Sign in to follow this  

Much as it appals me to raise the issue Dean needs to go in January, we would like £7m but won''t get it now Worthy has managed to destroy his ability, £5m might be realistic, this would provide a new manager with £4m or so plus whats left of Morrison money to get in around 6 new recruits.

Huckerby needs to be replaced, 2 central midfielders, right sided midfielder and new striker to replace Deano are necessities and the £4-5m may not be enough to save us, this money should definitely be given to Worthless.

Apologies to all but how many saleable assets do we have ?

I see where you are coming from but no i would keep deano. Spend the two million we have on a right winger and centre mid, then the club should get out some more cash and show some serious ambition. IMO we should only sell Deano if we are broke because if he had service we would get a lot of goals.

What are you on about?
Destroyed his ability? Get a grip man.
Words fail me on these boards sometimes.

[quote]Much as it appals me to raise the issue Dean needs to go in January, we would like £7m but won''t get it now Worthy has managed to destroy his ability, £5m might be realistic, this would provide a new ...[/quote]

Well he''s hardly likely to want to stay, is he.

on the ashton point, i really dont think we would get anything like £6 mill for him.....but i have been very surprised at his performances, just when i was thinking ''great at last another top-class striker to replace iwan'' , he has failed to live up to his billing, but you dont just lose your quailty, and hopefully like iwan will turn great after a season.....

on the transfer issue, a) we dont have £2mill to spend, you have to remember this came from the selling club, who obivusly want to get as much as they want, this fee would have involved bonus and clauses relating to the performance and the intital fee would have probably been around £1 mill.....b) we now have no realistic chance of automatic promotion unlike last time and for the board to spend into the millions would be seen as very high risk strategy (dont forget were still in debt)

We know that Deano can deliver the goods - his goalscoring record is sustained enough to know he has a touch of class.  

The fact our manager is unable to get the best out of a talented footballer should not be landed at the players feet so that the manager can then squander more money on running men rather than footballers.

We must let Deano have a brief to plough teh central line and leave the flanks and midfield to those players just as he did at Crewe.  But that means having a footballing vision rather than an athletics obsession and as Worthyhas yet to admit to making a single error I cant see that happening just yet - can you?

OTBC

Ashton''s trying his very best for City IMO, so I really hope he stays and waits for developments. It WILL get better, and he''s a player of real quality and we need him.

[quote]what...and give the money to Nigel to spend? No thanks. Ashton i still an asset (just). let''s get rid of the liability first.[/quote]

Spot on FTWF!!

Worthington''s transfer dealings have been awful. A few hits and many more misses. Who trusts him to spend the our transfer cash wisely in January, if he is still around then??  All those with their hands up please meet in a phone box.

£5 million?

the way he the team ar eplaying at the moment, i doubt anyone would really want him. £4 million at most thou

even if we sold deano for say 6 million time we paid crewe there cut i can see the rest of the cash being stashed for the fall in revenue from season ticket sales next season

[quote]What are you on about? Destroyed his ability? Get a grip man. Words fail me on these boards sometimes.[/quote]

No, coz he''s playing fine this season isn''t he.

Sorry...do I hear "KTF"???

Worthington has hardly destroyed Ashton''s ability, he is mearly suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment, as is Huckerby, Green etc and the rest of the team!

also i believe you will find whatever we get for Deano if we did sell him Crewe get something in the region of about 30% of it.Im sure i can remember reading that when we signed him.I believe the was the way the rest of the team are playing and trying(or not as the case maybe) they are bringing down the confidence of players like Deano and Hucks.I would just like to see worthy leave and whoever we get in be it be David Williams or whoever start afresh.It will give them a couple of months to see who wants to stay and can sort something out as regards the squad in the transfer window.