PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If you giggle at this you need to grow up 

Screenshot_20240515_060455_Facebook.jpg.5477314e2adfd51f5ca204984202a32c.jpg

Not wrong though, is she?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Mind you, Melania only has to wait for 30 seconds and the ordeal is over.

Despite all this he looks very likely to be the next POTUS.

56 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Despite all this he looks very likely to be the next POTUS.

Sadly, yes. And people will deserve exactly what they get.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Herman said:

That's what democracy does for you.

On 18/05/2024 at 10:28, Herman said:

Apart from people who didn’t vote for him (those who could have voted but didn’t are debatable though). And the rest of the world impacted by his lunatic actions. Ukrainians invaded by Putin. Taiwan if China invades. Those flooded or otherwise impacted by climate change, and so on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Apart from people who didn’t vote for him (those who could have voted but didn’t are debatable though). And the rest of the world impacted by his lunatic actions. Ukrainians invaded by Putin. Taiwan if China invades. Those flooded or otherwise impacted by climate change, and so on.

I think the orange man is utterly unsuitable as a president and I regret that Americans have the choice they do.  But do you honestly hold Trump wholly or mainly responsible for those three things you list, one of which hasn't happened (at least yet) and two of which begun when he was a TV personality? It's a bit of a stretch isn't it?

Edited by Barbe bleu

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

I think the orange man is utterly unsuitable as a president and I regret that Americans have the choice they do.  But do you honestly hold Trump wholly or mainly responsible for those three things you list, one of which hasn't happened (at least yet) and two of which begun when he was a TV personality? It's a bit of a stretch isn't it?

No, I’m not stupid. I don’t hold Trump wholly responsible for any of them. But he and those of a similar lunatic mind are significantly responsible for the impunity Putin believed would allow him to blitzkrieg into Ukraine. If he eventually succeeds, it’s not hard to see how China might take that a green light to invade Taiwan. And he is a huge part of the attitude on the right that climate change is some sort of left-wing woke conspiracy.

• Like 2

Is Trump confusing Obama with Biden or is he completely nuts? 

I read an article by an American psychiatrist recently which suggested Trump was in the early stages of dementia. Perhaps he's right. 

• Like 1

According to Trump this crowd at his Bronx rally is 25,000. Who knew that the average Carrow Road attendance is actually 100,000? We must be told why the club's official announcements sell us so short 

Screenshot_25-5-2024_71057_www.youtube.com.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Guilty Guilty Guilty 

All 34 counts.

A convicted felon.

Wow.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Guilty Guilty Guilty 

All 34 counts.

A felon.

Because it is all counts could well be a custodial sentence.

Will never serve a minutes time.

Watch this get quickly over turned.

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Not an expert on the US legal system, and I don’t doubt Trump will appeal, because with all his trials the aim has been to disrupt and delay the process. But his lawyers will need to find some convincing arguments to overturn. In any event if the conviction stands I very much doubt he will get a custodial sentence. Amazingly, he doesn’t have a criminal record.

Clucking bell. I wasn't expecting that. 😂

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Not a chance

The judge has just denied him an appeal.

Which, confusingly, he can appeal.

Sometimes what everyone knows to be true is, of course, true. He was clearly guilty, but that far from meant the US system would find him so.

• Like 1

Sentencing on 11th July. July is going to be one very heavy drinking month

Judge won’t grant an appeal ( apparently he can appeal once sentenced though ) and sentencing is 11/7/24 4 days before the Republicans must put forward their candidate.

30 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I remember you telling us that wallpaper didn’t matter, but it was the beginning of not just bringing Johnson down, but the whole Tory Party, so who knows.

The plan has been to obfuscate and delay to the point where he could win the Presidency, pardon himself and his cronies, and send America back decades for his benefit only.

And he's grifting in the form of fundraising requests already, I see.

39 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not an expert on the US legal system, and I don’t doubt Trump will appeal, because with all his trials the aim has been to disrupt and delay the process. But his lawyers will need to find some convincing arguments to overturn. In any event if the conviction stands I very much doubt he will get a custodial sentence. Amazingly, he doesn’t have a criminal record.

In each of the 34 charges the prosecution built its case on a specific document - an invoice or cheque. Plainly the jury accepted those 34 documents proved the prosecution’s case. Not easy to see how Trump’s lawyers are going to argue that away. But as said, not an expert on the US legal system.