PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

Here we go again - it's all a hoax to prevent "me" from being re-elected..... this was in answer to a question of why re-open for business at Easter, when the medical staff advise against it. 

Export.jpg

How the hell can anyone vote for this lunatic. 

Its amazing that the US could assassinate Lincoln and Kennedy and this bloke is allowed to say the most childish and stupid things imagineable.

I think they should take the vote away from anyone south of the Mason Dixie Line.

• Like 1

We could just go with a national popular vote for the President. He lost the last one by 3 million, he's only President because of the "first past the post" like Electoral College. 

Meanwhile... do you remember the scene in Mississippi Burning where Gene Hackman's character is explaining to Willem Dafoe's character, why his father poisoned his neighbors mule? 

You know, when I was a little boy, there was an old Negro farmer lived down the road from us, name of Monroe. And he was, uh, - well, I guess he was just a little luckier than my Daddy was. He bought himself a mule. That was a big deal around that town. Now, my Daddy hated that mule, 'cause his friends were always kiddin' him about oh, they saw Monroe out plowin' with his new mule, and Monroe was gonna rent another field now they had a mule. And one morning that mule just showed up dead. They poisoned the water. And after that there was never any mention about that mule around my Daddy. It just never came up. So one time, we were drivin' down the road and we passed Monroe's place and we saw it was empty. He'd just packed up and left, I guess. Gone up North, or somethin'. I looked over at my Daddy's face - and I knew he'd done it. And he saw that I knew. He was ashamed. I guess he was ashamed. He looked at me and he said: 'If you ain't better than a ****, son, who are you better than?

'And you think that's an excuse?'

'No, it's not an excuse, it's jus a story about my daddy'

'Where's that leave you?'

'With an old man who was so full of hate he didn't know that bein' poor was killin' him'

Whether it's race or social status and public adoration, envy kills. 

Now read this .... there was a national plan, they chose to ignore it. 

Edited by Surfer

Joe Scarborough is a former Republican Party Representative in Congress.

So not a wishy washy liberal, but he still has a religious / moral compass. 

Edited by Surfer

Hes just rambling again... no answers, just blame everyone but the "leader of the free world" 

Let's open back up for business : 2

And how exactly do you decide if one county is safer than another if you can't TEST for the virus? 

Edited by Surfer

Maybe one of the outcomes of this disaster will be to reign back in the power of individuals - especially of the President, plus the House Speaker and the Senate Leader - in favour of more consensus based government. A redo of broadcast licensing. This has spun out of control. 

This latest nonsense - if it is followed up on WILL get people killed, and LOTS of them. 

And reports are the president cancelled a ventilator order because it was going to cost too much - the price being 0.015% of the cost of the financial bailout package just voted on. 

Edited by Surfer

Can’t be prosecuted because he’s the President, according to the Department of Justice - of which he is the nominal head.... so no. 

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Can’t be prosecuted because he’s the President, according to the Department of Justice - of which he is the nominal head.... so no. 

.......isn't that only whilst he is President?

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

.......isn't that only whilst he is President?

... assume the answer is yes, that is why he is desperate to get himself re-elected. 

and if he can't get re-elected why he'll try and give himself a Presidential pardon. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

And despite doing most of the work, none of the Democratic Party leaders were invited to the signing ceremony. So an all Republican effort is the TV message. Oh and the President wants any checks sent out to the public to have his signature on it. And the President says he will not comply with any oversight by Congress of up to $500Bn in corporate relief approved by his Treasury Secretary - despite that is what the law he's signing says in plain text. 

Edited by Surfer

Here we go - waving the troop ship off to war - oh sorry a hospital ship off to NYC. The west coast one sailed to LA from San Diego earlier this week, no fanfare, no press conference, i.e no presidential re-election campaign photo opportunity. 

Edited by Surfer

Florida, which has not locked down anything and hosted Spring Break vacations only last week for thousands of students from around the country ... whined about people bring the virus ... so :     under what authority the President can do that is unclear. It's definitely not possible for the Federal Government to interfere WITHIN a State, the only possibility is BETWEEN States.

Joe Biden surges to 9-point poll lead over President Trump

Will Pavia, New York
Monday March 30 2020, 9.00am, The Times
Joe Biden’s ratings have risen in recent days despite his lockdown in Delaware
Joe Biden’s ratings have risen in recent days despite his lockdown in Delaware
MANDEL NGAN/GETTY IMAGES

He has been forced into lockdown at his home in Delaware, his speeches from a lectern in his basement ignored by the national press. And yet a poll by one of the most conservative networks in the US has shown that Joe Biden is now nearly nine points ahead of President Trump — and even further ahead in some of the crucial counties that determined the outcome of the last presidential election.

On 26/03/2020 at 13:41, Surfer said:

We could just go with a national popular vote for the President. He lost the last one by 3 million, he's only President because of the "first past the post" like Electoral College. 

Although he is limited intellectually, the team behind him at the election wasn't. They didn't care about the popular vote because it doesn't win you anything. Using Facebook/Twitter /Cambridge Analytica they targeted the states they could win and ignored the others. 

We have a similar problem in this country and on 2 or 3 occasions the party that got the most votes overall lost the election. 

Don't doubt the power of Facebook. I watched a documentary about the EU referendum in which Facebook analysis reveals extraordinary things about us. They can even tell when we are heading for a relationship breakdown before we realise it ourselves. It's absolutely terrifying 

Social Media is all encompassing but data retention is nothing new, I remember reading that at one time in the early eighties, if you wanted information about someone, ask Grattan's Catalogue company.

The most powerful man on earth, armed with just his pen and the already activated Wartime Production Act could put an end to this price gouging overnight - why doesn't he? 

Edited by Surfer

Just observing today's WH press conference, it's very clear that President Trump has lost control. 

Fortunately he has lost control to the medical experts. Everyone in the press corps is ignoring all the "clarifications"  he's trying to interject, the two people clearly in charge here are Dr Fauci and Dr Brix.

Probably because they are telling US citizens we should expect over 100,000 deaths before Summer.