Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Delia is just as much to blame

Now I realise its a ''capital'' crime to criticise that ''sacred cow'' that is Delia Smith. Yes, she saved this club from a financial point of view, but if not her, someone else would have come along!.

So unlike many of you, I don''t buy into this ''holy saviour'' type image you''ve given her.

In my book she and her fellow board members are just as guilty for the mess we''re in as Nigel Worthlessington is. She and they could end it today if they were so inclined by sacking NW.

But no, what do they do?, accuse us fans of ''knee jerk'' reactions and publicly back him even further. This is the women who saw no wrong in Hamilton remember!.

She, and her fellow board members put Worthy on this long contract in the first place, it is her, and them, who are jointly responsible for the mess we are in today.

It is just as much her fault, don''t forget it!.

Wizard sometimes your bitterness in that last post is pathetic, childish and unpleasant. You should be ashamed. And your comments not tolerated.

Delia has done more for NCFC than you have ever done. And note - I am not referring to financial input. Wheras you are negative and full of wind. Delia offers positive support alongside a desire to improve the state of our club. Her role as an ambassador is fantastic.

Secondly referring to Delia as a '' sacred cow'' is unnacceptable. Are you mocking her faith? Calling her a cow? However much you tried to wrap it up in humour, it is unpleasant.

May I say that Delia is a good woman who is doing her best to support the club in a crisis. As a major financial investor she is entitled to do that in the manner she feels best.

Wizard I value your presence on these boards - but not when they are full of spite and mischief. You owe an apology.

i do agree 1st wizzard trouble is its okay being all in it together manager board blah blah but when one goes eg worthy what odds bale out time for delia and co get ready for loads of grief on these posts

yes the board has done well for us but so did arthur south, robert chase at there time but look how people think of chase now not that i am sticking up for him trouble is to many fans are watching with there eyes closed thinking we will come good we won''t

[quote]Wizard sometimes your bitterness in that last post is pathetic, childish and unpleasant. You should be ashamed. And your comments not tolerated. Delia has done more for NCFC than you have ever done....[/quote]

For a ''man of the cloth'' Vicar, I find your name calling quite hypocritical and juvenile!.

You know very well my ''sacred cow'' term was nothing more than that, a term, to suggest otherwise was unchristian, PC gone mad and disgraceful.

On this Delia Smith matter, I honestly feel I''m right, so no, I will not apologise to you or this board.

And as for the poster who gave this thread a low rateing but hasn''t the guts to say who they are, you mistake me for someone who cares about such things!.

[quote]For a ''man of the cloth'' Vicar, I find your name calling quite hypocritical and juvenile!. You know very well my ''sacred cow'' term was nothing more than that, a term, to suggest otherwise was unchris...[/quote]

Oh another deliberately controversial post from 1st Lizard lacking in any coherant points, knocking someone whos done more for the club than 99.9% of people.
Now theres a suprise.

Next week, Lizard questions Mother Theresa''s workrate...stay tuned.

This is all a bit "Monty Python" for me, what did the Romans ever do for us?? I think we can all understand Wiz''s frustration about the whole situation but a personal attack on Delia Smith is a new Wiz low for me I''m afraid.

I agree with 1st Wizzard , sorry but Saint Delia must know how bad we have become , yet she supports the man taking us down to league 1 . How many fans will see her as a saviour if we are playng a league lower next season ? not many would be my guess . Can anybody name 1 other club that would tolerate such an incompetent manager for so long . The warning signs have been there for a long while now , Delia and the rest of the board are pretending nothing much is wrong , in my book thats nothing short of criminal.

Wizard- a few points:

Are you really suggesting I have rubbished Delia and am thus hypocritical in knocking you for it? If so provide evidence or retract the statement. At least learn the meaning of insults before hurling them.

I suggested your post was out of order, cruel and unwarranted. I stand by that. I belive you were wrong to publish it.

You claim my post was ''immature''. In what way? And can you really state yours wasn''t?

You claim that my objection to your refering to Delia as a ''cow'' is OTT political correctness. How so? I know my wife would be offended at being called a cow. I am sure most other women, Delia included would be too.

You suggest that because I am a priest I am unable to hold a critical opinion. Why? My orders exist due to my commitment to my faith. They do not bar me from being human. Nor do they bar me from criticising people who are out of order. (Or facing criticism when I am come to that) 

I don''t want a drawn out argument. Let us move on. But perhaps you should engage brain before fingers when writing such strong stuff.

You offended me because I think Delia is a decent woman.  I apologise if that hurts you, but don''t dish it out if you cant take it.

[quote]For a ''man of the cloth'' Vicar, I find your name calling quite hypocritical and juvenile!. You know very well my ''sacred cow'' term was nothing more than that, a term, to suggest otherwise was unchris...[/quote]

you are a joke wiz how can you  say its  delia smiths  fault.  take a look back at the chase days and look at the club now ie stadium crowds players.   

have you been down to colney and had a word with mr worthington and to see the players and tell them how you feel?

I (with some regret) now feel that Worthy''s position is untenable, because he would appear to have lost the repect of the players and any ability to motivate them. He has made mistakes, no question, but I believe both he and delia have never behaved with anything but decency and with the best of intentions.

surely delia must realise there''s nothing left the last 5games have been truely awful how can anybody say we will turn it round i''m still sitting here waiting for the headline worthy quits but looks like i''ll be waiting a while

[quote]Oh another deliberately controversial post from 1st Lizard lacking in any coherant points, knocking someone whos done more for the club than 99.9% of people. Now theres a suprise. Next week, Lizard q...[/quote]

Herdy: My points were valid, so you stay with your new namesakes if you like, we''re in trouble and you know it!.

Premier 1: Thank God you at least have the courage not to run with the Herd.

PS. Herdy, Mother T has passed on mate!.

[quote]Wizard- a few points: Are you really suggesting I have rubbished Delia and am thus hypocritical in knocking you for it? If so provide evidence or retract the statement. At least learn the meaning of...[/quote]

Vicar:

''Sacred Cow'' as you well know, is a term used by many to describe something or someone who is above being criticised. I don''t think she is.

At no point did I call her just a cow!.

I believe you to be a hypocrite because of your self proclaimed religious standing, and yet you are quite happy to resort to petty name calling, hardly a christian thing to do, is it now?.

At no point did I suggest that you rubbished Delia, me yes, but Delia no!.

Calling me names in your first post is I''m afraid immature.

I will defend with my life your right to an opinion, but I will stand up and denounce you when you resort to name calling (check you first reply) If you cannot understand or grasp this concept, then I suggest your flock are the losers!.

Whilst Delia (and the rest of the board don''t forget) has made mistakes, and will probably make others, she does not deserve the poorly hidden abuse from you Mr Wizard. She is a very decent, honest and hard-working Christian who is also a passionate Norwich City supporter who has put significant amounts of her money, time, expertise and energy into this club. Perhaps you would rather have a Lithuanian business man who could afford to buy lots of expensive players?

Wiz!! what happened to that postcript, where you have so often described Huckerby as being ****** awsome. I don''t agree with the Delia bit either!!! not that you care!

[quote]Come on Wiz. There is a line and you have just p***ed all over it! Delia loves this club. It is her heart and soul. You can''t blame her for anything. We wouldn''t be here if it wasn''t for her[/quote]

Breaker: Yes I would prefer some filthy rich foreigner at the helm, why wouldn''t I?.

DD: If anyone has pi**ed over the line my friend as you put it, then its Worthy and the players last Saturday at Wolves, the only way Norwich City FC will get better is if some very nasty medicine is taken!.

And correct me if I''m wrong here ( I''m sure you will!) but didn''t Delia once try to get on the board at Ipswich too!.

Wiz do please read the threads properly. And then point out where I called you names.

I attacked your present attitude (as negative)

You lack of factual substance (as full of wind)

and the overall theme and content of your post.

But at NO point did I call YOU any names.

Sorry if you feel hurt- but having reread all the posts -I am confused regarding your accusations

P.S.

A Christian is someone who follows Christ

NOT

Someone wimp who has to be nice all the time regardless of people''s behaviour. 

So your idea that I am a hypocrite for being Christian whilst having a pop at you is stupid. By that rationale no Christian could criticise Mugabe or Huntly for the crimes they haver committed.

The bottom line is that no matter how good Delia & Worthy have been for the club, they''re no good now. If everyone were to use that bizare logic of defending them because they were good even though they''re not now then Man U would still have George Best in their starting 11.

Worthy was very naive last season and got a squad that, with hindsight could''ve stayed up, relegated. If nothing serious is done I can''t see how this club is going to progress. It seems as though many on here would be content to settle for mid/lower table Championship status whereas I feel that the more passionate amongst us want to see us doing what Wigan (or even West Ham) are doing now and still remember well the B Munich games and the handy cup runs and high league position finishes (3rd, 4th & 5th from ''85 to ''92) we had in the years earlier.

Delia does deserve respect and appreciation for what she has done for the club but my feeling is that without major investment it may well be she has taken us as far as she can. She has also provided us with some cringeworthy moments like the statement after the Fulham game saying how we were only little Norwich and how could we hope to compete at that level. It''s little wonder that we are regarded as a small club from the sticks with statements like that. We are well capable of establishing ourselves in the prem if a bit more ambition is shown but have our board got the balls to fulfil the undoubted potential we have, at this moment in time I''d have to say no.

[quote]Now I realise its a ''capital'' crime to criticise that ''sacred cow'' that is Delia Smith. Yes, she saved this club from a financial point of view, but if not her, someone else would have come along!. S...[/quote]

Yes wiz someone else would have come along like say Giovanni DiStefano, whatever Delias failing may be she represents a ''safe pair of hands'' and at least we still have a football club

In my view although expressed deliberately provocatively and using some unfortunate turn of phrase Wiz has something of a point. Delia and MWJ have been fantastic for this club and anyone who abuses them or calls for them to go is talking crap.

However they are badly out of touch with the fans on this one and are risking their relationship with the support. i think they have become too close to Worthy and are struggling to sack someone who has become their friend. At the end of the day it shows the danger of allowing someone (even someone as good and decent as they are) to have majority control of the club as essentially it is down to them. i have a feeling that if they did not have the majority shareholding a couple of the other directors may have forced their hand by now.

Well, half of my last post has disappeared, presumably censored! I don''t agree with you Wiz, you''re being unfair to Delia, and as someone who was very anti-Chase, you should be thankful to her and the present board. Just because they haven''t sacked Worthy (yet?) doesn''t justify such bitterness.

If Delia lets things continue as they have been and we are relegated then she will be every bit as culpable as Worthington. Neither will have done their jobs properly.

[quote]Wiz do please read the threads properly. And then point out where I called you names. I attacked your present attitude (as negative) You lack of factual substance (as full of wind) and the overa...[/quote]

Stupid, Pathetic, childish and unpleasant.

These are the words you have just used to describe me or my recent posts, if in your eyes you consider these words ok to describe a fellow human being, then again I feel sorry for your congregation.

As a member of the Baptist Church, I always considered our Church slightly right of Genghis Kahn in religious terms, but now I''m not so sure we hold that title no more!.

And to drag Huntly into the debate, simply beggars belief.

Very dissapointed in you Vicar.

I do not believe that Delia has anything to do or take any blame for the current fiasco of football we get, but if she fails to act soon then there will be serious doubts about her judgement.

This is the first really difficult spot we have had since the days of Hamilton and the poor judgement involved then in appointing that non dynamic duo. I fear she has got too close to Nigel and is not seeing the true picture.

Anyone who blames injuries for the rubbish football we''ve had since since August 2004 (apart from April this year) and truly believes it is denying the evidnce of their own eyes and suffering from delusions.

Come on Delia, you knew it would happen sometime- managers don''t last forever so admit its over and we might be able to look at the fixture list with excitement not dread.

im sorry but this topic is well out of order . delia is a bigger fan than most of us and has put money into a club knowing full well she will never see it again , but even forgetting the money she has raised the profile of this club just by being on the board . we are lucky to have her .

Having been a principal player in a number of heated debates myself I must say I''m getting particular enjoyment out of the key players on this thread. Wizard uses a crusty worded, provocative approach and the Vicar, in no uncertain terms and feeling an offence has been committed, chooses to read Wizard his rites ( rights ). Which spelling is correct here depends on whether you think Vicar is speaking from the pulpit or the local police station. Hope it goes on for a while.