Sign in to follow this  
westoncanary.

Henderson

Was excellent when he came on last night, for a little guy he certainly puts himself about, he gave their defenders no time to settle and provided a couple of good crosses. The kid deserves a chance in the first team, no doubt.

Hendo was excellent.  I was chuffed for him when we starting singing his name.  I think he''s got a bad rap lately, he gives his all the majority of the time - I agree a first team run should be on the cards.

Although, that said - he was awful against QPR.

There is , and never has been, any doubt in my mind that Henderson should be playing through the centre. He was tremendously effective in that position all the way through the youth ranks and the two goals that he scored against Millwall a couple of years ago, showed that he has an eye for goal that no-one can teach. Give him some games in the striker position and see he he reaps the rewards, there will be nothing lost.

Just never play him on the right wing, he simply is not a winger.

If you ask me, Hendo is getting far to big for his boots, Worthy plays him in his correct position for the first time in 5 years and the kid has the cheek to play a blinder! put this young whipper snapper back in his place Mr Worthington, play him at left back straight away!!

[quote]There is , and never has been, any doubt in my mind that Henderson should be playing through the centre. He was tremendously effective in that position all the way through the youth ranks and the two ...[/quote]

Spot on Ou Est

I have watched Henderson since the youth days and in my mind it is not only criminal the way Worthy has constantly played him out of positon (therefore contributing to his loss of confidence) he hasn''t learnt that players like Hendo were brought up on good passing attacking football which was instilled into him by youth coaches.

IMO Hendo is yet another victim of Worhty''s inept tactical decisions and his adherence to the old Wilkinson footballing mantra.

i think the jury is out on henderson but next two games play him upfront give him 90 minutes and lets see if he can crack it

I 100% agree with the pro Hendo lobby here. He should be given a run UP FRONT as Ashton''s partner. The reason he got a lot of stick in the promotion season was because Worthy palyed him out of position (as most fans know).

Can Worthy bring himself to give the boy a proper chance in the next 2 league games at least? Don''t hold your breath. We all know how reluctant Worthy is to play youngsters, I bet it will be Huckerby (again) tomorrow. That will go down well with Ashton! I have no doubts at all that he doesn''t like having Hucks as a striker partner and I don''t blame him. Hucks is greedy and you never know what he is going to do or where he is likely to pop up (even when he is supposed to be down the middle!). He does not have the discipline to play as a conventional striker.

yes, well played Hendo vs Birmingham. He was poor vs Brighton (goal apart) and poor vs Luton (although others beg to differ to the extent of naming him motm). Vs Qpr he was one of 9 players who could have been substituted at half-time but Birmingham he made a better partner for Ashton than Hucks who inevitably drifts wide. Hendo has defintely a good claim to start vs Sheff wed.

Really enjoyed the Brum game after the nightmares that preceded it. Shame about the Jethro and Les Dawson vids on club canary (my first outing - i normally make my own way) though !!

yes, well played Hendo vs Birmingham. He was poor vs Brighton (goal apart) and poor vs Luton (although others beg to differ to the extent of naming him motm). Vs Qpr he was one of 9 players who could have been substituted at half-time but Birmingham he made a better partner for Ashton than Hucks who inevitably drifts wide. Hendo has defintely a good claim to start vs Sheff wed.

Really enjoyed the Brum game after the nightmares that preceded it. Shame about the Jethro and Les Dawson vids on club canary (my first outing - i normally make my own way) though !!

[quote]yes, well played Hendo vs Birmingham. He was poor vs Brighton (goal apart) and poor vs Luton (although others beg to differ to the extent of naming him motm). Vs Qpr he was one of 9 players who could ...[/quote]

Fillet

I thought you would have known what sort of entertainment to expect on cabbage.  Shame on you for daring to be negative about their famed in coach entertainment system.

BTW, you are lucky, when my kids were young we had to use junior cabbabge (sprouts) for away games (it did help that the match prices and travel were ridiculously cheep!) and they just played Disney stuff.  Still hate the Lion King to this day

Hendo is a natural finisher - remember how easy he made those two goals look against Millwall a couple of seasons ago. Yes, he is cocky but this, along with his ''in-yer-face'' attitude, is just what defenders hate. Flecky used to be like that, and defenders hate marking Paul Dickov of Blackburn for exactly the same reason - you don''t get a moment''s peace all game. Give him a chance in his correct position, Worthy.