Sign in to follow this  

Mike Newell:  Extreme discontent at Luton.  An experienced manager with a good track record.

George Burley:  A very experienced manager with a superb track record.  Has family in East Anglia and I think would be interested in coming to Norwich

as named in one of my previous posts mike newell or john gregory though not sure if he is working steve bruce because what ever karen brady says i still think he will go

Bruce''s record in the Prem is worse than ours last year.
Burley is a filthy binner who quits jobs about every 6 months.

So thats 2 off the list...

yup where could we find a manager who loses most of his
games and constantly picks the wrong team. Lets scour them
streets high and low for a worthy replacement.

I do not have the knowledge (or time) to trawl through the employee listing of virtually every league club (English and Scottish) let alone think of all the ex managers, coaches, players out there who could be suitable.

No 9 Bly - this is exactly what the Board should have been doing for sometime now, they are in the business day in and day out. Alternatively they should be using a headhunter who knows the ''football world'' much better than they and who has the contacts and knowledge to draw up a list of candidates.

Why do we need someone ''experienced''? Look at Watford. When they appointed Adie Boothroyd, their fans went mad because no-one had heard of him. Now AB is the hero. There MUST be other AB type coaches out there who would jump at the chance to manage Norwich. You also imply that there would be few takers for the Norwich job. I beg to differ. I am 100% convinced that the club would be inundated with many high calibre candidates if the vacancy was open. Despite what we think of oursleves now, Norwich have a much higher reputation ''in the game'' than many of us believe.

It is also a fallacy to suggest that an out of work manager is ''no good'' as many fans seem to suggest. Look at Steve Cotterill now back in work at Burnley after a long time out of the spotlight since he left Sunderland. Joe Royle was out of work for over a year I think before ending up at Ipswich. Say what you like about Royle but he has done a fantastic job with NO MONEY and selling the best players he inherited! Worthy by comparison has spent an absolute fortune and look at what he''s done with it!         

Why do people rave about Burley? Weren''t the Binners in a very similar situation to us when they sacked him? They had just lost 3-0 at Grimsby. He did well at Derby but mysteriously left when building a good side. He is 100% Ipswich mad (even when he was at Derby) and I am convinced that his heart would not be in it if he came here. He would live down the road and spend all his spare time there. Leave him alone, there are others who could do the job.

[quote]for all the Worthy out rhetoric on this board I have yet to hear anyone suggest a replacement who is experiecened and likely to be even vaguely interested So, heres your chance[/quote]

George Graham ticks all your boxes I think

[quote]give worthy untill xmas then if still not working.I say go for micky adams coventry experienced manager and very talented.[/quote]

Do you honestly think that we can afford to wait until Xmas ?

I assume you do mean Xmas 2005 or will you still be saying that next year at this time.

Harry Redknapp is definitely the man for the job in my opinion.

For a start he is a proven wheeler and dealer in the transfer market this he has proved at all clubs (he got Davenport at Soton) this would be very important for us considering the holes we have to fill at the back and in midfield, and during the transfer window he made the most of not a lot whilst we only managed to acquire Ashton (good as it was it just wasn''t enough).

He is very good at recognising & bringing youth players into the team, something Worthington isn''t good at. His record at West ham being the most obvious although admittedly you do need the raw talent to begin with, but we have got youth players capable of doing a job in this division(henderson, jarvis brothers, shackell)

His attacking style of play would suit us, as at the moment our strength is our good forwards, and lets face it you should play to your strengths.

He is a good man manager and does a good job at getting the best out of his players Crouch being a good example did nothing at Southampton until Redknapp took charge of him and turned him into an England player (In Sven''s eyes anyway). Lets face there are several players not playing to their obvious potential at the moment.

So why would he leave Southampton for us? Rupert Lowe a man more interested in Hockey than Football is one and the other is the man he has put above Harry, Sir Clive Woodward. It is quite obvious that Harry doesn''t like having people above him, that''s why he left Portsmouth in the first place, surely as soon as Woodward stick''s his oar in somewhere not required he will go. Also the fact is that we do have a good squad it''s just a bit bare outside the 1st choice 11 he could definitely do some wheeling and dealing wit the Francis money.

Genius...  Harry Redknapp, don''t make me laugh.

Redknapp got Davenport - so did Worthington.

Wheeling and Dealing in the transfer market - I thought they got relegated last year as well.

Attacking football - haven''t they got the most number of draws this year in english football.

Bringing on the youngsters - they sold Phillips, Camara and Crouch - they have no other choice than to play a 16 year old center forward.

Turned Crouch into a good player - that was us during his loan spell, either that or he just needed to play football to prove he could play. I am still waiting for his first Liverpool goal.

what about Mark Bowen with Dave Williams as his first team coach. He now has plenty of experience as a No2 and will surely be given the chance by somebody to make the step up to manager before long.

I have always liked worthy, but he has lost it, they are all his players now, so how can he talk about spirit or anything he has to go, no more waiting.

we dont have left over premiership money for long, we need adrian boothroyd.

he is a coach, a top one.

in theory the team is good on paper, we need a coach to realise that not someone like redknapp or burley who will wanna wheel and deal, but someone good who knows the club and can turn the players we havewith a couple of good acuquisitions into quality, sadly we may need watford to lose a few games first.

but we could get him, we are a much more likely premiership club than watford, with large unsecured debt and he would know it, or nike newell, but someone fast.

Peter Taylor - Hull CityMicky Adams - CoventryDanny Wilson - Bradford City (I think)Mike Newell - LutonGeorge Burley - unattachedCraig Brown - unattachedEr............I think that''s enough for now. As to why they would come to Norwich - well why wouldn''t they? Luton cannot reasonably be expected to get promoted & MN is not happy at the moment, Coventry are only mid-table, Hull are below mid-table and PT is ambitious, DW is a very good coach at a poor club, GB & CB both looking for work.

THE ONE MAN FOR THE JOB ----- ADIE BOOTHROYD ------

KNOWS THE SET UP NOW PROVING HE CAN DO A GREAT JOB AS A MANAGER, BUT OOPS FORGOT THATS ANOTHER WORTHY CLANGER ONE THAT GOT AWAY!!!!

Come on Nobby...give us all a break. You tell Steve H not to make you laugh because he''s high on Harry Redknapp. I think he should make you laugh. You''ve been making the rest of us laugh for a long, long time as you defended Nigel Worthington through to this current situation. You can''t have all the fun you know. You''ve got to allow some other people room to create the laughter.

the only sensible propostion amongst those is Newell... Burley has more problems than we do and Redknapp...you must be joking...

how about Boothroyd at Watford?