Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Excellent posts

Human nature is such a strange thing. Now that the chips are down, big time, all the stupid hate posts/posts about conspiracies have disappeared  & the crux of NCFC''s situation is being rationally discussed; is Nigel Worthington up to the job?

I thought he probably was. I think I was probably wrong.

In an earlier post I said things would get worse before they got better, but that something would change & Norwich would be mid-table come Christmas. I believed that change would be brought about by the manager finding the necessary qualities of leadership & inspiration within himself, but it''s just not happening.

I do believe, as some have pointed out, that he has got too close to some players. As a manager in a high-profile profession where performance, ability & form (often volatile) are so publically on display he must maintain a distance - while still retaining their respect &, if possible, affection. A tricky act to pull off. Hopefully he''ll learn from this experience & apply it in his next job - I really mean that, he''s a decent bloke.

What to do? Perhape eomeone could draft a thoughtful & sympathetically worded petition that most supporters could feel able to put their name to &, with as much publicity as possible, ceremonially hand it to Delia. I think it would be best coming from another woman ...

Gazza?

The whole situation is awful.

I have also Kept The Faith to date, and I still do not believe that Worthy is the architect of our current problems, but after listening to his post-match comments yesterday I am not convinced he is going to be the architect of their solution either.

Hi Andrew, I remember trying to help get a petition signed to get rid of Chase, a group of us were in the Castle Mall just before Christmas and someone (no doubtedly a Chase fan) called the security guards and we were persuaded to leave!

When the petition was handed in we were spat at, jeered etc by City fans, not nice.  I know it isn''t the same situation now, but I would dearly love to have the chance to speak to Delia and co on a level playing field, ie not the AGM.  However, until the board can see the evidence before them without resorting to their natural heart on their sleeve admiration and gratitude to Nigel, things are not going to get better for us. 

It will be a tough decision, but at the moment things are not improving, things are not getting better and just how much faith are we all expected to have?