Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Scouser

WHAT PRICE SURVIVAL...?

We are now getting worryingly close to the wrong end of the table, with the team seemingly stuck in a cycle of depressing defeats - Ian Holloway''s words are ringing all too true now.

I know that there are those of you who are (for perfectly understandable reasons) desperate for Worthington to stay but for the sake of the club surely he can''t stay much longer...

I love this club as much as anyone on this board and tonight I''m in a deep deep depression - in some ways I''m glad that I couldn''t be at the game, I don''t know how I would be able to contain my feelings...What on earth is going on at the club?

I reported three weeks ago before the recent debacles that unless this dreadful manger was dismissed we would be relegated.

Unfortunately I am being proved right.

I would now suggest that Delia and husband go as well; they do not have the strength to manage a football club!

Steady on Trevor, I don''t think that Delia and hubby are to blame for this crisis - they are major investors in the club and with that role comes a certain amount of stand-offishness - especially for Delia after her impassioned plea at that game caused such a furore.

Can anyone answer me this though, I''ve just read the match report and I don''t think I''ve ever seen such a litany of near misses or cracking shots that crept just wide of the post - the best one has to be the goalie "almost spilling" a shot - doesn''t that mean he saved it?    Were we on top by such a margin or has a great deal of spin been put on our performance?   I was watching via the BBC website and don''t remember seeing that many shots reported but then it was the BBC!

Plastic - yes we had a couple of glorious chances. However, balance this with the fact that Wednesday hit the post and Greeno made two fantastic saves to keep the score down.