Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Leon MCKenzie Article

I just read the Rick Waghorn article on Leon McKenzie. While I realize Leon was cup-tied for the Everton game, I am not sure of the reason for him not going with the team...possibly and hopefully, it was a club decision as opposed to the implication in the article that it was Leon''s decision. However, I hope Nigel has a quiet word with Leon and points out that, as a Norwich City player, he needs to be cautious as to what he says to the media. The article quotes him as saying that he did not want to go the Everton game because, while he supports the team, he just gets frustrated not being out there on the pitch. I understand that this may be relatively harmless but a couple of points for Leon.
1) Every player wants to be out on the pitch, particularly at this exciting time and his comments will miss the mark with other players going through sideline activity at the moment.
2) Given Leon''s short tenure with the Canaries he can learn a whole lot just by observing what''s occurring on the pitch, even if he''s not selected to start a game.
3) It''s often the small things/comments that can interfere with the objective of the team as a whole, i.e. Premiership football.

Yankee Canaree , I have followed all the post recently and I am sorry to say but who do you think you are?.....One thing I am sure is that you are a waste of time....

I agree with Pincer! I shouldn''t worry about it...I quite understand why he might not want to go...

Just a point of clarification...no "mountain" intended. I stated in my message that "it may be relatively harmless" and at the end I stated "it''s sometimes the small things". So with respect to the responses ( with the exception of S1, who has amply demonstrated his limited intellect all by himself ) I simply make the point that, whether it be Leon or any other player for that matter, they are well advised not to indicate to the media that they have any decision making input as to whether they attend a game or not. If Leon was house hunting then he could have said that, or simply said that he needed to do that and the manager had decided that was appropriate. My main message is that NCFC ensures the players understand there is only one spokesperson for the media with respect to who attends games, is on the pitch or on the sideline, and that''s Nigel Worthington. Simple.

come on yankee canary next youll be saying take the second team as well.when asked why you didnt you make it whats he got to say, ask the boss. he was house hunting,better to do that than having a player communting 100 to 200 miles every other day.

Are dear Yankee. The simple answer is there is not enough seats on the coach for whole team!!! I saw Neon Leon in the City so he was in Norfolk. Can i ask you Yankee, Are you a cross between Robert Chase and Joe Royle because some of your views are LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLaughable and big headed!

I´m very sorry, but I am sure that 99.9 per cent of all City supporters completely understood why Leon did not travel - again Yankee Canary has excelled himself in talking absolute rubbish - he appears to be on a completely different planet to the rest of us.

Must admit, I was a bit disappointed to hear that Leon wasn''t at the game. House hunting is a lame excuse for missing the most important 90 mins of the week especially when he only works/trains for 10 - 15 hours a week.

Set him straight Malky, give him a slap!!