Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Craig Fleming

yep played at right back - was awful - out of position all the time, dav and doc, and even BRENNAN had to cover for him at stages, his passing was over hit every time, and played us into trouble on a couple of occassions. very very poor. if anyone is to blame for the goals it fleming - they were freak goals, but he gave the free kick away with an awful tackle that was absolutely needless, then was way out  of position, leaving us stretched at the back and left space for pennant to roll ball to jarosik. both freak goals, but he had a role in both of them, much rather see MLJ or Collin. or anyone for that matter. On last nights performance - id rather have hucks at right back than flem....hucks got back really well last night when pushed onto left wing, worked very hard.

He played at RB yes, he did OK especially after taking a knock early on in the game.  He was also the first player to come right over to the fans after the game, closely followed by Hughes & Greeno.

[quote]yep played at right back - was awful - out of position all the time, dav and doc, and even BRENNAN had to cover for him at stages, his passing was over hit every time, and played us into trouble on a ...[/quote]

Steady on mate, I think you''re being a little unfair. I wasn''t even at the game and I know it was Doc who conceded the free kick for Pennants goal.

It was the Doc who conceded the free-kick, as for Pennant, NO-ONE was picking him up all game, he switched from left to right and tormrnted us from start to finish. If it wasn''t for SWP he would be in the England squad.

Btw, Simon Charlton, not good enough, sorry.

[quote]yep played at right back - was awful - out of position all the time, dav and doc, and even BRENNAN had to cover for him at stages, his passing was over hit every time, and played us into trouble on a ...[/quote]

What rubbish are you spouting??  Couldn''t see any involvement in either goal, he played quite well and passed to Ashton for the goal.

Shame on you , Tom Blazak.

I didn''t go last night (clearly neither did you) but I listened to the game and have read the reports and also other user''s comments in this thread.

Is it really necessary to direct all this vitriol at one player ? Do you really need to make things up in order to prolong a vendetta ? He''s out of the first choice XI now so what''s the point ?

I''ve made the point before and I''ll make it again.Craig Fleming may be past his best now but he is a valued member of the squad , would run through walls for the club , has given us years of valuable service during some really poor seasons and less than 18 months ago we voted him our player of the season.

Dont you think he deserve a little more respect ?

actually maverick i WAS at the game, sorry if it was doc who conceded free kick, my mistake, thats a fair call and an error on my part. however - the second goal, pennant breaks down the left wing, where is fleming? at right back where he should be? no halfway up the pitch. so who covering for him? everyone else. so would we have conceded that goal if fleming had been where he should have been, closing down pennant, and allowing the other city defenders to close Jarosik down quicker? imo no. dont get me wrong, it was a wonder goal and its not like a vendetta i have against Flem, i slated him earlier in the season judged on performances, so i thought when i saw he was starting, that id watch his game. and for me, he was awful. hopefully he''ll start again today, and show an improved, more disciplined performance. he seemed to be intent on going forward and not enough on defending. i think worthy must have told him to get forward, and he seemed to follow this a little bit too much to the letter and leave himself out of position and getting caught out far too often. and the pass for deanos goal was just an aimless long ball over the top of which fleming had previously overhit 4 of them. and this time we got lucky cuz defender misjudged it.

simon charlton, your right, is not a left winger, but he was obv put there to protect brennan a little bit from pennant et al, not to go forward. he did a job on weds but today id like to see hucks on the left, hendo up front, and if we''re crap at half time, bring Rossi Jarvis on and give him some more football, cuz he looked very promising.

ok, just watched the goal again on canaries world and i was wrong, 2nd wasnt flem''s fault either, apologies for that. he was out of position loads, but it didnt cost us, i apologise for that.

No surprise, Tom, to learn that he was caught out of position loads again today; even had the cheek to have a go at Davenport this afternoon when Davenport had to go out to our right to cover Fleming, who was ball-watching! It''s never Fleming''s fault - he always blames somebody else for his mistakes.   

[quote]ok, just watched the goal again on canaries world and i was wrong, 2nd wasnt flem''s fault either, apologies for that. he was out of position loads, but it didnt cost us, i apologise for that.[/quote]

Can''t even resist a dig at the end of your (second) apology, eh?

Flemmo is the most loyal player at the club - give him a break.

Ah Good Old Dicky - and I suppose you thought Sutch was a good player too.

We all have our opinions and we all have the club at heart, I just dont think you agree with that statement Dicky do you?

I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend with all the other blind loyalty lot. I won''t. I am pig sick as to what is happening to our club.

If Delia wants to release any more sanctimonious statements like the one earlier this week she will find she is going to have a fight on her hands - starting at the AGM on Monday.

Of course if she doesnt like it she can sell all the Carrow Road land for development at a very nice figure and pocket a very nice profit from her involvement in NCFC. How''s that Doff Cappers.

[quote]Ah Good Old Dicky - and I suppose you thought Sutch was a good player too. We all have our opinions and we all have the club at heart, I just dont think you agree with that statement Dicky do you? I...[/quote]

What? 

I think he''s trying to say that your blind loyalty to Worthington is endearing but embarrassingly misguided.