Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Can we call a truce?

As you will see from my previous posting I have my feet "firmly" in the Worthy in camp. ( Although the hold is loosening)

It is likely and fair that We give the man time to turn things around, We have Luton at home then Millwall, Coventry,Derby and Crewe all away. All these games should be winable. I don''t expect 5 wins but we must go unbeaten during this stage. If we fail in these games then Worthy must admit that he is no longer able to achieve what we need.

We could then put in place a.n.other ( still no obvious choice) who will have the Transfer window to put his print on the team - it would be unfair to judge a new man to do a job without his own players. - I accept that this will probably be to late for this season although I think Dowie was appointed at xmas.

Until this time can we get away from the mentallity of slagging off - and I mean slagging off - manager and players in a derogative manner. This is not saying don''t voice opinions as that is why we all visit the site.

But can we make the messages constructive ones?

That''s all I ask.

[quote]As you will see from my previous posting I have my feet "firmly" in the Worthy in camp. ( Although the hold is loosening) It is likely and fair that We give the man time to turn things around, We ha...[/quote]

Here''s a constructive arguement -

It''s a fact that with our players we should have beaten most of the teams we''ve already played this season, but we we didn''t.

Therefore, there is absolutely no evidence to make me think we''ll win any, let alone all, of the games you mention.

I can see absolutely no point in hanging on with the current set up in the vain hope that things might, and it''s big might, change.

Why wait any longer for the inevitable. 

This is not slagging off anyone, it''s just common sense.

I''m sorry Drinkel but Worthington has had plenty of times.  You speak of "winnable games".  Weren''t Stoke away, Millwall at home, QPR away, Sheff Wed at home and many many others "winnable games"?  The man has had enough time to turn things around and from my perspective things are getting worse, not better

Can you please produce some HARD EVIDENCE to show why and how the present management team will turn this round without using the word ''Hope''.  

DD I would go as far as saying the only games this season which I would not class as ''winnable'' were Southampton Away and saturdays game against Wolves.

Could not disagree more with the initial post. All that giving this imbecile more time will achive will to mean we are even more marooned in the lower reaches of the table when he eventually goes. There is no evidence to suggest he can or will trun it round. Whats more I dont want HIM to trun it round. I''m sick of watching his c**p football and tactics and even if he did manage to scrape a few points out of the next few games that is not going to change in the long run. If we do not act now this club will be ruined for the next few seasons and we may as well not have ever got promoted.

I am not asking for agreement you are all entitled to your opinions and at present it is a hard case to fight in favour in the current set up. I just think most side have "poor" runs over a period of time.

I`m with you Drinkell I still believe Worthy is the man for the job just !!!!!

I`ve defended him before on here and although I beginning to to waver a little I think he should be given till Christmas to sort out the problems at the club !!!!!

Starting with dropping Green and Huckerby who in my mind are under performing.Green may be in the England squad but his form over the past year has been really patchy time to give Paul Gallacher a go maybe as for Hucks he running down more and more blind alleys and seems void of any ideas on how to play his way out of his current poor form.

On the subject of Ashton how he is missing Mckenzie he seems to be carrying the wait of all the teams problems at the moment and needs a regular strike partner to carry some of the work load.

Oh !!!!!! for a settled midfield how can you get any type of run going when every week you have your midfield decimated by injuries I know Worthy has made some really strange team selections in the four position across the park but when his midfield was settled ish we had our best run of the season.

So with a little luck maybe a loan signing(can we get any body in before Jan 1 ????) hopefully we can turn this run around and start heading in the right direction.

I have tryed to be as objective as I can with these views and know I`ll no doubt get hammered for my views and get called a binner like I did last time by someone but believe me no one cares more for this club then me,but I still think Nigel Worthington is the right man for the job at this present time !!!!!!

Why is it that when people voice their opinions about players  and the so called manager, it is classed as slagging off? It is simply that us fans have watched our team perform and have seen how badly they have performed week in week out  and we are simply telling the truth about the under performers. How much longer do you give Worthy? he quite clearly has done bugger all in the first 18 matches, what makes you think he is going to perform miracles in the next 18 matches. We are playing worse now than when we started the season. We need new ideas and some better signings. Worthy should not be given another penny to waste.

So how many managers get away with a poor run which lasts 15 months?

A failure to win a single away game in an entire Premiership season?

A 6-0 defeat in a game which would have seen us stay up had we won it, in a season when a record low points total was required?

The purchase of a record signing and England U21 striker whose confidence is shattered within a year?

Shapeless, and "spineless" performances, not just for almost the entire 18 games of this league season but also many if not most of last season?

Tactical ineptitude, limp organisation, low energy levels, poor passing, no marking, positional confusion, and players frequently out of position?

A self assembled squad which he himself declares himself to be happy with, yet 18 games later is publicly condemned?

Just how long does this run have to be before its time to say goodbye?

Okay, four of the five games have gone and not one win in the "winnable" games what next.

•  I think that most fans would like to rememeber Worthy for the good times and the last thing we all need is a power struggle.
  • Nigel it''s not the results that particularly worry me but the performances, Yes injuries have played a large part but that''s football.
  • Please on Monday go to the board thank them for their support, but offer your resignation, This will then let the fans see that you have the interest of this club at heart. We can then rejoice in the pleasure/success you have bought to the club.

Please Nigel this is a plea from somebody who has the utmost respect for the way you have handled everything in success and disappointment. Now please give the Club a chance

Thanks

drinks - your last post summed it up for me. I think worthy should go

but with dignity - he deserves that given what he''s achieved with the

club. Whatever you say about him, city are in a better position than

when he joined (apart from maybe the league & points position), but

despite this the squad is stronger & will not be relegated.

People are frustrated and angry, but to slag worthy off unmercilessly is unfair given his record.

I dont know what the answer is i was a worthy man and thought that he needed more time i feel that changes need to be made we cant get rid of all the team so start at the top worthy has to go sorry nigel but enough is enough something has to be done