Sign in to follow this  
jb

Can we have our Crouch back?

Don''t believe he should ever have been allowed to leave.Shame about Svensson but surely O''Leary will allow us to have him back even for three months.

Saw him today get his token 2 minute sub appearance at Villa. I bet he would jump at the chance.
However, wasn''t there a daft rule that unless we signed him before 31 Dec we couldn''t have him back unless we bought him? I may be wrong. With the results of the share issue to be announced soon - who knows??

I''d love to see crouchy back in a city shirt again. Should we still be looking to strengthen more up front or not. The signing of Mckenzie and Svenson has deffinately made a vast differece to the options which we now have upfront, and lets not forget huckerby!! I''m sure crouchy would jump at the chance and who knows what worthy has up his sleeve!!

Are you lot kidding? We''d have 6 strikers on the books then (admittedly that includes Abbey)

Let us wait with baited breath for Diane to tell us of any news on Crouchy. Having spent two weeks in the US over xmas I miissed out on the huckerby coverage ( except for the pinkun web site news ). Dianes coverage and news on the message board was top quality and up to the minute, worthy of news 24 or CNN. Many thanks

I think we have about as much chance of signing Crouch as we do Zidane! I''m sure Crouch would love to come back and we would all love to see him back but I think Villa would be looking for £2m+ fee and there is no way City are going to have that kind of money this season. Also I know he''s only playing 2 minutes a game but Villa have no-one else in their squad after Balaban left.

I think our best hope is to see him next season playing for us in the Premier League.

If we took him back on loan it could only be for a month now that the 31st of december has ellapsed but that would see us through till Svensson is back.

Maybe then if we made the promised land we would then be in a position to purchase the big man.

Quite right Windy, and they seem to be over looking the 2 and half million reasons why we can''t have him back, because that what he''ll cost, a loan is NOT an option, OK!. And he''s not OUR''S either, he''s Villa''s!. These new posters (apart from Beccles Girl) seem to live in their own private and insulated little world.

Please come back Diane, Snake Pit Rebel, Gazza the Great, Bury Belvoir, Mook, Intendo and all the realists, hell even Master Green come to that, these boards need you all...urgently!.

Yankee: don''t bother mate, you''re a 100% idiot!.

''Their own isolated little world''? .Just a tad arrogant.I bet you''re one of those grown adults who read Harry Potter books.

Simon Green, Terry Goodkind Yes, Harry who, never jb!. Sorry Saint C, our posts must have crossed at the same time, so I will apologise to you, even a slight grovel if you like.

The wizard arrogant, to damn right I am!.

Thanks Wizard, I always enjoy your posts and thought that might have been what happened. I totally agree that Crouch is not OURS, as much as everyone would love him to be. I think O''Leary is underestimating how good a footballer he is though by using him to waste time at the end of a game. Would love to see him in the Yellow and Green playing Premiership football next year! Would love to see him here on Saturday, would like to win the lottery tonight. I think me winning the lottery is more likely than us buying Crouch though! Would be great if I did then I could pay for Crouch. Hmmmm I wonder if Delia and the board play the lottery??

LOL! I don''t think with a tenner I could buy his bootlace! I would donate a few million to City for a player like Crouch, for a place on the board of course (just kidding) if I won the jackpot tonight.

It was interesting to see PC and Kevin Harper having quite a chat as they walked off the pitch last night. I couldn''t help wondering if they were talking about their time at Norwich and speculating as to whether they might meet up here again at some point in the future! I, for one, would like to see it happen. Even though on for just a couple of minutes PC did some good stuff, again...but the Villa fans still don''t seem to have taken to him or show signs of appreciating him. (I think that''s why PC is referred to as ''our'' Crouch in this thread. It only shows how much we valued and respected him, even though he is, of course, Villa''s player).

I agree.Apparently he got a great reception from the Pompey fans too last night.Mate in Brum says the Villa fans are coming round to him big time now though as is O''Leary.Just being sensible easing him back in to keep confidence high.

Istwizard,
Please come and join us on the www.ncfc-fans.co.uk message board and you might get a nice surprise.lol

agreed city angel, yeah come on 1st wizard

we are trying to arrange a meet for all us pro-huckerby fans (pre signing him of course!!)

just LOVED the message in the club shop window re the time it would take to get your shirt printed with the great man''s name on lol

replying to first wizard

sorry mate, as we have now signed hucks, been busy sorting my little life out (yes i do have one!!)

but will be on here more frequently again soon

Gazza, I''m confused!

I think EVERYONE was "pro" signing Huckerby, it''s just that some of us thought that we had no money at all. Which is EXACTLY the same situation that 1st Wizard now thinks we are in regarding Crouch. If we (unlikely, but so was Hucks) suddenly sign Crouch, is everyone that asked for him back entitled to gloat over their "success"? Is 1st Wizard now in our (myself, A1 etc) position, totally out of order to conclusively rule out the signing of Crouch, or should the next generation of "ambition" crusaders start going nuts and shouting about speculating to accumulate? Where do you draw the line?

Everyone wants good players here, we all know it depends on finances, and we all have different views on how much we should spend. I just had to send this post, as there has been a lot of self-congratulation on this message board that i have been a bit confused by. We never said that Huckerby would be bad for the club.

Oh come on Mook!. There''s a slight difference between finding 750k plus wages for Hucks to sign and the reported 2 and a half million plus wages for PC, is''nt there?

Of course I''d love Peter Crouch here, but even I can see its not on, but that does''nt mean I''m now in you and A1''s camp. And never will be I hope.

But do we REALLY know what finances are floating about, course we don''t. And thats what I and others were saying to you over Hucks, but I think in this case, its too much for City to meet. A bridge too far if you like.

What''s so wrong with our camp?! And anyway, I think he''s left me. Car keys were gone this morning, and there was no note left...

But Mr Wizard, that WAS my EXACT argument. "Of course I''d love Peter Crouch here, but even I can see its not on" - just replace Crouch''s name with Hucks. And you lot went nuts. And at the time it looked as if Huckerby''s fee would be £1.5m plus the pay off of his wages too, which seemed outrageous for a club like us. Thus was my point.

Anyway, it''s in the past now - I just hope that it is a bit clearer how this “argument” came about. Everyone wanted Huckerby, but we all had different views of how much was in the kitty, and why it might jeopardise the club’s future.

If we go up we will sign Crouch.I believe this is a done deal.Hence OLeary taking him back for now(unless he establishes himself as afirst team regular at Villa in the meantime).

Mook, it is clear that Wizard and his little gang are hypocritical in the truest sense of the word over this whole issue. Their hypocrisy is demonstrated by their various messages claiming they were rejoicing because of the efforts of all Norwich fans to support the signing of Huckerby BUT as you read their distasteful little messages of self-congratulations between themselves you saw the little gang for what they really are. Of course they should have a party between themselves but it would be nice if they had the integrity to find a legitimate reason for doing so. If they have an ounce of conscience between them perhaps they might invite Nigel Worthington and the Norwich Board who put all the effort in to a) get Darren into a Norwich shirt in the first place and b) devise and execute an economic plan to get the player signed permanently.

first of all yankee get your facts right

none of us have ever said we don''t want crouch, i certainly did, although i personally wanted huckerby more

since our first posts re hucks and crouch, we have also bought in mckenzie and svensson - but i would rather have had crouch than either of them, that is my opinion only

i fear though if crouch is valued at 2m, he might be out of our reach now, but you never know, strange things happen at our football club, strange thing is though, i don''t remember you ever being either pro or anti getting hucks in the months leading up to his signing. I can remember (and respect Mook''s posts) as he clearly stated what he felt, yes, he would like hucks, but the finances weren''t there. Fine

but you come on here and just personally slag off everyone!

For your information, mate, us huckerby campaigners are having a party!! and we will certainly be raising a glass or two to you

you can rant all you like, you never once broke our resolve, our spirit and we aim to enjoy ourselves in the second half of the season, cheering on a player who will become a city legend. Sorry for congratulating ourselves, but we really and truly love this club and passionately wanted hucks to sign, which he did, see sometimes money is second to love. Thank god for that.

Right listen and wise up Yankee, if you can find ONE post signed by me on these boards, saying I felt I was personaly responsible for Hucks deciding to come here, I will have the Ip****h crest tatooed on my a***e OK !.

You really are a nasty piece of work are''nt you, sitting behind the safety of your keyboard, full of hate and bile for anyone who dares to disagree with you.

You''ve managed to upset so many fine posters on here ( and one in paticular springs to mind, who did''nt deserve your spleen sir ) with your obscure thoughts and rants, so much so that like many now, I''m convinced your a sad and bitter little scummer, who just can''t handle City''s success at the moment.

So from now on YC, as I and others are, in your words hypocrites, I, and I hope the others, will ignore your pointless babble, and concentrate on those more worthy of our attention.

If that sounds pompus, then yes I suppose it is, when placed against some of your logic (Merger Indeed!). You see Mr Yankee, its really is a case of mind over matter, we''ll try not to mind, because in the end, you really don''t matter, do you?, OK.

Wizard,you put it much better than I could have done,quite agree that we should just ignore Yankee in future and just chat to the decent people on here who respect other people''s opinions.
As for Crouchy would be happy to see him back if we can find the cash,can''t see it happening though.