Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Pie Crust Words!.

On the home page of this web site, you will find yet another rally call type article, this time from Andy Hughes.

IMO Just more pie crust words for us gullible fans to digest

Basically, its another ''spin'' promise of what the players will do in the next game, but we know different don''t we Drury?.

Why Carrow Road or Colney keep coming up with this tosh is quite beyond me, it never turns out the way they want it to be, by all means read it, but take it with several tons of salt!.

I''m sorry spin doctors, but we''re just not listening to your broken promises no more.

Please stop it!.

If you are as fed up as me on this mind game rubbish from the club, then please add your voice of opposition here, then, maybe, just maybe, it will stop.

To be honest, it is starting to sound like a broken record.  These statements from the players are getting as repetitive as Worthy''s post match interviews.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.. THEY SHOULD ALL KEEP THERE GOBS SHUT.. IF THERE WORK RATE WAS AS GOOD AS THERE GOBS WE WOULD BE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.. ON FRIDAY/SATURDAY.. DRURY+GREEN TOLD US ALL ABOUT THERE MASTER PLAN IN KEEPING THE WOLVES FANS QUIET BY SHUTTING UP SHOP FOR THE FIRST TWNETY MINUTES..SAY NO MORE.. THEN GREEN,ASHTON.. HUGHES.. MARNEY..LIST GOES ON HOW THEY ARE GOING TO TURN THIS SINKING SHIP AROUND.. WELL PERHAPS THEY SHOULD TRY REVERSE PHSCOLOGY.. WE ARE GOING TO LOOSE TO LUTON 3-0 PLAY AS BAD AS WE CAN..

A bit more of your daily controversy eh Wiz, I think Hughes is genuine in his concern for fans and manager alike, but for once i agree it does seem to be part of the Carrow road publicity machine!!!

I agree Wiz, It seems all they are capable of at the moment. I am just looking forward to the headline where Worthy says he quits but I fear it is still some way off. Maybe less media training and more football training would be a better idea.

The worrying thing about the article though is where it mentions that only a handfull of players attended Colney yesterday: Do the players deserve a day off after the recent performances? I personally dont think so, not on the money they earn.

On a separate note: did anyone read Bob Buzzard''s (Think that was his name) letter in the sports section of the EDP regarding the current situation. Totally hit the nail on the head old boy!

Hughes missed the debacle at Wolves because of injury and was one of only a few players who turned up at the Colney Training Centre yesterday, in his case for treatment.

It''s not so much what Hughes said, but what the reporter quite innocently noting in his piece, Hughes was one of the few few who turned up yesterday.  I take it the piece was originally written on Monday, but even so, if this is the way to sort the crisis out, ie giving them another day off, then I think we can all work out what is going to happen next.

First, the whole lot of them should be up at the training centre every day until they have sorted out this mess.  If we all ran our businesses, or treated our jobs like the players, management team etc have done so far this season then we would all be out of work.

I am sorry, I am fast losing my patience with the lot of them.  Paid vast sums of money to work 2 hours a day and a couple of games on average a week. For salaries a week most of us take at least 6 months or more to earn, putting in a few more hours a week too!  A 37 hour week, or more would kill the lot of them!

Excuses, excuses, apologies blah blah blah.....

Who next, the chef, the boot cleaners, the chap who cuts the grass? Yes, they are sorry, and so are we.  It''s about time the people accountable sorted this sorry mess out, and that means the manager and coaches going through EVERYTHING!  Back to basics, fine, then I trust this might mean more than a few mornings a week till you sort it all out

No more excuses about injuries, Wolves managed to win at home, easily with more injuries than us.  No more about bedding in new players.  We are nearly half way through the season!  No more "we''ll give Nigel the benefit of the doubt".  For how long?  Until we go down?  Oh, but we can all HOPE things turn around.

Just how long have these players been trotted out to apologise, since September.  It is now November and we haven''t got better, we haven''t found any form at all. 

Big questions need to be asked and the problems addressed and solutions worked out and worked at.  Big hearts need to tackle the malaise within the coaching set up and if that doesn''t work, the board need to wise up and ship out. 

I cannot believe the spin doctors honestly believe we are still falling for this stuff.  Time to act tough and sort it all out.  Fans I know of many years standing are now considering not attending anymore away matches, these are the people who have been going BEFORE the Worthington era, least they be dubbed glory hunters, or  fans, not supporters.

We, the fans, are all being patronised and dismisssed as troublemakers or rumour mongers. So much for togetherness.  This club needs to take a long hard look at itself and work towards a solution. Other clubs can go out and play attractive football with commitment with less resources and less talented players than us.  Why? 

Time for them all to find out. 

Got your back with this one wiz, couldn''t agree more. As soon as i saw the comments on the wehome page, same old, same old.

Hughes does show passion and commitment, and I trust his comments were genuine, but this isn''t enough and we need to see something on the pitch which will get us out of this dreadful mess. At least can we please finish above Ipswich.

I cant believe Hughes was one of a few at Colney on Monday. That I feel is shocking, and what does that teach the players, absolute no consequences for another shocking peformance. They should have been in on Sunday and Monday. Words fail me.

hilda the tea lady will make a press release tomorrow on the way she sees things and from what i hear she backs the boys as well. its all in the tea  cups  you now.

I think if the headline had read "We are prepared to fight gums and tacks", then at least it might have amused us, and it certainly would have more credibility. Comments please Dicky?

[quote]To be honest, it is starting to sound like a broken record. These statements from the players are getting as repetitive as Worthy''s post match interviews.[/quote]

still nowhere near as repetetive as 1st Wizard''d endless negative posts though.

There''s another one from Fleming on the official website too!

Funny how it''s players who weren''t involved on Saturday.

The sad thing about that inept performance was how many Wolves fans I''ve met this week (living here they are the main team) who were staggered and disappinted with our performance on saturday - they were expecting a really good game and couldn''t believe how inept and passionless we were compared to what they recall from previous visits and what they saw on Match of the day last season.

Says more than the spinners can!

totally agree. Everybody at Carrow road/colney is discredited and subject to unpleaasant scrutiny. If they dont like that state of affairs, they might try putting in a bit of effort to drag the club out of the sewer, and with it, their reputations.

I was at Colney yesterday morning - thought I might see some footballers training!  Not one player in sight when I got there.  Was told that they weren''t training "because some of them will be playing tonight"!!!

Some were in to see the physio: Hughes, Mackenzie, Shackell, Ryan Jarvis.  Huckerby was also there.

Watched the reserves - huff and puff for 44 minutes, then ran out of ideas.  Palace showed some neat passing football - played us off the park in the second half.

I have got to the stage now where I do not bother to read the interviews with the players anymore.  They all say the same thing week in week out, but then they fail to follow up their words on a Saturday or a Tuesday night! 

Still I may sit up an read an interview where a player does not back the manager!