Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Birmingham v Norwich match thread

Shame that. Sounded like City were playing with much more pride though. Yet another case of missed chances.

**** it, they''ve got another some sort of wonder goal too, what a shame after Hendo and Rossi J were doing so well

Anyway, a lot of improvement - and hopefully Worthy will see why.  Please carry on giving Hendo a go upfront Worthy, he has great poacher instincts and deserves a few games upfront, and put Hucks back on the left, please.

I expected us to go out tonight regardless of how we were playing.

But sounds like we gave it a good go, Henderson and Jarvis gave a good account of themselves so feeling a bit better about Saturday

According to Sky - result harsh on Norwich.  Not bad against Prem opposition away from home.

Let''s concentrate on the league....

Full time 2-1 to Brum.

Oh well. I can handle us losing a cup game to a Premiership team if we push them all the way. Even if we had a bit of luck. Nice to hear the youngsters doing well.

Getting 3 points against Sheffield Wednesday this Saturday is all that counts now.

Well played guys. Good to see Hendo where he belongs. Well done Flem, well done Davenport.

DD, have you really never seen Worthy standing screaming from the touchline?

Oh, and Ronbol - did you make that bet? I do hope so....

...a very encouraging TEAM performance, (i stress the word ''Team'').

On the individual front, the back four pretty solid for the whole match- Davenport ''solid as a rock''!, Doherty also played well.

and another good point of note: Henderson playing up front, was very sharp and linked up well with Ashton.

Palace beat the European Champions last night and people on here are excited that we only got beaten (by one goal) by a team that is performing as poorly as we are lately! Silly me, I was labouring under the mis-apprehension that I was supposed to be happy when we didn''t lose.

[quote]Palace beat the European Champions last night and people on here are excited that we only got beaten (by one goal) by a team that is performing as poorly as we are lately! Silly me, I was labouring un...[/quote]

LinkNR9, you cant get away from the fact that it was an improvement in performance, so...

LinkNR9 I think you''ll find Liverpool are not on great for either and they were away from home, so considering out awful form, I think the fact that we put in a decent performance against a premiership team is encouraging news? Let''s face it, after the last couple of games this a step in the right direction. Bring on Sheffield Wednesday.

i went last nite and the performance was a vast improvement, every single one of those players gave 100% last night and we were very unlucky and hard done by - but you have to hold your hands up to a goal like that, it was stunning and worthy of winning any cup tie! well done worthy for making right subs at right time, hendo and rossi j both looked superb when they came on, hendo did enough to warrant a plpace next to ashton in starting lineup against sheff w imo!

atmosphere wasnt great last nite, blues fans were deadly silent except when they scored, when they seemed more interested in trying to start a fight with our fans! most of them were 14 year old chavs as well, werent happy when i asked about their ASBOs!!! our fans made much more noise than blues fans but from our standards, we werent very loud at all last nite.

Green had an excellent game - made some good saves and couldnt have done anything about the goals.

Brennan did ok, against the pace of pennant, and heskey was looking for the pen after over-running the ball,  and threw himself over brennans leg. overall, he coped quite well.

Doc + Davenport were solid in the middle,  snuffed out most balls coming through the centre and covered each other well.

Fleming - ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING. improved as game went on, but he was out of position all night and left us exposed, which provided the space to create their second goal. cant tackle, overhit every ball, rarely where he should have been. just awful.

Charlton looked poor as a midfielder but did a job protecting brennan on the left, did add much going forward but got himself back to help brennan out, not too bad overall.

Hughes - went forward a lot last nite, i thought he played ok....ran and ran and ran again though.

Jarrett was absolutely awful with his distribution but got stuck in and did a job breaking up the play. prob his best performance for us to date.

Marney played well, offered alot going forward, didnt offer as much as he maybe should have at the back with fleming out of position all the time but overall he played quite well.

Ashton - superb. won everything up front, played the right balls, and looked 10 times the striker Forsell or Pandiani looked. forced the own goal by cutting inside wonderfully. really top class performance.

Hucks - played well overall, didnt look like he had any confidence, but was running at players all night, but it just wasnt his night.

Hendo was a real livewire, caused alot of problems.

Rossi J looked excellent, lively, full of energy and running, but looked comfortable on the ball and on another day wouldve seen his shot scream in.

Overall - good performance - conceded two freak goals, but these things happen, we looked like we cared last night and we outclassed birmingham for much of the game and they lucked out and jarosik got them out of jail in the end. we played with passion last night, and play like that on sat and we''ll stuff Sheff W.

OTBC