Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Team for Saturday please Nige

Agree with your line-up dd, although not sure what Colin''s done to deserve being dropped. OK he had a bad game against QPR but, aside from Deano, name me a player that didn''t!

i would keep Drury and Safri on the subs bench and give the boys who performed at Brum a chance.

Green

Fleming Davenport Doherty Brennan

Marney Jarrett Hughes Huckerby

Ashton Hendo

subs

ward drury safri charlton mcveigh

[quote]i would keep Drury and Safri on the subs bench and give the boys who performed at Brum a chance. Green Fleming Davenport Doherty Brennan Marney Jarrett Hughes Huckerby Ashton Hendo subs ward dru...[/quote]

I don''t think we can keep someone as influential as Saf on the bench if he is fit.  Jarrett hasn''t set the midfield alight since he''s been in the team.  The sooner we get Saf back the better

I''d go with:

Green

Colin Davenport Doherty Drury

Marney Hughes Safri Huckerby

Ashton Henderson

like previous: If Drury and Safri arent fit, then Brennan and jarrett.

Lets be Havin you boys! 

Green

Fleming  Davenport Doherty  Drury

Safri

Marney      Hughes      McVeigh

Henderson  Ashton

Should Safri or Drury not start (mostlikely on the bench), this should be the starting line-up...

GREEN

COLIN    DOC     DAV    BRENNAN

MARNEY   ROSSI    HUGHES    HUCKERBY

HENDERSON    ASHTON

BENCH:  Ward, Safri, McVeigh, Drury, MLJ

[quote]No place for Hucks in your line up Oldboy ? why would that be ?[/quote]

Well Sheded, to be totally honest, IMO the side works better without him now. When he plays like he played 2 seasons ago, there''s no way you could leave him out: he did amazing, wonderful things, made and scored countless goals. But now, he''s become less adventurous and slower, and easier to mark. I almost feel bad for saying it, but the stats don''t lie. In 2003/4, he got us promoted almost single-handed. This season, he''s just a shadow comparatively. I''ll always be a fan, and I wish he could get it back.

Safri has to go straight back in, if even nearly fit.

Colin at QPR looked badly in need of being taken out of the firing line for a while. Might be something to be said for using Fleming there today.

Would be interesting to see Henderson play in his preferred position, but Id still go with McVeigh, at least to start.

[quote]Well Sheded, to be totally honest, IMO the side works better without him now. When he plays like he played 2 seasons ago, there''s no way you could leave him out: he did amazing, wonderful things, made...[/quote]

There''s no arguing with the stats but my interpretation of them would be different. I dont think its so much too do with Huck''s own form as the fact that we''re probably the most predictable team in the league to play against. Everyone in the division now knows that whenever we win the ball only one of the things will happen; it will either be whacked long and high to Ashton, or be given to Hucks in the desparate hope that he will create something (because lets face it no one else will).

Not surprisingly both Hucks and Ashton are well marshalled every week and neither is having a great season. If Worthington had any understanding about how a midfield should actually operate and, I scarely even dare say it, introduced a creative player it would transform the side.

i didnt catch QPR - but, ive heard collin was shocking.....however - if collin needs to be taken out for a few games then PLEASE put Louis Jean in at RB - Flem gets caught out of position, time and again and leaves us completely exposed, with everyone else trying to cover for him and mark their own man.

Green

Colin        Doherty         Davenport           Drury

Marney        Hughes         Safri            Huckerby

Henderson      Ashton