Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Season ticket on ebay

I was thinking of putting my season ticket on ebay. But then wondered if I''d even get £50.What a depressing, awful season. Maybe we should put some of the players on ebay in January. How much do you think we''d get ?

we need a clear out in january, unfourtuantly i dont think ebay will allow such low bids......

[quote]I was thinking of putting my season ticket on ebay. But then wondered if I''d even get £50.What a depressing, awful season. Maybe we should put some of the players on ebay in January. How much do you t...[/quote]

Another loyal supporter

[quote]I was thinking of putting my season ticket on ebay. But then wondered if I''d even get £50.What a depressing, awful season. Maybe we should put some of the players on ebay in January. How much do you t...[/quote]

erm I should point out that season tickets are non transferable and reselling them may lead to them being made invalid, not to mention the fact its hardly fair on the 2000 on the waiting list, would make more of a point if you tried to sell it back to the club

[quote]Another pointless one liner.[/quote]

So, we only stick with our club when we are doing well?  Sorry, my mistake.

[quote]Another loyal supporter[/quote]

Woah! Who could possibly have seen that one coming from Dicky?? Totally out of leftfield there mate.

[quote]Another loyal supporter[/quote]

Thats it Dicky, carry on blaming the fans for being upset.

First Worthy says "I don`t care what the fans think"

Then he is "upset" because of people posting stuff on internet message boards that most people will never read. 

(I thought he said he didn`t care!)

All just spin to try a deflect the heat from the real problems with management. 

The poll did not lie, most Norwich fans want Worthy out.

USACanary - What on earth has that got to do with being a loyal supporter?

Any Loyal supporter would not consider selling their season ticket because the team is not performing as well as hoped. This should have nothing to do with who the manager is...it''s all about NORWICH CITY F.C.

Haha - I didn''t realise that this would create so much upset. It was a joke. bit of irony - you know. Can''t say I''m looking forward to the Luton match after travelling down to the away match, but I''ll be there. NOT booing.Will be at Coventry too.I know its tense times, hence a bit of light hearted humour.City til I die. Selling my season ticket - not an option.

[quote]USACanary - What on earth has that got to do with being a loyal supporter? Any Loyal supporter would not consider selling their season ticket because the team is not performing as well as hoped. This...[/quote]

Nice reply on my behalf, Slim.  What is it with people on these boards whereby it is seen as perfectly fine to desert the team, but a cardinal sin to be positive and loyal to our club?

[quote]Nice reply on my behalf, Slim. What is it with people on these boards whereby it is seen as perfectly fine to desert the team, but a cardinal sin to be positive and loyal to our club?[/quote]

Well everything is great then in Dickys world.

Anytime a player plays badly, no matter for how long, we should never drop him because that would not be loyal or positive.

The players played great against Wolves. No problems at all. (uh huh!)

Dicky your notion that because someone disagrees with how the club is being run that they are disloyal is almost laughable.

People who don`t care, don`t say anything. 

[quote]we need a clear out in january, unfourtuantly i dont think ebay will allow such low bids......[/quote]

AJ ,  its the vender who decides  the price of  the items  he/she sells on Ebay ! 

[quote]Nice reply on my behalf, Slim. What is it with people on these boards whereby it is seen as perfectly fine to desert the team, but a cardinal sin to be positive and loyal to our club?[/quote]

Dicky

Perhaps you could enlighten me and roughly another 30 people I know who have decided not to attend any more away games as the effort they put in (money for ticket, travel, time off work, other travel costs etc) is not worth the effort the team (and therefore the club) puts in on their behalf.

If you are perfectly happy with what is going on at the moment, then fine, many of us are not and it''s not due to our disloyalty that we are expressing our feelings, it is BECAUSE we love our club so much we are distressed, in pain, sad, (whatever so called negative emotion you can plant on us) that we make comments like we do.

I am sick and tired of being called disloyal because I care enough about my club to want the current crisis sorted out.  I am not a glory hunter, I have supported my club through worse than this and hate to see all our good work just going out of the window in a couple of seasons.  It''s not just the performances on the pitch, but the incessant spin and PR that comes out patronising the supporters which also gets up my nose.

I, like everyone else, just want to go to games and see a good match, maybe I am in a dreamworld wanting to see good attractive attacking football as we used to see it, but I don''t want to see performances such as QPR, Luton, Wolves, I struggle to think of one good game this year now. Disloyal, no, fed up, yes. 

We are not deserting the team, or club, we are voicing our concerns. If we didn''t give a damn we would walk away and take up some other pastime.  But there comes a time when just shelling out good money on rubbish becomes a joke and has to stop.  We also have a right as supporters, shareholders etc to give the club some feedback on how we think it is handling the crisis. 

Can you really find anything positive to say about the current situation, the games we have played this season, the way the board and management team have handled it all?  I await your response with interest.

Gazza, my thoughts exactly.  It will be interesting to see how many people do actually stop travelling in the coming weeks.  More and more people are ready to stop spending their money on away games or so they say.  I will be at Coventry, Leeds and Hull because they are new grounds for me, but as for the rest, I am not sure.

I also thought there is another good point in this thread....

How many goods games of football have there been this season?

Coventry will be my last away game this season and that''s only because it''s a new ground. Spent nearly £70 on the day at QPR - unacceptable. I''ll start turning up for away games again when the team does, sadly there''s not been much sign of that for a while now.

Positive and loyal, is two way thing Dick, when will you grasp that?.

Ashton and Green may now be sold in January, the next thing you''ll be telling us real fans is that it is a positive and loyal thing to do for us.

You''re a fool if you believe that, and utter fool.

Did you by any chance have a distant relative in ancient Rome who ''fiddled'' as it burned?.

Can''t say I blame you Pete. Going to away games is a hell of a committment and as you say theres been precious little to make the journey home bearable lately.

In response to Gazza''s comments, I agree 100%.

On the subject of any "good" games we''ve had this season; the only ones have been against Hull and Brighton and those were against poor opposition. We fail to turn up against the better sides.

Not very convincing at all; we''ve only had 2 decent games and they were against poor quality oppositon.

Here here Pete !!! Totally agree. The whole reason for my tongue in cheek post about putting my season ticket on ebay was just to say how disgusted I am with the teams performance this year.

I am a season ticket holder and go to each game. I too went to Luton and QPR away games at great expense. I took time off work to go to Luton. I WAS going to Wolves, but in the end decided not to, due to expense and potential dissapointment. By the sounds of it, I made the right decision.

I also had pencilled in Coventry, Derby and Crewe. I too will probably go to Coventry as it is a new ground.

The analogy of not being able to get £50 on ebay for my season ticket was a joke.

Please see it at that, a joke. As far of criticism of other posters by other posters re: their commitment, passion, fair weather supporting etc etc. It''s all relative.

Relative to what matches you actually attend. Home, away or both.
Relative to your earnings.
Relative to your personal commitments to family, and friends.
Relative to how much time and/or money you can be bothered to waste on a team that is not performing.

So to all you stallwart fans who attend every game, come rain or shine. Bravo - you are indeed lucky people who have enough money and time in life to support your club through thick and thin and don''t get upset one tiny little bit.

Or do you literally have nothing else in life ? Its all relative, and this is a discussion forum. Let people have their say and their emotions.

See you at Luton - hopefully Coventry.

[quote]Here here Pete !!! Totally agree. The whole reason for my tongue in cheek post about putting my season ticket on ebay was just to say how disgusted I am with the teams performance this year. I am a s...[/quote]

"So to all you stallwart fans who attend every game, come rain or shine. Bravo - you are indeed lucky people who have enough money and time in life to support your club through thick and thin and don''t get upset one tiny little bit"

I attend most games and I don''t earn - I''m a sixth former! I''ll happily attend away and home games - I''ll go to support the team but that doesn''t mean I support the management.

Supporting Norwich means a lot to me - even if I have to put up with the current rubbish, I would never stop supporting them.

Quote From Dicky: When I was 18, did a proper MENSA test and got 176 - higher than Carol Vorderman. Mind you, years of alcohol, fags and other stuff have probably knocked the 1 off the front by now.

Dicky, for a change, I find I have to agree with you...As in your stated quote from another section of this message board, I think your admitted self-abuse has dropped your IQ down to the double digit number you refer to. It would be nice, but not essential, if you could recover some of the glory you apparently experienced years ago. A football club is an institution. People who are part of that institution are always loyal to the club. Sometimes, the individuals who represent and lead the club lose their way, for a variety of reasons. When that happens it is not only the right but the responsibility of those that love such an institution to point this out in an attempt to secure change to get things back on track. If we were a very poor club with a tiny fan base languishing in the fourth level then mediocre performance, although not necessarily welcomed, would be more understood. We are among the elite in this division and, as I have stated previously, capable of being one of the top 16 clubs in the country. Loyalty is not a single dimensional thing with all brain cells suppressed. We need to apply "tough love" when it is called for.