Sign in to follow this  
Archie

If we make it...

who do you think can hack it in the premiership??? I''d think Green, Drury, Mulryne/Holt/Francis in midfield, maybe McVeigh and Huckerby. Of those in the current team I feel that MacKay certainly couldn''t manage Premiership football, niether Edworthy, Henderson and whoever Huckerby''s partner upfront is.

At the Everton game I was really impressed with Henderson. He had two shots that were well saved and he ran at their defence and put them under pressure. He (and for that matter Jarvis) didn''t look at all out of place. As to whether they could perform regularly - we''ve no way of knowing that until we get to it, and they''re a bit more experienced I guess.

Don''t forget McKenzie either. If he gets another 10 goals this season and looks the part, we may well put him in that category as well. What about Brennan? Svensson?

I felt also that Fleming looked solid against Everton. Sure he might not keep up with van Nistelrooy or Henry, but then who can? He coped well with Ferguson and Rooney.

So as others have said, with perhaps 3 new players (RW, RB, CB?) we''d have a crack at it wouldn''t we?

Ama

This is some sort of joke presumably? Norwich a Premiership team with three new additions?!?
Green, Drury, WeLoveyou and Huckerby are keepers I reckon (Green certainly is, geddit?!?).

On some days of the week I think Holt and Mulryne might survive, but that one in particular is difficult to judge. Their all round game isn''t sufficient I don''t think. Holt is an excellent harrier and yet his passing/shooting isn''t the best, and Mulryne has the passing/shooting down to a T but has seemed a little shy since he broke his leg.

Anywho, this is not to detract from the fact that most, if not all, of our players are of a very very high standard (Easton not included, grrr) and they certainly played well against Everton in the second half. Good luck at Sexy Football HQ tomorrow lads.