Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

Hughes in todays EDP.

Yet again, we see an interview with a player, describing how he is ''behind the manager''. Andy Hughes goes on to talk about ''winning back lost respect'' (that''ll take some doing), ''putting things right quickly''. Trouble is, we have had this type of spin since the first weekend of the season, and its worn a bit thin now. I would much rather the players produced a string of performances on the pitch than try to justify their wages by feeding us BS.

[quote]Yet again, we see an interview with a player, describing how he is ''behind the manager''. Andy Hughes goes on to talk about ''winning back lost respect'' (that''ll take some doing), ''putting things right ...[/quote]

Sorry for duplicating your post CD with a simlar one of my own, when I wrote mine, yours hadn''t been posted on the board.

Still, great minds think alike, yes?.

The most worrying thing to come from that interview was Hughes'' comment that we need to start "grinding out results". The point is that with the current squad we shouldn''t be "grinding" anything - the team we have are good enough to win matches playing football

I would appear that Hoooze has taken a leaf out of Flem''s "Big Book of Captaincy".  We are now getting (as Flem did last season) a weekly rallying cry in the papers from Andy saying the same things he said the week before but worded slightly differently.

I think Hughes see''s himself as some sort of Roy Keanefigure, everyone knows he can talk a good game but can someone please tell him and the rest of the bottlers in the current team that actions speak louderthan words! OTBC