Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Hill

Players not playing for the manager?

There was no way we were going to get beaten at home to Sheff Wed. Do you think the players aren''t playing well so that worthless will leave. I''ve heard the players are starting to dislike him because he''s not very pleasant since all this pressure has arrived at his door.

Discuss! 

[quote]There was no way we were going to get beaten at home to Sheff Wed. Do you think the players aren''t playing well so that worthless will leave. I''ve heard the players are starting to dislike him because...[/quote]

You''ve heard the players? Who is it? Give us some hints!

I''m sorry to disagree but I think the players are playing for the manager - its the Howard Wilkinson method of football - the high ball into the middle. Against Sheffield Wednesday thats all we had in the second half. I think Dean Ashton must have a headache tonight the number of times he headed the ball. I have posted elsewhere I feel Ashton is much better when the ball is delivered to his feet he has quite a powerful shot but to hoof it up to him just outside the box is a complete waste of time and shows a complete lack of understanding that we are a much better team when we keep the ball on the ground.  

I don''t think that the players don''t know what they''re doing at the moment. Looking at the bizarre line-ups and substitutions this season, the players can''t know whether they''re coming or going. For example, he brings on Peter Thorne today - a proven goalscorer - and sticks him at right wing. he takes off Fleming (not such a bad thing) and sticks on Colin - but where? It certainly wasn''t right back (for an injury to Flem). I know a little bit about football, having played at a decent level, but  I can honestly say that I''ve no idea, whatsoever, what Worthington was doing with this one! The players are demotivated, dispirited and clutching at straws. For goodness sake, Board, change things NOW.