Sign in to follow this  
Zippers Left Foot

Club & Fans

The club are suffering from a PR disaster. We have made realistic bids for SOME (but not all) players but they have chosen for other reasons to go to other clubs.

I know first hand that we offerred £425k for Connolly which was accepted by the Dons - however the player simply wanted to stay in London having spent most of his career moving around Europe - a logistical issue that Worthy or the board could do nothing about (likewise with Hulse)

Before I knew what the offer was I assumed that we simply missed out by offering less than the £285k the hammers got him for and damned the club for lack of ambition...

What I cant understand is why werent the fans told this?? People in football would have known what we offered anyway - this sort of thing usually comes out - so why not do some positive PR with your own fans to DEMONSTRATE that the board are trying to get the right players but it sometimes simply does not come off.

On the otherside of the coin it seems that NW did fancy Taylor - a big target man that the team desperately needs, not another shorty - yet we never followed up an interest once he suffered a short term injury pre season and he is now playing for another club. We must be able to match Forest for financial clout?

There is an apparent inconsistency in the clubs actions but is the way the media is being handled making them appear less ambitious than they really are? And why do they seem to be treating the city faithful with such contempt?

OTBC

What concerns me most is the apparent willingness of the ''fans'' to blame Worthington for the failure to bring in a striker. As I understand it, all the offers and negotiations are not handled by him anyway - he just syas who he wants and what he thinks they are worth - the rest is done by Mr Doncaster and his team. And judging by this summer''s events, he still has a lot to learn on that front, as too often the club went public with a bid which the player''s current club didn''t even acknowledge........makes you wonder if he is actually doing ANY of this part right. After all, look at our signings, and Brennan was out of contract, Francis was a dealing with administrators, and Edworthy was a free agent - not one of those involved dealing with a club or agents directly.

[quote user="Zippers Left Foot"]The club are suffering from a PR disaster. We have made realistic bids for SOME (but not all) players but they have chosen for other reasons to go to other clubs.

I know first hand that we offerred £425k for Connolly which was accepted by the Dons - however the player simply wanted to stay in London having spent most of his career moving around Europe - a logistical issue that Worthy or the board could do nothing about (likewise with Hulse)

Before I knew what the offer was I assumed that we simply missed out by offering less than the £285k the hammers got him for and damned the club for lack of ambition...

What I cant understand is why werent the fans told this?? People in football would have known what we offered anyway - this sort of thing usually comes out - so why not do some positive PR with your own fans to DEMONSTRATE that the board are trying to get the right players but it sometimes simply does not come off.

On the otherside of the coin it seems that NW did fancy Taylor - a big target man that the team desperately needs, not another shorty - yet we never followed up an interest once he suffered a short term injury pre season and he is now playing for another club. We must be able to match Forest for financial clout?

There is an apparent inconsistency in the clubs actions but is the way the media is being handled making them appear less ambitious than they really are? And why do they seem to be treating the city faithful with such contempt?

OTBC
[/quote]

See in five years nothing changes does it?

[quote user="Be Smart Wizard"]

[quote user="Zippers Left Foot"]The club are suffering from a PR disaster. We have made realistic bids for SOME (but not all) players but they have chosen for other reasons to go to other clubs.

OTBC
[/quote]

See in five years nothing changes does it?

[/quote]

lol well done for digging this up, and you are right, not much chnages with our club lol