Sign in to follow this  
grinner

well done city errr we lost

i thought we lost again last night against birmingham.every body is saying how well we played.errr we lost again yes lost. its coming to something when you all get your knickers in a twist with excitement at a loss.we still cant win.see how we all feel after saturday.                                                                                             

maybe people are simply encouraged by an upturn in performance level after the farces against Millwall, Luton and QPR, as opposed to being pleased at a 2-1 loss - use your brain

We are past the stage of plucky defeats with a good performance and a dose of bad luck. For the next three games it''s all about results and getting points on the board.

[quote]We are past the stage of plucky defeats with a good performance and a dose of bad luck. For the next three games it''s all about results and getting points on the board.[/quote]

Agreed - but yesterday wasn''t about that. For me, yesterday was about the performance. It was there.

The real test comes now - we need to be winning. Losing yesterday was excusable, provided we didn''t crash and burn. Losing Saturday will be unforgiveable.

worthy said good all round display cant ask for more than that same as adams quotes on radio last night.

Coming away from the game there was a good feeling amongst the fans. We were beaten by an unstoppable piledriver, I was directly in line with it and no keeper would have stopped it. The first goal was a deflection, again no chance.  We should have had a penalty in the first half for handball and in my opinion we scored from a header early in the second half, but the ref decided it wasn''t over the line. The 2 photographers in front of me looked at their pictures and I overheard them saying it WAS a goal.

For the record: I thought we played well for most of the Luton match. We didn''t deserve to win because of dreadful defending, but we still played well for most of it.

Dispair hit during QPR. QPR were AWFUL and we were worse. The performance was just dire (I can''t believe I took my girl along to that game as her first real Norwich game... I wonder if I''ll ever bloody convert her now!)

I''m glad to hear we played better, dispite the loss - I think we all are!

[quote]We seem to of played a bit better last night our big test now is our next two homes which we must really win !!!![/quote]

If you are his wife, can you buy him some hair clippers for Xmas and tell him how to use them?

Oh, and while you are at it, tell him that he is showing promise and we hope it continues.

1st Wiz, what Ludricrous Eupohoria? We played well IMO and if you read my post, we were unlucky over a penalty claim & disputed goal.  There are problems still, we miss Safri & Jukebox no question, but Hendo has a new fan after last night!!

We showed acceptable levels of skill and commitment and determination. We should be like that every game, or near enough, but it''s good to know we can produce it. And there were some positives - Henderson (I''ve always thought he''s got it) combining with Ashton, Rossi Jarvis getting his first game, and (dare I say) Flem at right back. Yes we lost, but if you can''t stand to lose a game, go and support Chelsea.

Me, I don''t care if we lost - face it his was the Carling Cup - good match practice maybe, but at the end of the day it''s a pretty pointless competition when compared to the battle for a premiership slot...It''s good that we appeared to play better - we just need to translate this into a 100% improvement on Saturday...let''s wait until then before we start getting all excited.  

Yes, I''m inclined to agree with you. Much as I like Neil Adams, I turned off the ''phone in'' last evening as I was sick of the "Just get behind Nigel, Delia and the boys and all will be well" tone of the calls. Of course, I was pleased we had turned in a better performance but there are still things to worry about, it cannot all be down to lack of commitment. What about an inability to pass well and obvious deficiencies in midfield. Is our Manager beyond criticism? If we drop any further down the Championship, will it still be the crowd needing to get behind the team. Of course, we all do that but we expect skill and flair in return, and this season there hasn''t been too much of that so far.

[quote]1st Wiz, what Ludricrous Eupohoria? We played well IMO and if you read my post, we were unlucky over a penalty claim & disputed goal. There are problems still, we miss Safri & Jukebox no ques...[/quote]

To be fair Weston, Birmingham are a struggling, bottom zone Premier team, with Steve Bruce living in fear of the sack on a daily basis, hardly world beaters are they?.

A bit like Hull, Plymouth and Ipswich really!.

''Yes we lost, but if you can''t stand to lose a game, go and support Chelsea.'' I''ve got no problem with us not winning games; with the team only having won 11 out of the last 54, I''m more than used to it. What I can''t stand is to watch a good group of players (with some blindingly obvious exceptions, signed mainly in the summer) being subject to poor tactics, poor selction, poor coaching and a lack of motivation.

OK we lost and it''s a results game but those of you being negative are a waste of space, if you can''t be grateful for a big improvement in form then you''ll never be grateful. Stop waiting for miracles and enjoy more realistic up-turns in form. If you came away from the B''ham game feeling the same as the QPR game then there is something wrong! you can''t please some people. Rome wasn''t built in a day!

Long term it is the quality of football that will get us points over the course of a season and our from on Wednesday suggests that it is possible, merely scraping a lucky win would be glossing over the cracks. Be grateful for small mercies.