PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

32 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Willing to, but how does one do it?

Dear oh dear 😮 Seriously?

Five years ago I had you down as one of the brighter ones.

30 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Absolutely, the thread title has been bugging me for a while and it crossed my mind a few times to ask Purple to update it  so thanks to @nevermind, neoliberalism has had it, and of course Purple, for setting it right for the long term -  although as @Surfer suggests it may only be a matter of time before further updates become appropriate  😀

I suspect the next update will have to include his prisoner number.

14 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

It's like a children's playground in here

I suggest this is not a good line for an apologist for Jeffrey Epstein to use.

Edited by horsefly

17 hours ago, Jools said:

Perhaps Jools would be better off listening to a police officer who was beaten up by the Jan 6th insurrectionists:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/dc-police-officer-slams-disgraceful-political-indifference-in-wake-of-6-january-capitol-riot/ar-BB1gpk3G?ocid=msedgntp

DC police officer slams ‘disgraceful’ political indifference in wake of 6 January Capitol riot

“As the physical injuries gradually subsided in crept the psychological trauma,” wrote officer Michael Fanone, who has served with the Metro police for nearly two decades. “I struggle daily with the emotional anxiety of having survived such a traumatic event but I also struggle with the anxiety of hearing those who continue to downplay the events of that day and those who would ignore them altogether with their lack of acknowledgement.”

During the 6 January riots, five people were killed and more than 100 officers were injured, the culmination of weeks of baseless conspiracy theories about a stolen election spread by Mr Trump and adopted by his Republican allies in Congress.

Mr Fanone described the horror of what he saw defending one of the Capitol’s west entrances.

“I was pulled out into the crowd, away from my fellow officers, beaten with fists, metal objects, stripped of my issued badge, radio and ammunition magazine and electrocuted numerous times with a Taser,” he said.

“The fighting here was nothing short of brutal,” he added. “Many of these officers were injured, bleeding and fatigued but they continued to fight.”

But those most responsible for causing what happened haven’t faced many meaningful consequences, while others hold fast to their challenge of the election results even though it’s long been clear, from numerous failed lawsuits and successful recounts and vote audits, that Joe Biden was the outright winner of the presidential contest.

Following the riot, Mr Trump became the first president to be impeached twice, but he escaped conviction in the Senate with numerous Republican votes for acquittal.

Senators like Josh Hawley, one of the key leaders in challenging the election results in Congress, have stuck by their stance in recent days. On a recent Washington Post podcast, he defended an infamous photo of him offering a celebratory fist pump to a crowd of Trump supporters outside the Capitol moments before the riots began.

“I waved to them, gave them the thumbs up, pumped my fist to them and thanked them for being there, and they had every right to do that,” the Missouri Republican said on Monday on the Washington Post Live broadcast.

17 hours ago, Jools said:

Dear oh dear 😮 Seriously?

Five years ago I had you down as one of the brighter ones.

Compared to you, he is much brighter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Compared to you, he is much brighter.

This has been bugging me. There is some phrase about 'faint praise' - I'm sure there is - but for the life of me I just cannot bring it to mind...🤓

Edited by PurpleCanary

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

This has been bugging me. There is some phrase about 'faint praise' but for the life of me I just cannot bring it to mind...🤓

No offence intended Purple but his remark was set up perfectly.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

No offence intended Purple but his remark was set up perfectly.

I can assure you I took no offence!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/republican-who-backed-arizona-audit-based-on-trump-s-election-lies-now-says-it-makes-us-look-like-idiots/ar-BB1gAl2T?ocid=msedgntp

As a ploddingly slow election recount in Arizona drags on, some of the Republicans who originally called for it are expressing regret. “It makes us look like idiots,” Republican State Senator Paul Boyer told The New York Times. “Looking back, I didn’t think it would be this ridiculous. It’s embarrassing to be a state senator at this point.”

Some are now wondering if it’s worth it. Rejecting the work done by state election officials six months ago, the State Senate has volunteered to count the vote with its own auditors, subpoenaing all 21 million ballots.

To house the effort, the Senate has rented out the Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum until 14 May – this Friday. So far their auditors have recounted about 250,000 votes. At that rate, they’ll be done some time in August.

Arizona’s secretary of state, Katie Hobbs, has condemned the effort, saying the equipment being used is uncertified and the counting methods deviate from “standard best practices.”

“Though conspiracy theorists are undoubtedly cheering on these types of inspections – and perhaps providing financial support because of their use – they do little other than further marginalise the professionalism and intent of this ‘audit,’” she said on Wednesday.

Since making those comments, Ms Hobbs has received death threats, and Governor Doug Ducey has ordered state police to protect her.

Even before the current review, Arizona’s 2020 vote had already been audited. In accordance with Arizona state law, county election officials performed hand-counts of large numbers of ballots and compared them to the original machine counts. According to county officials, the machine counts were found to be 100 per cent accurate.

Officials worry the new recount effort will cast doubt on legitimate election results.

“It would be unfortunate if the antics and false allegations of people who didn’t like the results lead voters to question a system that is designed to be fair,” Maricopa County communications director Fields Moseley told CBS News.

Old gammon head just can't give up on his QAnonce lies. Remind us how many court cases were brought showing voter fraud you old loon.

On 11/05/2021 at 16:57, Jools said:

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-d7dd2bd2-6347-4f18-8827-5ec900e6e69f

👍

Yeah. O.K. I'm good with that. I have a photo on my California drivers license and all  national government issued passports do too, so let's have a national government issued photo I.D card then - free of charge to all citizens. Lots of EU countries do. 

Then see how quickly this argument flips to change to "freedom / we can't have the government spying on us...." 

Edited by Surfer

Meanwhile ... back in the real world : 

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

Victims 2.jpg

Trump Supporters victims.jpg

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Patriot .jpg

Hypocracy.jpg

Meanwhile the Representative who pouted the bald faced lie "it was just another tourist visit" was THERE - behind the barricaded door. As this photo clearly shows. All very 1984, Representative .....

1984.jpg