Sign in to follow this  
Dom

Peter Thorne RIGHT WING!!??

Don''t know how many people were as bemused as me when Peter Thorne came on and took the right wing berth.

I am not a Worth hater, but I thought it did show the lack of tactical ability. I think every person in the ground saw the opportunity to put Ashton and Thorne together with Huckerby, and Henderson having the ability to swing in the ball for them.

Things can only get better...surely.

This all comes down to the lack of depth in the squad.

After Marney, there is no one who is really a right midfielder. Odd?

McVeigh is probably the nearest, but he is back out of favour again. Yawn...

Options yesterday were also limited by having Charlton on the bench.

With Drury, Brennan and Fleming in the 11, it was hard to see where exactly he was going to figure.

Still, you can never have too many left backs I suppose, if you need to try and turn a game late on...

NO!!! - Henderson was in the right place, playing in the middle. To put him wide right would have been a backward step. Brennan was useless in the first half, and just marginally better in the second, so had to go. We don''t have a right winger in the squad, and nothing resembling one on the bench, so it had to be Thorne.

But Henderson needs to be in the side, and as a striker. We need someone to play off Ashton, and Huckerby seemingly refuses to do that and gets away with it (why?). Henderson''s willing to do that, so play him.

seeing Thorne on the wing just about summed up Worthy for me

he doesnt know what he is doing and all his fans must surely recognise this now.

And they call Bobby Robson Doddery!

but then marney is a central midfield player also! shows what we need are midfield players who are creative not more defenders like bleeding PRIMUS!

After his performance in the 2nd half vs Birmingham it should have been Hendo partnering Ashton.

A Huckerby and Ashton partnership is never going to work as Hucks inevitably drifts to the flanks (where he plays best) leaving Ashton isolated.

However, what I can''t understand is considering how desperate we were for 3 points (one was not good enough either) and considering how poor SW were why we didn''t go 4-3-3 ((or 4-2-4 if you count Hucks as a striker) the last 30 mins.