Sign in to follow this  
Lichfield Canary

"You'll never win anything with kids"

It is becoming blindingly obvious that there are individuals in the dressing room who have neither the drive nor bottle to push themselves and turn in strong performances to warrant the shirt.  Worthington has injured players, so bring in the kids.  Give them a chance, we''ll not do any better with the half-hearters anyway!

It may be a kick up the a**e that some of them need....

I couldn''t agree more.

I was expecting this season to be a semi-rebuilding exercise in preparation for a good shot at getting back to the premier league. and staying there. I wasn''t expecting a partial deconstruction.

Frankly, we''ve got very poorly balanced and thin squad and we might as well use the rest of this season for something useful, as it''ll take a minor miracle to get into contention even though we are only a few points behind.

Break the habit of a lifetime Worthy, its time to bring the kids through to see just how good they really are.

Watching the reserves regularly, i get to see the younger players at first hand. Jarvis, Cave-Brown, Eagle, Spillane, Quaye, Lewis et al, are impressive performers, often playing alongside schoolboys, against wizzened old pros (such as Les Ferdinand). They always give 100% effort, and even in defeat, keep going to the end, showing commitment and in some cases no little skill. But i have to say, throwing them into a relegation battle would be a detrimental step, both for the players, and for the club. There is little doubt that Rossi Jarvis for example would perform at a higher level and with more pride than a waste of space like Jarrett or Brennan, but is it fair on the lad? Things are about to turn very ugly at Carrow Road, and 17 year old boys are best protected from the sort of animosity that awaits the team if performances do not immediately improve.

Lichfield Canary has it totally correct. There would be more passion and commitment from the young players than the overpaid pathetic bunch of first team players chosen by Worthless?!

If we are going down which we are then let the youth players get experience now in preparation for next season in what is Div 3