Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

What are you watching? (Recommendations thread)

Cheers KIO. I did have Netflix when it first started, but after watching one film there was nothing else that interested me. As they are now getting things like LK exclusively I might have to rejoin. (I assume the BBC didn't want to spend money on decent programming and that's why they let it go. How else could they afford to pay Michael MacIntyre? 😐😂)

• Haha 1

Theres quite a lot of exclusive programming on netflix. I highly recommend black sails too. That was exclusive on amazon prime but has been on tv more recently. Its a blend of factual and fictional characters and events centred around pirates. Ita better than it sounds, honest. Acting is a bit ropey in parts but the narratives and storylines are compelling.

• Thanks 1

Also The Following with Kevin Bacon is very good, as is The 100. Both were amazon exclusive so not sure if theyre available elsewhere now.

I recommended a Hungarian film called Son Of Saul ages ago and it was on BBC4 last night. It is brilliantly filmed but as it is about Auschwitz it is not easy viewing to say the least. Very worth watching but brace yourself.

The return of Norfolk's very own Alan Partridge. If it's as good as previous work (not including the film) then it should be high quality.

• Like 1

The full Simon Reeve back catalogue is available on Iplayer at the moment - Tropic of Capricorn, Tropic of Cancer, and Equator are fantastic pieces of work.

On 24/02/2019 at 09:01, Herman said:

The return of Norfolk's very own Alan Partridge. If it's as good as previous work (not including the film) then it should be high quality.

A good start, not fantastic as some claim, but still funny and wince inducing in equal measures. He's still a complete ****. 😀

13 hours ago, Herman said:

A good start, not fantastic as some claim, but still funny and wince inducing in equal measures. He's still a complete ****. 😀

I agree. Wasn't blown away by it, but it was entertaining and good enough to watch the rest. Not least for his co-host!

Haha, she was rather easy on the eye. I will have to find out what else she is in. Purely for her acting talent of course.👍

• Haha 1

Off to see Fisherman's Friends movie on Friday. Obviously a massive connection with Cornwall but probably a movie that you can have a couple of pints during and you won't miss any plot. Just relaxed pleasure hopefully.