PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

40 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The despicable cnut tried to claim he was bankrupt in Court. The judge did point out to him he had only filed for it which is not the same. Whether he has $4M is debatable. His Lawyer will want his money and no doubt his tax returns will now come under scrutiny. I hope he starves.

It would take the fat obnoxious cnut about two  years to starve. I believe there's another 8 or 9 more families lined up for their court appearances. Guess he's going to find himself owing quite a bit.

• Thanks 1

On 04/08/2022 at 12:25, keelansgrandad said:

I couldn't believe he was denying it all by shaking his head when a grieving Mother went on the stand to prove to him what had taken place.

Never mind his money. I would like to see at least a pound of flesh. He has ample.

These situations really do test the will of people to respect free speech.

You can fully respect his right to free speech, while he can fully respect the repercussions of the damage caused by his free speech and the financial cost to him of those damages. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You can fully respect his right to free speech, while he can fully respect the repercussions of the damage caused by his free speech and the financial cost to him of those damages. 

Exactly, what the likes of Jones do not realise is this: you have a right to say the truth. Freedom of speech does not mean to lie with impunity, nor does it mean you're free of the consequences of such speech.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That is true but he has already done the damage by saying it in the first place. If you log onto him you are obviously a supporter of his views.

25 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

That is true but he has already done the damage by saying it in the first place. If you log onto him you are obviously a supporter of his views.

That is true. So what's your plan for stopping people saying stuff in the first place?

Genuine question, as some of the sh*te on here about Smith and the performance today I'd happily see censored to be honest. Trouble is it won't be me choosing what's censored. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That is true. So what's your plan for stopping people saying stuff in the first place?

Genuine question, as some of the sh*te on here about Smith and the performance today I'd happily see censored to be honest. Trouble is it won't be me choosing what's censored. 

There is no obvious answer.

Free speech means to speak freely. That means you should be allowed an opinion, backed by fact, a correction of somone elses incorrect opinion or statement or a theory based on fact.

What we have with people like Jones is a succession of theories based on opinion and not fact. Colloquially known as deniers, the beauty of social media is defaced by the ability of people like Jones the freedom to promote his irrational theories.

Obviously, security comes into force with whistleblowers like Assange. And what should a Priest do if someone offers a bizarre and lethal confession?

Just like the death penalty, is it better to have the occasional Jones rather than stop a Steve Biko?

On reflection, however annoying, we do have to accept times of intolerance, insanity and misinformation.

The clearest example of freedom of speech is shouting "bomb" at an airport. There's nothing stopping you from saying it. But you pay the price if the security staff decide further investigations are needed.

24 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

There is no obvious answer.

Free speech means to speak freely. That means you should be allowed an opinion, backed by fact, a correction of somone elses incorrect opinion or statement or a theory based on fact.

What we have with people like Jones is a succession of theories based on opinion and not fact. Colloquially known as deniers, the beauty of social media is defaced by the ability of people like Jones the freedom to promote his irrational theories.

Obviously, security comes into force with whistleblowers like Assange. And what should a Priest do if someone offers a bizarre and lethal confession?

Just like the death penalty, is it better to have the occasional Jones rather than stop a Steve Biko?

On reflection, however annoying, we do have to accept times of intolerance, insanity and misinformation.

I think you're right, and the only response is to try and sell an alternative narrative to the people who might be listening. In the meantime, the civil legal system seems to be doing a good job of making sure he sees serious punitive measures without government dictats on what people may or may not say. 

23 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

America First. 😀 

https://www.mediaite.com/news/pro-trump-apparel-company-agrees-to-pay-over-200k-fine-for-ripping-out-made-in-china-tags-and-replacing-them-with-made-in-usa-tags/

Pro-Trump Apparel Company Agrees to Pay Over $200K Fine for Ripping Out ‘Made in China’ Tags and Replacing Them With ‘Made in USA’ Tags

That's pure Trump. It reminded me that he great defender of American steel was also very happy to use Chinese steel and aluminium in his own buildings, undercutting the US producers. https://aflcio.org/2016/10/12/six-facts-donald-trumps-use-chinese-steel#:~:text=Donald Trump used Chinese steel and aluminum. The,Tower Chicago both used tons of Chinese metals.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

That's pure Trump. It reminded me that he great defender of American steel was also very happy to use Chinese steel and aluminium in his own buildings, undercutting the US producers. https://aflcio.org/2016/10/12/six-facts-donald-trumps-use-chinese-steel#:~:text=Donald Trump used Chinese steel and aluminum. The,Tower Chicago both used tons of Chinese metals.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a better lie. And I see the senate couldn't even come together on the Climate Change Bill. It took Harris's vote to pass it.

23 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Orange jumpsuit or lesser plea of I won't be running next time.

More likely an unscheduled private jet flight to a country without an extradition treaty.

14 hours ago, Surfer said:

Oops....

Oops.thumb.jpg.e87f612380cfd7b7257aafed2f3e0321.jpg

😂🤣🤣 I assume that the Trump appointed Director of the FBI, Christopher Wray, would have personally signed off the raid (and for very good reasons). 🤣🤣😂

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

😂🤣🤣 I assume that the Trump appointed Director of the FBI, Christopher Wray, would have personally signed off the raid (and for very good reasons). 🤣🤣😂

Yes he would have. But the Republicans are conveniently forgetting that Wray is also - a Republican. In fact every FBI director to date has been a registered Republican. Fox News, Jim Jordan, etc are on major rant right now... worried what may have been found there?

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 22.56.49.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 07.19.34.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 22.58.56.png

How touching, the loyalty of a son....  and has been pointed out none of the Republicans politicians or Fox News hosts are saying he didn't do "it", whatever "it" is - and Trump could easily clear that question up by publishing the Search Warrant as it details what the FBI was authorized to search for, and for what purpose - rather they are claiming the ex President is above the law. i.e. the nation's laws don't apply to people like us....

$25.jpg

Warrant.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

Guess who once said “You see the mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trump/just-in-trump-refuses-to-answer-questions-in-deposition-with-new-york-attorney-general-pleading-the-fifth/

Trump Refuses to Answer Questions in Deposition With New York Attorney General, Pleading the Fifth

General Matiss, "I got my spurs on the battlefield. Trump got his with a doctor's note"

General Kelly, Trump told us he wanted us to be like fcukin German Generals. They were all loyal. I pointed out they tried to assassinate him on three ocassions.

• Haha 1

Meanwhile.... the level of fear being exhibited by Trump and even senior members of the Republican Party is off the charts...what was found there at Mar Largo must have been really BAAAAAAD. And I'm reminded that one of the Jan 06 Committee members had said what they had found would "blow the covers off of Congress" - so interesting within 24 hours of the raid a Republican Congressman had his phone seized by the FBI and both minority leaders McCarthy and McConnell were threatening to de-fang the FBI and DOJ.

Planted.jpg

What was found.jpg

Obviously it's bollox to suggest the FBI were planting evidence at Trump's Florida dump. However, just imagine they did; that would be the single most patriotic act ever performed by the FBI.

• Like 1

Fox News outraged that this could happen in the US despite Trump threatening to use the DOJ or FBI on 25 occasions while he was POTUS.

They wheeled out all the usual suspects to say that it was illegal etc but significantly still referred to him as the ex or former President. Five separate attempts have been made for Trump to hand over the documents and files. And each time he has ignored the request. They were left with no option but to raid his property. Sorry his "beautiful home". If you have ever seen Trump properties they are the most tasteless vomit on earth.

If they are nothing to worry about, why hasn't he handed them over?

• Like 1