Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Relegation battle

Forget the protests, recriminations, and blame game. Never mind the AGM or Nigel Worthington. We are one point outside the relegation zone with a month of away games coming up,Davenport goes back to Spurs at Christmas and Safri goes to the African Nations Cup in the new year for up to two months. Ashton could depart in January. Confidence is low and our players are playing with a handicap of fear of making mistakes. If you still see Norwich as a team which should be challenging for promotion then the expectation will weigh you and the players down. This club (and that means the supporters and the civic position enjoyed by this emblem of our City and County) is in a precarious position and involved in a relegation battle with a £20 million debt burden. The Cardiff match is a vital three points not a platform for protest and if you approach it with an underdog mentality you will not only enjoy it more but will thereby lift the team.

I think the players have to get their heads down and keep plugging away to get out of the mess they find themselves in. I think the fans have to keep behind the team and hopefully they will start converting the chances they are creating. I don''t think a change in manager would make much difference as other teams have found out in the past, as Delia said you don''t go from a good manager to a bad one overnight do you. Saying all this three points are vital against Cardiff Tuesday night to kick-start our season (again) if not the loyal fans will really start to lose patience, and will have visions of the awful prospect of League 1 football next season.

Rudolph

A superb post - one I have been waiting to read for many days. No team in the land has a divine right to win every game, if that were the case then football would not be worth playing or watching.

Yes - I am bitterly disappointed so far this season, as I am sure are all those connected with our beloved club. However the best way forward is to pull together - and stop the stupid remarks and recriminations.

Having supported Norwich for 46 years - through thick and thin, I am sure we will see an upturn in fortunes before too long, especially now the horrific injury list is now improving.

[quote]Forget the protests, recriminations, and blame game. Never mind the AGM or Nigel Worthington. We are one point outside the relegation zone with a month of away games coming up,Davenport goes back to S...[/quote]

I agree - we need to get behind the club, not drag us down further.

Ditto.

There are better managers out there than Worthy for sure (Jose Mourinho as an extreme example), and we might or might not be able to attract/afford one of them right now (unlikely in my view), but regardless, the best way out of the hole we''re currently in is to get the current personnel playing and coaching to their potential, and that means getting behind the club.

What an excellent post.   We ARE in serious danger of being dragged down into the mire of a relegation battle.   My boss rang me this morning - he''s an Argyle fan - asking me if I wanted to discuss the terms of the bet I made at the beginning of the season - that we''d finish above Argyle and a colleage who supports Crewe has started bragging too...

Not what I was expecting.

Yes good post Rudolph, but when the team ran out at 3pm yesterday they were greeted with the same euphoria as usual.  Surely that should lift the team a bit????