PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

8 hours ago, horsefly said:

The Jan 6th Congressional committee is doing an excellent job in allowing people on the receiving end of Trump's attempt to overthrow democracy in the US show just how real that attempt was.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/us-officials-say-they-received-death-threats-after-refusing-to-help-donald-trump-overturn-2020-election/ar-AAYIrF4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0950a4f8516749f583e29d4841457060

The testimony of Rusty Bowers, a Trump supporting conservative Republican, is astonishing.

And Fox News still not showing anything. So the knuckle draggers won't be seeing it.

Oh.

Now pleading the 5th Amendment against testifying because it may lead to self-incrimination is one thing, but why would you ask for a presidential pardon? And to think Republican House Leader McCarthy tried to place Jim Jordan on this Jan 06 Committee.... and to be fair it's not yet confirmed that Jordan asked for one for himself.

Pardon me?.jpg

Edited by Surfer

13 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Oh.

Now pleading the 5th Amendment against testifying because it may lead to self-incrimination is one thing, but why would you ask for a presidential pardon? And to think Republican House Leader McCarthy tried to place Jim Jordan on this Jan 06 Committee.... and to be fair it's not yet confirmed that Jordan asked for one for himself.

Pardon me?.jpg

How can anyone follow US law when this mess continues without anyone apart from an idiot dressed as an Elk or something being charged and punished. We have all heard the phone calls Trump made. It was corruption. His speech was sedition. Yet George Floyd died for trying to pass forged notes.

Giuiliani continues to practice law despite all the lies he has made while working for Trump. No doubt extolling the legal system as fair.

I can only assume that from the DOJ's perspective they are working their way up the chain of command, and any premature indictments can affect later ones, and from a political point if view the optimal timing for indictments is Sept, just before the Nov elections. Republicans who are super confident about their chances may find that sentiment has turned against them by them.

Meanwhile ... more oops. Johnson was one of 8 Republican Senators who visited Moscow on July 4th a few years back for a meeting with Putin. I think we are going to find a lot more linkage to Putin and Russian kompromat than most could imagine in the coming months.

As for Fox, oh dear, how sad, never mind. Rupert's comeuppance been a long time coming.

Opps Johnsons.jpg

Fox.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

Memo to two coup plotters, and Rupert Murdoch - sometimes it's better to stop digging that hole that you are standing in. And Tucker that sounded like a threat. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, yes I'm sure you didn't. 

Logs.jpg

Clark.jpg

Edited by Surfer

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Oh.

Pardon me?.jpg

I have an image of them all chained together in their orange jumpsuits, being led into jail to the tune of Snoop Dogg's "It Wasn't Me".

The arrogant, narcissist loaded the Supreme Court with the far right and now they are going back to the fifties and Hoover.

Roe v Wade: US Supreme Court strikes down abortion rights

Just what have we got in common with this country?

Edited by keelansgrandad

main-qimg-067d95df7b87b87c82c1a439248f276f-lq

And not to mention "bigly", the Mexican wall, his Putin love in, January 6th and I'm sure a whole lot more.
Edited by Daz Sparks
  • Haha 1

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/congresswoman-mary-miller-thanks-trump-for-the-historic-victory-for-white-life-in-the-supreme-court/ar-AAYS12r?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a151038017f14e32be904c68d4c72ad0

Congresswoman Mary Miller thanks Trump for the historic victory for WHITE life in the Supreme Court

Donald Trump held a rally in Illinois on Saturday night at which GOP Rep. Mary Miller thanked the former president  for 'white life'. Miller was complementing Trump for his role in Friday's overturning of Roe v Wade by the U.S. Supreme Court. 'Thank you so much President Trump. I am so honored to have your endorsement,' she began. 'President Trump, on behalf of all the MAGA patriots in America. I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday,' she said.

image.png

Edited by horsefly
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Congresswoman Mary Miller thanks Trump for the historic victory for WHITE life in the Supreme Court

Donald Trump held a rally in Illinois on Saturday night at which GOP Rep. Mary Miller thanked the former president  for 'white life'. Miller was complementing Trump for his role in Friday's overturning of Roe v Wade by the U.S. Supreme Court. 'Thank you so much President Trump. I am so honored to have your endorsement,' she began. 'President Trump, on behalf of all the MAGA patriots in America. I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday,' she said.

It's staggering isn't it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, horsefly said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/congresswoman-mary-miller-thanks-trump-for-the-historic-victory-for-white-life-in-the-supreme-court/ar-AAYS12r?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a151038017f14e32be904c68d4c72ad0

image.png

Yep, this is about racism, controlling women, and increasing the birth rate.

Fact is, they are pathetically ****-scared about any lifestyle that is not a traditional nuclear family, can't tolerate the fact that people are increasingly turning away from it, and they will use legislation as their tool to force "obedience" to it.

• Like 2

Just gonna toss this in. I very rarely agree with Vilar, who was one of the first anti-feminists. However, you can switch "man" for "woman" here (as well as every "him" for "her"/"himself" for "herself") and this still fits perfectly.

Vilar quote.jpg

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fact is, they are pathetically ****-scared about any lifestyle that is not a traditional nuclear family, can't tolerate the fact that people are increasingly turning away from it, and they will use legislation as their tool to force "obedience" to it.

Exactly so, and it’s the same reason why the UK has headed where it has, and why “I bother” to post about the US. We have a common destiny, those in power are determined to use every trick, short cut or method to retain it, and their path to ultimate control lies in large part on picking on victims their supporters can feel good about oppressing. For Hitler it was the Jews but first it was the mentally ill and the deformed. A pure race was needed for global domination to make up for the humiliation of losing WW1. 

So here we are again …. all out in the open, with history to warn and guide us what we must do. 

Edited by Surfer

Looks like the US is literally more of a divided country than ever with demarcation of states by abortion law. After only a few months of Trump’s presidency I was reading how he would be impeached, would never reach a full term ( no pun intended ) and now I read we may be looking at a possibility, at least,  of him returning to the White House. The consequences of that for peace in the USA and peace in Europe are unthinkable.

The foot in mouth epidemic infecting the GOP is truly astonishing:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/sarah-huckabee-sanders-under-fire-for-claiming-post-roe-america-makes-children-as-safe-in-the-womb-as-in-the-classroom/ar-AAYTaA1?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8724866bd6824458aadfb9753172e15c

Sarah Huckabee Sanders under fire for claiming post-Roe America makes children as safe in the womb as ‘in the classroom’

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The foot in mouth epidemic infecting the GOP is truly astonishing:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/sarah-huckabee-sanders-under-fire-for-claiming-post-roe-america-makes-children-as-safe-in-the-womb-as-in-the-classroom/ar-AAYTaA1?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8724866bd6824458aadfb9753172e15c

Sarah Huckabee Sanders under fire for claiming post-Roe America makes children as safe in the womb as ‘in the classroom’

The use of the phrase "under fire" there was.... amusingly selected.

4 hours ago, Van wink said:

Looks like the US is literally more of a divided country than ever with demarcation of states by abortion law. After only a few months of Trump’s presidency I was reading how he would be impeached, would never reach a full term ( no pun intended ) and now I read we may be looking at a possibility, at least,  of him returning to the White House. The consequences of that for peace in the USA and peace in Europe are unthinkable.

I listen to the US pundits and the width of opinion makes me wonder whether he might actually stand and get the nod. Some say he is facing 3 years inside while others say he will get a notional ticking off.

What has happened to his tax returns? He isn't POTUS anymore, he cannot withhold them. What about the emails, the phone calls which cannot be denied which border on sedition?

How could any party nominate him?

Doubly interesting .. I wonder what's up / who's going to spill some beans? 

So now?.jpg

Jan 6th.jpg

On 26/06/2022 at 10:16, TheGunnShow said:

Just gonna toss this in. I very rarely agree with Vilar, who was one of the first anti-feminists. However, you can switch "man" for "woman" here (as well as every "him" for "her"/"himself" for "herself") and this still fits perfectly.

Vilar quote.jpg

I'm not sure why this lady needs to make her case by resorting to terms such as 'soul destroying jobs' and 'slaves' in order to make her case. 

What about those who actually enjoy their jobs, that they freely took on? Who is this lady to assume that those who enter a marital relationship with a life partner is not free and responsible for their own choices. 

I know of very few ways where society rejects those who choose to stay single. In fact, childless unmarried women have far better careers than married. We allow all sorts of relationships and none to co-exist without judgement. 

However, it is fair to say that we have discovered that society works better through cooperation of its individual members so it is right and proper that a society should promote cooperation for our mutual benefit.  The result is Mr. GunShow doesn't have to go down a coal mine or whatever, in order to pursue his chosen path of isolationism. 

30 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I'm not sure why this lady needs to make her case by resorting to terms such as 'soul destroying jobs' and 'slaves' in order to make her case. 

What about those who actually enjoy their jobs, that they freely took on? Who is this lady to assume that those who enter a marital relationship with a life partner is not free and responsible for their own choices. 

I know of very few ways where society rejects those who choose to stay single. In fact, childless unmarried women have far better careers than married. We allow all sorts of relationships and none to co-exist without judgement. 

However, it is fair to say that we have discovered that society works better through cooperation of its individual members so it is right and proper that a society should promote cooperation for our mutual benefit.  The result is Mr. GunShow doesn't have to go down a coal mine or whatever, in order to pursue his chosen path of isolationism. 

Actually, you'll find any lifestyle model that is not the nuclear family set-up still has inherent stigmatisation attached to it despite progress that has been made. That applies to single life, childfree life, homosexual life, poly set-ups - absolutely everything. Leslie Ashburn-Nardo demonstrated that with childfree life in particular whilst listing quite a battery of other studies that showed stigmatisation of other set-ups. Amy Blackstone has been an authoritative voice on the childfree for a very long time as well.

There is something of a motherhood penalty in the job market, but conversely, there's also something of a fatherhood bonus too.

Vilar's point, fundamentally, is this: follow a nuclear model and you're instantly considered more responsible (or indeed add any positive description, she simply used the term "responsibility" so that is the one I shall stick with). There is nothing whatsoever to back that up. I always say there's a difference between having responsibility, and in discharging those responsibilities well, and many who defend the status quo don't make that distinction very well.

Edited by TheGunnShow

https://www.tellerreport.com/news/2022-06-28-[pick]-1-year-old-girl-killed-by-gunshot-by-8-year-old----another-child-shooting-in-the-us.H1jN2Wdc9.html

Perhaps every foetus should be warned that once you find yourself outside of the mother forced to bring you birth don't expect anything like the same sort of protection now you are able to survive outside of the womb.

Apparently the Capitol Police bomb squad has been called to the Jan 6th Committee room.

And the US news outlets said it was today's testimony that was going to be explosive! 

(I'll get my coat) 

The Plan.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mags being magnetometers i.e. metal detectors, screening the crowd attending Trump's rally Jan 06 a.m. 

He knew his supports had guns including AR-15's.  after the rally "we are going walk down to the Capitol ...." 

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 10.37.12.png

Edited by Surfer

Whatever you may think of the politics of Donald Trump, at the end of the day like every other thug he's a loser.... what say you now Rupert Murdoch, Fox News, Republicans?

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.07.44.png

Edited by Surfer

Oh witness tampering too? But of course they would. Standard mob boss tactics.

YY.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Reactions - just look at the look on this female Fox presenter's face and Bret Baier sums up some of the testimony from today....

Reactions - well after today I bet she doesn't want to talk to them...  

Thomas.jpg