Sign in to follow this  
Jim Turner

My thoughts-

Ok, everyone has got there views on the current situation and the team has been doing disasterously BUT there needs to be some element of rational thinking involved.

Today was a fairly poor, uninventive, switched off performance which has been the pattern for many of our recent games. However I don''t feel that we are in the position (or in the right) to call for Worthy''s head as manager.

My belief is that a fresh face should be bought in to assist the coaching of the team and perhaps someone to aid to with transfers. I believe that while directors of football have been much derided by other teams, I think our club is perfectly suited to one coming in the very near future.

I personally dont want Worthy out as I still have faith in his management skills and that he can get the best out of the players. I just think a fresh impetus needs to come soon, and very soon.

Also can the malicious rumours about various players die down, its pathetic and destructive, and certainly wont help the team focus on their football. The likes of McKenzie, Ashton, Huckerby and Worthy are vital to the success of the team and the efforts by some to undermine are really disappointing. We need wins and we need them soon, but we also need reminding that Norwich will still be our team in whatever position. Ok thats more than enough from me, I just hope we can find some way of adding a fresh impetus to the team and the club without the need to sack Nigel.

[quote]Ok, everyone has got there views on the current situation and the team has been doing disasterously BUT there needs to be some element of rational thinking involved. Today was a fairly poor, uninven...[/quote]

A very honest opinion, Jim!

To be honest, I think Worthington needs to go. Individual performances can lead to individual''s criticised, but when the team plays as consistently poor as we have as of late, then the finger must be pointed directly at Worthington.

However, like you say the players dont want him out and it seems the board doesn''t either. While he''s got so much support in the club, his job won''t be in doubt. So it looks as if we''re left with nothing but to support the boss and his endeavours to turn us around.

Jim has faith in Worthy''s management skills, you may be the only one, where do we have to be before you lose faith.  What management skills are those then, tactical awareness, motivation or man management etc.  because Worthy has never show any of these.

I wonder what it takes for some people to come to the conclusion that Worthy is a poor manager and a worse coach.