Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Is'nt it funny

That when people say we can''t sack Worthy because he has done so much for the club in the past that others jump on their backs and say forget the past that has gone it is the future we need to worry about and yet when people talk about dropping Huckerby for his complete lack of form others are saying how can we drop him when he single handedly got us promoted blah blah blah.  Seems to me it is one rule for one and one for others for some supporters.

In my opinion (and I know it does not rank that highly) I think Huckerby has been one of our complete failures this season.  Scared to take anybody on and continuously falling over his own feet or the ball and completely agree with Steves post on this subject reference dropping him.  A good point was made about Hux playing well for a club initially and then falling well short of his capabilities once his feet are under the table hence a lot of clubs.  Would also help if Ashton could start hitting the barn door again. 

With people clamouring for Worthy''s head I think that it is the players who should take a long hard look at themselves.  They may not want to play for Worthy (of which I don''t know) but they should sure as hell want to play for the fans who lets face it they are always crowing about saying how wonderful we are. 

I think Hucks has been poor since we won the Championship to be honest - how he got voted best player of the season last year God only knows . It is correct about him playing well initially for previous clubs , and then after he''s rewarded with and autographed a nice , long , lucrative new contract his form begins to tail off and a year or so later he moves to another club and the cycle starts over again . If you''re reading this Darren - i''d love you to prove me wrong....but i won''t hold my breath ....

But he is far from being the only villain of the piece is he....there''s at least 6 or 7 others who also could do with watching the youth players filling their places in the 1st team .

I''ve been on about this for a while: the team looks better without Hux - unless of course he starts to play as he can do. There have been the odd flashes this season, but nowhere near enough. And unfortunately his presence in the side lets other players off the hook - they have the tendency to give it to him, as the supposed "star performer", as an easy way out. Exactly the same thing happened with Iwan in the latter days.

Too true guys. The only time He''s looked hungry was after his suspension, then only being a sub against the scum. With a point to prove he''s still very dangerous. Go on Hucks, prove that point again!

No problems for me; sack Worthington and drop Huckerby until he decides that he actually wants to earn the money that he''s being paid to wear the shirt with pride.

But, most of all, sack Worthington.

Again, Huckerby is only being singled out because of how awesome he was in our Championship winning season. Has Huckerby been as bad as Hughes this season? No. Green? Probably not. Ashton? Definately not. Brennan? Laughable! How about Colin? and Drury hasn''t been much cop either.

You suggest dropping Huckerby but there are at least five or six other players currently in possesion of City shirts who need dropping before him.

Its funny alright !   rounding on  the one player  who`s  made his loyalty to the club  public .....  actually   ..  maybe its not funny

May seem an odd suggestion but how about sending him out on loan? See if he''s still hungry for it. If he goes somewhere and works miracles as he did here to start with then we can start asking the question is he really dedicated to Norwich City? It has been a shame seeing him just not really look interested at times this season.

[quote]Too true guys. The only time He''s looked hungry was after his suspension, then only being a sub against the scum. With a point to prove he''s still very dangerous. Go on Hucks, prove that point again![/quote]

You''re probably all correct that Hucks has only looked really dangerous to the opposition in a handful of games this season.

But then again name me another player who has looked dangerous in any game this season because I cant think of one.

Take Hucks out of this side and IMO you''ve got the least creative and least threatening Norwich City side in living memory.

[quote]I think Hucks has been poor since we won the Championship to be honest - how he got voted best player of the season last year God only knows . It is correct about him playing well initially for previo...[/quote]

Its parrot fashion Peacher , parrot fashion !    thats the sort of garbage  that spills out of  the gobs of idiot , so called , managers  , like strachan and keegan !!   

Strachan , sacked  from Coventry  not long after  he " led " them down to div one  from the prem , he fell over his a**e to sell Hucks  during their time in the prem , this is the thanks he got for  being their top scorer !

Keegan ,  do I really need to go into HIS  record ?  he couldn`t manage a kids tea party in Harrods toy department , he , also , fell over his a**e to sell Hucks  , this is the thanks he got  for getting Mancity back into the prem !! 

If you want  Hucks to rethink his position at this club , you`re going the right way about it !    you might be surprised at how many clubs [ prem and championship ] would  be interested in signing him up ...  and how many clubs  wouldn`t be interested  in any of our other players !  and that INCLUDES Deano  and Greeno .

A more balanced team without Hucks ?    like ...  the duds on the left will  weigh the same as the duds on the right  ?  ho ho ho

He is at his best running at players (not always possible if you have 2 defenders on you) or putting in telling passes to Ashton and/or McKenzie (ie. reading where they are going to be). Quite often this season, he has looked up & there''s no-one in the box (and I''m not blaming Ashton for that) but it shows how much Mckenzie is missed -despite all the adverse comments he gets!

Oh for a stable team.  

[quote]May seem an odd suggestion but how about sending him out on loan? See if he''s still hungry for it. If he goes somewhere and works miracles as he did here to start with then we can start asking the que...[/quote]

There`s plenty of clubs who would love to have a player of Hucks calibre  on loan ,  including prem clubs !  and with a half decent set of players around him  , actually supporting him instead of standing off while he fights his way through two or three defenders , he`ll probably  not come back !!   I think he`s very close to being  totally p***ed off with  the guys  he has to work with , there were plenty of signs of this during last season , particularly with Francis ,  I don`t` think there`s much doubt now , that  this IS a team  that has lost the plot , and to single out a player like Hucks   is  juuust a little  stupid !  the downturn in his form is a reflection  of the lacklustre  form of his team mates .  or is he supposed to  work his balls  off while the others stand around  uselessly ?