Sign in to follow this  
Largey

donkey doherty???

i know many may disagree, but i feel gary doherty has been the best player for norwich this season by a mile.

after he shed a few pounds over the summer, he is beginning to look his age(!), and play to the best of his abilities.

i am also suprised to see davenport hasn''t scored a goal yet, although he is well over 6ft tall! when shackell replaces him after christmas, we wont have a problem.

I don''t disgaree at all Matt. Since pairing up with Davenport, The Doc has looked worth his transfer fee. What he needs in his game is consistency, because he''s prone to ''switching off'' from time to time and that''s not something you can afford to do, even in this very poor Division. However, on the whole, he''s been one of our best players over the past two months by a long way.

He has been one of probably 3 players that have been good for city:

Safri,
Doc,
Ashton

The Doc has looked so much better now he is playing in his preferred position. Now all they both need is decent cover from midfield and then they might stop hoofing the ball up the pitch. I''m sure the only reason they do this is cos they know the midfield will give it away too easily, although it comes back almost as fast when they hoof it.

[quote]i know many may disagree, but i feel gary doherty has been the best player for norwich this season by a mile. after he shed a few pounds over the summer, he is beginning to look his age(!), and play ...[/quote]

but you know the problem is Nigel did not like Shacks for some reasons, and hard to believe Shacks was the scrapgoat for our poor start of the season! Cannot believe it!!

why does everyone say ashton has had a good season so far? he has been average along with too many others admittedly hes been better than most but he has had a poor season by his standards, last tuesday was the proof. he had five chances alone in the first half and the keeper didnt have to save one of them! that says it all to me. i know he has to come deep to get the ball but he should stay in the box and work on putting the ball in the net from 6 yards out instead of blazing over! he certainly doesnt look like hes worth a million on current form never mind 7 mill! we wont be selling him in jan as no one will want him!

[quote]why does everyone say ashton has had a good season so far? he has been average along with too many others admittedly hes been better than most but he has had a poor season by his standards, last tuesd...[/quote]

There will be plenty of teams who will want him.

[quote]why does everyone say ashton has had a good season so far? he has been average along with too many others admittedly hes been better than most but he has had a poor season by his standards, last tuesd...[/quote]

Ever wondered if they might be right and you might be wrong?Worth considering...

i personally think ashton has had a so-so start to the season.

he has scored, but has missed some simple goals aswell.

what we need is someone who can score when ashton has a lack of confidence, like he does now, but we have no-one else who scores on a regular basis.

mckenzies workrate is exceptional, but he doesnt score as many as he should.

we need someone who can pop up from midfield, ala lampard, and score when we r short on goals. this is what francis did for us, but with him gone, all of our hopes rest on ashton to score, which he is not doing much of at the moment.

we need someone who can score as many as ashton.

i see our second highest goalscorer this season is hucks, with 3.

i am surprised he has scored 3 because he cant shoot for toffee. doherty is better up front.

hey, thats an idea!!!

Matt, i also agree with your views on the doc,and wish to go one further and say that with the loan of davenport it has made doherty a better player,something  i would like to see maintained by davenport being signed by us following the loan spell.also good to see doherty being made captain v wolves.

gazza doherty should be the captain, and should be the first name on the team sheet in my view.

i agree to earlier comments that gazza has improved when playing alongside davenport, they really r the best central defence we''ve had for ages.

the sad thing, and possibly suprising thing this season, is that our defence has been better than any other part of the team this season. i think you''ll agree with me when i say our midfield has looked non-existant, it has changed more times than the chelsea formation. our attack is low on confidence, and our goalie hasn''t had any luck either.

hoping our team can follow the examples of the back 4, especially the centrals, we should have a good 2/3rd''s of the season ahead of us....hopefully!!!