Sign in to follow this  
Old Boy

Two-week break

Someone reassure me that the players won''t be getting a holiday during the international break, that they''ll be training hard, practicising positional play and set-pieces, after a Sunday "boot-camp" as a punishment for the Wolves fiasco. It''s just that, reading NW''s comments, it seemed that he didn''t expect to see them again for a while after Saturday''s game. That can''t be right surely? Any spies at Colney?

It won''t make any difference how much Worthington shouts and bawls at them. He''s lost their respect by the looks of it and they''ll just go through the motions in training, in the same way that they''ve been doing on match day.

[quote]Someone reassure me that the players won''t be getting a holiday during the international break, that they''ll be training hard, practicising positional play and set-pieces, after a Sunday "boot-camp" a...[/quote]

I hope he never sees them again, unless its Jim Brennan queuing up for his giro...

I do have "spies" at colney and they tell me that not only did the "players" get Sunday off, but they were not in today either :.  Never mind Worthy keeps saying he will sort it out on the pitch, hopefully soon if he can get them all together.   I wish i got rewarded like that for all my hard work !!!!!  UNBELIEVABLE  

NOW HE SURELY HAS LOST THE DRESSING ROOM!!!!!!!!

surely it would be better to take the team away and try some team building activities, try and get some team spirit back, and get them to fight for each other.

[quote]surely it would be better to take the team away and try some team building activities, try and get some team spirit back, and get them to fight for each other.[/quote]

Yeh takem them to Bedlams in Norwich because they play like a bunch of 5 year olds

[quote]I do have "spies" at colney and they tell me that not only did the "players" get Sunday off, but they were not in today either : . Never mind Worthy keeps saying he will sort it out on the pitch, hop...[/quote]

Maybe the Colney no-shows has something to do with their inability to find the word "honesty" in the dictionary Nigel suggested they use!

I also heard that only the players who required treatment were in.

Is this what Worthington meant by "working harder" to put things right.

Reward everybody by taking time off when the time could be use productively to try and put things right.

This is becoming a total (bleeping) joke.

How the board can stand by and say nothing is beyond words.

I feel sorry for the loyal fans who travel home and away, spending their hard earned money.

Their loyality should not be a sign that the majority support what is going on. 

I am quite surprised to find more than a couple of us posters annoyed at the apparent disregard for sorting out the problems on the pitch, ie the no training on Monday. Why was this, oh yes, read in someone''s post that some were in the reserve game that night.

That was Thorne, Rossi Jarvis, Charlton and Fleming.  Er, any first team regulars there, any of the eleven at Wolves no-show?  No, just those who sat on the bench!

If this is the way Worthington sorts problems out then it goes a long way to explaining why we are in this mess.  Face it, if any of us had a problem at work we would hardly be given a couple of days off to do god know''s what, would we? Unless they are all suffering from stress and need time out to come to terms with the fact they are all useless?

When you bring the real world into the picture, ie the poor fans who went to Wolves, did any of them take two days off to get over it? Or the whole day off cos they were going out that night?  This is fast becoming a farce and incidents like this making us look totally amateurish and stupid. 

Hey boss, I sort of made a few errors today, sorry, didn''t put in 100%, or even 50%, but I can sort it out, if you give me a couple of days off?

How many of us would still have a job the next day?

I don''t know about this, but I expect that some of those players on Saturday will one day have to get a real job, ie, not go straight into management etc, but have to seek full time (ie more than 10 hours a week) work on real life money.  I wonder how they will fare?

It does go to show why lots of people are now not going to attend away matches.  Why they have decided after many years of support that they are being taken for a ride - if any players are reading this, get it sorted out, either play and give 100%, or tell us why this mess has happened.  Is it Worthy, is it tactics, or is it simply you all can''t be a***d?  Have the coaching team got it so wrong you are all frustrated and can''t play their way?

Whatever it is, it needs sorting out, before we are all in the division below.

I saw on Sky last night that Ian Dowie said he was going to use this break to work on Palace''s defence.

[quote]It won''t make any difference how much Worthington shouts and bawls at them. He''s lost their respect by the looks of it and they''ll just go through the motions in training, in the same way that they''ve...[/quote]

Never mind  " have they lost respect for Nigel " !    how about their  SELF respect ?  

Gazza ,  your  post just about sums it up !  

Any players looking in ?   well stop taking the p*ss  , if you can`t be a***d to  make a fight of it   , don`t expect fans  to keep shelling out !!   eventually you`ll be prancing about in front of  a nearly empty stadium  , and its a short step , then ,  to the local job centre !!   reality check guys  , because  you will THEN know what the work ethic is !!! 

I have mentioned it before, but if you read Iwan''s book you get a good impression of how little the players seem to do, with many days off and even those where they need to train are just half days. It staggered me how much free time they have.

I heard the Sheff Utd squad are going away on team-building exercises ( as if they need any more  ffs ) , says it all really why they are where they are and we are where we are...............

I think the EDP/Pinkun should pick up on this story.

What are we doing at the break to put things right?

Is this what Worthy meant by rolling up the sleeves and working harder?

Anybody at the training ground who can confirm if the players have actually trained this week at all?

This is the most crucial issue and thread of the moment and I think we should all keep this one at the top of the list until Mr Waghorn or one of his colleagues give us the answer or gets a no comment from the club.

Why was no one at Colney and exactly what is happening to put things right???????????  Where is the training/team building imput coming from to get this club back on track???

Does anyone recall when, in the previous slow period, Rick Waghorn said there was little to write about, so he virtually copied an article from another newspaper to fill his space that week? Well, where are the journalists hiding in this quiet period because there is real meat for a story here as to whether our club is burning the midnight oil in order to attempt to come to grips with this season''s woeful effort. If this message board has any credibility then almost everyone has tired of reading the constant diatribe from players and management each week on what corrective action they need to undertake in this coming game. Tell us Nigel, tell us Mr. Waghorn, what activity is taking place in training, if indeed anything is.

Does anyone recall when, in the previous slow period, Rick Waghorn said there was little to write about, so he virtually copied an article from another newspaper to fill his space that week? Well, where are the journalists hiding in this quiet period because there is real meat for a story here as to whether our club is burning the midnight oil in order to attempt to come to grips with this season''s woeful effort. If this message board has any credibility then almost everyone has tired of reading the constant diatribe from players and management each week on what corrective action they need to undertake in this coming game. Tell us Nigel, tell us Mr. Waghorn, what activity is taking place in training, if indeed anything is.