PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

30 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If they don't do as well as expected in the mid terms then he will lose even more GOP old timers. The MAGA idiots will cry foul of course and of we will go again. He can't lose really. He will claim an honest election if they win and fraud if they lose.

Exactly this, all whilst pursuing an agenda that enriches himself and throws those who support him under a bus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Everyone, especially RTB and Jools, should watch this.

Sums up how America went full sh-ithole.

The good news appears to be that Republicans generally are turning away from the toxic Trump.

The bad news for the Republicans is that the two factions in the party are going to fight each other like two ferrets in sack.

And the winner will be the Democrats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump will never admit its a failure. He has already called him De Sanctimonious and says he has some embarrassing details that he could reveal about him. So drop out of the race or I will publish. How can anyone be happy with that attitude.

So what is he going to say about the voting? Rigged, part rigged or of no consequence because two years time is what really matters.

They must surely see that the anti abortion lobby has gone way too far. It might gain them some of the Hispanic vote but is losing them the younger vote, election after election.

I see the boy Don is calling the election a sham and fixed and that thingy Governor woman is saying the Democrats have cheated.

Before we all laugh I expect the same will happen in the U.K. with Johnson taking the leadership, then when he is destroyed claiming it’s a fix.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I see the boy Don is calling the election a sham and fixed and that thingy Governor woman is saying the Democrats have cheated.

Before we all laugh I expect the same will happen in the U.K. with Johnson taking the leadership, then when he is destroyed claiming it’s a fix.

Yep. Right on queue, Trump Lawyer says all votes should be counted and the results known by Wednesday morning. Those that hadn't point to more voter fraud.

Meanwhile CNN reporting that some big donors to Trump have said they are pulling out because there is no way he can win in 2024 with the latest results. Biden had a very low favourable rating for a POTUS recently. However, he still rates about 20 points higher than Trump in the head to head favourable ratings.

I have a feeling De Santis will now get 12 months of real exposure and Trump will be embarrassed. His announcement next Tuesday will be interesting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

The good news appears to be that Republicans generally are turning away from the toxic Trump.

The bad news for the Republicans is that the two factions in the party are going to fight each other like two ferrets in sack.

Yes. On C4 news they had a decent piece on what might happen ahead of 2024. Talking to Republican advisors they felt that Trump would never quit and even might stand as an independent if DeSantis is selected (though he may wait til 2028). But the overwhelming opinion was that Trump was far too much of a distraction with all the unhelpful drama that surrounds him, rather what is needed. Also, they stated that voters were, on the whole, fed up of the idea of the steal. Definitely a turn away from Trump.

The interviewees gave me some renewed hope that there is a bit of cool-headed common sense about. A bit like we have heard from our City chief about two years ago..."ignore the noise".

So it might not be Trump-toxic but the GOP will still, no question, be split. Trump will have left his mark...with his trademark divisive style.

Will be interesting to watch.

Edited by sonyc

Trump saying a disappointing night for the GOP butbrilliantfor him because over 200 of those he backed have won. And of course he he followed but asking who has ever done that.

His ego is like a drowned body, the longer its dead the more bloated it gets.

19 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Trump will never admit its a failure. He has already called him De Sanctimonious and says he has some embarrassing details that he could reveal about him. So drop out of the race or I will publish. How can anyone be happy with that attitude.

So what is he going to say about the voting? Rigged, part rigged or of no consequence because two years time is what really matters.

They must surely see that the anti abortion lobby has gone way too far. It might gain them some of the Hispanic vote but is losing them the younger vote, election after election.

Typical Trump politics borne out of his silly TV shows, making bullyish statements about apperance or past to smear and belittle them. Notice in 2015/16 Trump constantly insulted both Ted Cruz and Rand Paul in the primaries (among others), yet now some of them seem to be close allies of his?

I also think Trump has lost the faith of too many moderate Conservatives to get back on the presidential ticket for 2024. The GOP will lean towards DeSantis as the 2024 candidate as they know they'd probably be heavier favourites if RdS is on the ticket as he would probably be a unifying candidate, and win the debates (especially against Sleepy Joe).

GOP has been plagued with weak and/or divise candidates since the end of Reagan's second term, mainly ruined by the three Bushes. The only moderate losing candidate was John McCain, but he effectively lost the 2008 election the day he got that old bat Sarah Palin on board 😂

Edited by TheRock

The New York Post has fully turned its back on Donald Trump following the Republican Party's faltering performance in the midterms, describing the former president as a "toxic" influence who has "sabotaged" the party.

The day after the GOP failed to see the predicted "red wave" in the House, with a chance the Democrats could still control the Senate, The Post—which Trump once declared his "favorite newspaper"—ran a front page depicting the former president as Humpty Dumpty sitting on a wall with the headline "Trumpty Dumpty."

"Don (who couldn't build a wall) had a great fall—can all the GOP's men put the party back together again?" The Post's standfirst said.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

Donald Trump's efforts to get his supporters into the streets of Detroit on election day was dissected by The Washington Post on Wednesday.

At 2:28 p.m. eastern, Trump took to his Truth Social microblogging website to complain about voting in Michigan.

"The absentee ballot situation in Detroit is really bad," Trump posted. "People are showing up to vote only to be told, 'sorry, you have already voted.' This is happening in large numbers, elsewhere as well. Protest, Protest, Protest!"

Trump's call was not answered by his MAGA base.

"Unlike in 2020, when similar cries from the then-president drew thousands of supporters into the streets — including to a tabulating facility in Detroit and later to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021 — this time, no one showed up," the newspaper reported. "After two years of promises from Trump and his supporters that they would flood polls and counting stations with partisan watchers to spot alleged fraud, after unprecedented threats lodged against election workers, after calls to ditch machines in favor of hand counting and after postings on internet chat groups called for violent action to stop supposed cheating, a peaceful Election Day drew high turnout and only scattered reports of problems."

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Donald Trump's efforts to get his supporters into the streets of Detroit on election day was dissected by The Washington Post on Wednesday.

At 2:28 p.m. eastern, Trump took to his Truth Social microblogging website to complain about voting in Michigan.

"The absentee ballot situation in Detroit is really bad," Trump posted. "People are showing up to vote only to be told, 'sorry, you have already voted.' This is happening in large numbers, elsewhere as well. Protest, Protest, Protest!"

Trump's call was not answered by his MAGA base.

"Unlike in 2020, when similar cries from the then-president drew thousands of supporters into the streets — including to a tabulating facility in Detroit and later to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021 — this time, no one showed up," the newspaper reported. "After two years of promises from Trump and his supporters that they would flood polls and counting stations with partisan watchers to spot alleged fraud, after unprecedented threats lodged against election workers, after calls to ditch machines in favor of hand counting and after postings on internet chat groups called for violent action to stop supposed cheating, a peaceful Election Day drew high turnout and only scattered reports of problems."

Every time I read something like this, it makes me grateful that the UK system is a paper-based analogue system where no data is published until each consituency is declared by the Returning Officer, after counting has finished and been verified.

How some US states release vote counting data DURING the counting is adsurb and just leads to scutiny. Also how The Media Networks "can call" states for one candidate or the other whilst counting is still going on.  What a complete fcuking mess! 🤮

Edited by TheRock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRock said:

Every time I read something like this, it makes me grateful that the UK system is a paper-based analogue system where no data is published until each consituency is declared by the Returning Officer, after counting has finished and been verified.

How some US states release vote counting data DURING the counting is adsurb and just leads to scutiny. Also how The Media Networks "can call" states for one candidate or the other whilst counting is still going on.  What a complete fcuking mess! 🤮

It is lunacy and just gives idiots like Trump an excuse to say he was robbed.

2 hours ago, TheRock said:

To be fair the candidates and observers can watch the count even in our system and get a good idea of the way its going.

But yes - interim actual official counts simply leads to arguments - which way certain districts go, postal votes and so on.

A "feature" deliberately exploited by Republican lead States in recent years, passing laws to prevent any postal ballots from being counted until the polls close. Which means "results" the evening of polling day will have maximum divergence from the "final toll" 

• Like 1

On 09/11/2022 at 14:07, Yellow Fever said:

The orange one is currently ranting about Desantis. This is 👍

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Herman said:

The orange one is currently ranting about Desantis. This is 👍

Not long ago, Trumpty Dumpty was telling MAGA that he had groomed De Santis and he would be a future President. Now the guy is a lightweight and full of skeletons in his cupboard. Of course the MAGA are to thick to remember.

Trump doesn't realise that he is losing his backers. Its alright to have the inbreds waving flags at a rally but thier nickels and dimes don't match the influence the big backers have.

And now he dare not change tack. He will announce he is standing on Tuesday and then the GOP will stand firmly behind De Santis. And the nerve of the bloke, he is saying De Santis is prevaricating on announcing whether he will run.

I think I saw the most embarassing video that just sums it all up. An elderly woman who thought she was still 40, with her peroxide hair and bling, wearing a vest top saying Hotties for Trump and her two massive babies boiling over, said abortion was an important issue. The democrats want to abort right up to delivery she said. And in fact she knows they are aborting after birth in some cases??????

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

"Clark County, Nevada, has a corrupt voting system (be careful Adam [Laxalt]!), as do many places in our soon-to-be third world country," Trump alleged without evidence on his Truth Social microblogging website.

Clark County took to social media to refute the allegations, KSNV-TV reported.

"We have heard his outrageous claims, but he is obviously still misinformed about the law and our election processes that ensure the integrity of elections in Clark County," the county said in a statement posted to Twitter.

Donald Trump attacked the state of Pennsylvania with allegations of corruption after Dr. Mehmet Oz and Doug Mastriano lost their campaigns.

"Pennsylvania is a very corrupt state with voting, but nobody ever wants to check that," Trump alleged on Truth Social, despite there being no substantiated allegations of widespread voter fraud.

"How does Oz (smart guy!) lose to a guy who can’t string together two sentences?" Trump asked.

"They don’t want to check, because they don’t want to make me right," he said, despite nothing to back up his claim. "It happened to me in 2020, I lost one million votes with possibly one of the biggest drops in history, happening in the middle of the night."

Of course Trump is referring to Jeff Fetterman who is recovering from a stroke. He beat his No1 choice Dr Oz.

21 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

To be fair the candidates and observers can watch the count even in our system and get a good idea of the way its going.

But yes - interim actual official counts simply leads to arguments - which way certain districts go, postal votes and so on.

Agree, seems daft and simply prone to speculation though doesn't.

In the UK on Election Thursdays, there are very strict covenants on for that day what the Media can and can't report until 10pm, and even what they can and can't say in fear of unfair influence or bias leading to fines.

I recall Laura Kuenssberg of the BBC was in hot water at the last election in 2019, after a lingual slip on how "grim" Labour had done in some constituencies before they were declared. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/11/bbc-denies-political-editors-postal-vote-comments-broke-law

• Like 1

De Santis with a 42% to 35% poll lead over Trump among Republican voters.

I suppose we must remember there are some decent Republican voters out there and not just the back country, banjo playing, QANON believing inbreds we normally see.