Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

WHO SHALL WE HAVE AS OUR CENTRAL MIDFIELD PAIRING

Well well if you actually read Nigel Worthington''s spinless article. THEN IT IS QUITE CLEAR FOR ALL TO SEE THAT WE MUST VERY QUICKLY SORT OUT THE CENTRAL MIDFIELD. Because clearly over the cause of the season we have not been tenacious enough, ROUGH AND TUMBLE. SO therefore the problem is in the middle. IF we get that area of the field sorted then we can use McVeigh and Huckerby out wide. But who would you have in the middle of the park ? this is something definitely worth debating. Now the way i look at it is that we have had Jarrett in there he''s not performed so he''s no good. We''ve tryed CHARLTON no good, tryed Brennan no good. So alternatively i have come to the conclusion that we stick Davenport in there and then have Shackell partnering Doherty in central defence. The reason i would opt to go with Davenport is because he is the only other player who i think could play the Safri type role there is no-one else. OUT wide i would have Brennan on the left and McVEIGH on the Right.

From my point of view it''s about looking at who potentially has the ability to play that central midfield role temporarily. Someone with heart, someone hard in the tackle, someone comfortable when he get''s his foot on the ball. Look at all the players we''ve tryed none of them can fitt the bill so it''s time to either look at someone like Davenport or Bring a central midfielder in on LOAN and fast. BECAUSE THAT AREA OF THE PITCH WILL SHAPE OUR SEASON IT''S A FACT.

SO NORWICH FANS IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANYBODY APART FROM THE ONE''S TRYED THEN GIVE NAMES.

Well,

Rossi Jarvis is probably the only other central midfielder we have so it''s got to be worth giving him a game.

It''s not like it can get much worse can it! Hopefully Safri will be back for the Luton match and they can have a run out.

Etuhu should have been a signing we made when in the Premiership, as I can''t see him jumping ship and coming to us now... Quality-wise, I would have to say yes to him coming in but its highly unlikely with our current predicament... And I also think Davenport will be straight back to Spurs following his loan spell ending...

Slight problem in that is Shackell being out for months :-)

I don''t think Davenport is a Midfielder anyway. We need to bring in an attacking midfielder / Forward, who can score 10 goals in season. We need a real right winger. We can then play 5 across the middle

Who shall we have as a central midfield pairing?

Hmm...looking at the current options on the Colney training ground...and given Safri''s injury jinx...I reckon a dustbin and a traffic cone might be the way forward...

The Davenport reference wasn''t about the midfield positions, more a reflection of how we''re not in the position any longer of being an attractive proposition for players of other teams, eg: signig Davenport or Etuhu... My point wasn''t made particularly clearly so apologies for the confusion...

We have no central midfield players in the squad of any quality; that is why we are in this mess! End of story! The Wynn Jones do not  seem bothered so why should we?

A complete fiasco!

They do not listen and will not listen until we are relegated and then they will sell the ground for development and walk away.

Enjoy while we can!

------------------green-----------------

--colin----doherty---davenport--drury---

--worthy---delia----safri---------hucks--

--------wynn jones---ashton------------

cant do any worse!!!