Norwich but what about the following?

Forget promotion this season.
Plan for promotion next season (whilst we still have the parachute).

SELL: Huckerby, Green, Brennan, Fleming, Ryan Jarvis.

BUY: Elliot (Hull), Lunt or Vaughn (Crewe), Etuhu (Preston), Sodje (Brentford), Halford (Colchester), Eastwood (Southend).