Sign in to follow this  
mat gore

Message for Rick Waghorn

I want Worthy to turn it round. He''s done a lot for the club and has always struck me as a decent man.

It IS NOT just 2-3 bad months its been 15 abject months.  Broken only by 2-3 months at best when fortunes improved due to decisions Worthy didnt want to make and could have and should have made 6 months earlier.

Even when he was doing such a brilliant job in the championship before he showed awful negtivity and naivity in tactics particularly away from home.  I have to say I have never ever seen a club with our comparative resources for the division fail so badly.  The side are as bad as Hamilton''s team except that we have an England goalkeeper one of the best strikers in the country, Huckerby, + Safri who could be premiership stars and a host of other top championship players.

I really hope he can turn it round but I''m afraid I dont for one second think he will now.

[quote]I want Worthy to turn it round. He''s done a lot for the club and has always struck me as a decent man. It IS NOT just 2-3 bad months its been 15 abject months. Broken only by 2-3 months at best when...[/quote]

Absolutely right Mat.

Unfortunately Delia Smith cannot see this (personally I have always felt that her knowledge of football is, how can I put it, ''thin'') and refers to ''knee jerk reactions'' and the tired old cliche of ''a good manager doesn''t become a bad one overnight''! That ''overnight'' period has now extended to some 15 months as you rightly point out. Still we must NEVER criticise or challenge anything Delia says or does and accept that ''it''s difficult to motivate a relegated team'' (honestly I have never heard such stupidity in all my life!) and ''it''s all down to injuries''.  

I fear that we will simply tread water for the rest of the season (at best) and fall away further if Ashton goes in January. Worthy will soon (has already actually) reinstate Fleming - I don''t think you''ll see Shacks again. As you imply, I have never been convinced that Worthy WANTED to play him anyway. As for our much vaunted ''youngsters'' - forget it with this manager in charge. I have gone on and on about this for ages on this board but very few people really pick it up. Yes, there will be the odd appearance for Hendo and a brief substitute cameo or so for the Jarvis brothers and that''s it. Next summer we will be told ....''they weren''t up to it'' as Hendo and Ryan are probably shipped out.

While some of your points are valid, some are total rubbish for example this: "I have to say I have never ever seen a club with our comparative resources for the division fail so badly." I''m sorry but did you not notice that a team that has won the European Cup twice got relegated last season to the third tier of english football, they''re called Nottingham Forest. Not to mention bigger clubs than Norwich also dropping further down the leagues such as our opposition this Saturday and Man City. Then you''ve got Derby and Leeds who in recent times have been in a significantly worse poistion than us and finally what about the years of rubbish Newcastle and Wolves went through before Kevin Keegan, Sir John Hall and Jack Hayward came along.

He gets on my "Wick" does this "Raghorn" bloke.......If they electrified the fence he sits on, maybe then he wouldn''t be able to sit on it- and would therefore have to tell it how it really is!

Seriously though, he''s employed by the ''Heevenin (and the next Hymn is on page 24) Noows'', and therefore, he''s got to watch what he writes- so as not to offend the people who are easily offended....''Betty Squawk'' from ''Hell is Don,'' ''Rupert (I is always on Canary Call) Rampart'' on ''Prince of Wailing Rd'' and ''Norman (the noose) of Norwich Nick'' are a few examples..... 

Reporter''s, should write a fair and unbiased view of what they hear & see, and should not be intimidated or fearful of the consequences- even if they upset the apple cart. "Yer never welcome round here again for criticising me whitey sporty sox chum!" or something along that vein.....

Tell it how it is Wicky, whether folk like it or not! On the FALL City! ;~)

Ginger pele.

I never said Ive never seen a bigger club do worse merely that Ive never seen a sqaud this good for the division its in do so badly.

Forest''s side that went down player for player were not a patch on the current city squad. 

The only example that comes close is the Leeds side that got relegated from the prem and even that is tretching it.

Squad wise we are the man utd of this division (ie top 3 with great players but maybe a bit unbalanced due to weakness in midfield).  We have no divine right to win games but frankly we should expect better than this.  If Fergie ever loses 7 out of 15 with 8 home games gone he''ll be out on his ear european cup winners or not.