Jump to content
PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Surely Biden can just sweep the board and re-replace these people when he's sworn in?

No doubt he will. But the worry is what damage will have been done by his his blatant slash-and-burn approach to the next 70 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I wonder if he will set fire to the oil wells?

Let's hope he just fracks off and dies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

If he gives the order to Giuliani they'll be a lot burnt ink wells.

 

Or don't be suprised to see Wells Next The Sea go up in flames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Or don't be suprised to see Wells Next The Sea go up in flames

Up in price more likely. I thought Wells, along with Holt etc would be a gated community by now. Or the Coke family use it as a back garden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 04:30, TheGunnShow said:

Correct. This is a coup. Plain and simple.

The coup has two stages, the first is on the Republican Party. That phase is complete. 

If you are wondering why the Republicans in the Senate did not take the opportunity to convict Trump when the House impeached him - they could after all have got President Pence as a result - the answer is they are too scared of Trump and his supporters. 

If you are wondering why the Republicans in the Senate do not take the opportunity to cut ties with Trump now that he has lost the presidential election - the answer is they are too scared of Trump and his supporters. 

If you are wondering what the Republicans in the Senate will do when Trump is no longer President, and several Senators will want to run for President next time - the answer is they are too scared of Trump and his supporters. 

So the second stage of the coup is a slow rolling one. Trump wants to execute it now, but if it fails, the entire Republican Party is prepared to sabotage the Biden presidency in order to establish one party rule. Theirs. It's a simple and unavoidable fact. They did the same to Obama, and they have demonstrated time and again that they love power much more than they love democracy and their country. 

The unanswered question is why? Is there such Kompromat on them they are hostages to blackmail, or is this just who they are?

So to the question of whether Biden should "reach out" to Republicans the answer is "yes" - to Republican leaning voters - but he's savvy enough to know the motivation of McConnell and his other Senate colleagues.

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"‘That’s a question for the White House’: Press secretary refuses to say whether Biden will receive intelligence briefing"

Well it would seem they've been wasted for past 4 years on Trump! It's only one-way up from here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald Trump’s bid to overturn election loss dealt huge blow as officials find no evidence of widespread fraud

Donald Trump’s efforts to derail Joe Biden’s election win have been dealt another blow as a coalition [of federal and state] officials  officials found no evidence that votes were compromised or altered.

The cybersecurity experts echoed assertions that the November 3 vote unfolded smoothly and without irregularities, adding that the poll was the most secure in American history.

Their findings amounted to the most direct repudiation to date of Mr Trump's efforts to undermine the integrity of the contest with unsubstantiated claims of widespread fraud.

 

"While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too,” they said.

The statement was distributed by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, which spearheaded federal election protection efforts.

Its leaders have been vocal on Twitter in reassuring Americans that the election was secure and that their votes would be counted.

The officials who signed the statement said they had no evidence that any voting system had deleted or changed votes, or was in any way compromised.

The statement continued: "The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalising the result."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/donald-trump-s-bid-to-overturn-election-loss-dealt-huge-blow-as-officials-find-no-evidence-of-widespread-fraud/ar-BB1aY4iu?ocid=msedgntp

image.png

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Why are you saying they weren’t ?

I'm not. The article states that people involved are stating that they were the 'most secure'.

If you want to question their statement you should provide some substance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm not. The article states that people involved are stating that they were the 'most secure'.

If you want to question their statement you should provide some substance.

 

Lol

Keep up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, horsefly said:

Arizona has just been projected for Biden.

Yes I saw that.

The bbc one I posted confirms yours about the committee that investigated the election, and this. Their full report will be out shortly. 
Wonder if he will withdraw his legal stuff, or if he will claim that report is fake as well ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yes I saw that.

The bbc one I posted confirms yours about the committee that investigated the election, and this. Their full report will be out shortly. 
Wonder if he will withdraw his legal stuff, or if he will claim that report is fake as well ?

The second option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Yes I saw that.

The bbc one I posted confirms yours about the committee that investigated the election, and this. Their full report will be out shortly. 
Wonder if he will withdraw his legal stuff, or if he will claim that report is fake as well ?

He'll continue with the approach he's taken during all his time as president, denial and lies. He knows no other strategy, and let's face it, it has been largely succesful for him. I suspect he's been told by enough people that he has lost, but that isn't his key concern in his current refusal to acknowledge Biden's victory. He wants to keep his very large base support on board and fired up for a future run at the presidency in 2024 (either for him or his daughter). So just as he has continued throughout his presidency to claim that he was defrauded of millions of votes by the Clinton deep state (even after he won), so he will continue to claim he was cheated out of millions of votes by the Biden supporting deep state. Evidence or proof is irrelevant to his strategy. He knows the next 4 years will be extremely difficult for Biden so believes all he has to do is keep his narrative running until the next election. Anyone thinking Trump and Trumpism is going to disappear is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Richard Hopkins, one of the guys who signed an affidavit saying something was askew then retracted it - and there seems to be something about the Republican party having set up and funded a GoFundMe for him.

Very shonky tactics if this is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, horsefly said:

He'll continue with the approach he's taken during all his time as president, denial and lies. He knows no other strategy, and let's face it, it has been largely succesful for him. I suspect he's been told by enough people that he has lost, but that isn't his key concern in his current refusal to acknowledge Biden's victory. He wants to keep his very large base support on board and fired up for a future run at the presidency in 2024 (either for him or his daughter). So just as he has continued throughout his presidency to claim that he was defrauded of millions of votes by the Clinton deep state (even after he won), so he will continue to claim he was cheated out of millions of votes by the Biden supporting deep state. Evidence or proof is irrelevant to his strategy. He knows the next 4 years will be extremely difficult for Biden so believes all he has to do is keep his narrative running until the next election. Anyone thinking Trump and Trumpism is going to disappear is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I wonder if Michelle Obama will be ready in four years time. I think she would beat anyone the Republicans could endorse.

Trumpism may well be around for a while but the problems he faces personally may well put an end to him. But he has used his rhetoric to stir the bottom of the barrel and the dregs have cometo the surface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I wonder if Michelle Obama will be ready in four years time. I think she would beat anyone the Republicans could endorse.

Trumpism may well be around for a while but the problems he faces personally may well put an end to him. But he has used his rhetoric to stir the bottom of the barrel and the dregs have cometo the surface

I hope not.

Nothing against her but I don't like the idea of dynastic politics- there are enough good candidates within the Democrat ranks with actual political experience without needing to go for pure name recognition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I beleive people associated with Trump will go through some kind of post-Trump grieving process of sorts. A time of reflection and deep embarrassment as folk will think of their roles. Trump has bullied his way through his presidency. Any disagreement has been countered with dismissal. Like a national form of coercive control. Think of the behaviour of abusers...it's the same method. It will be seen as one of the most shameful periods in US history. As such it may take lots of navel gazing. Maybe the reports about what has gone on may take some time to come out?

An unpleasant chapter in US history. And lots of people have supported it, some actively.

Edited by sonyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I hope not.

Nothing against her but I don't like the idea of dynastic politics- there are enough good candidates within the Democrat ranks with actual political experience without needing to go for pure name recognition.

I don't think its just the name KC. I think its the ability to bring a country on the brink of civil unrest to its senses. The world needs a stable and strong US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Arizona has just been projected for Biden.

That was in my mind the last possible 'rational' if fanciful c h i n k of light for Trump. Extinguished. He had to hold Arizona whatever in the other states. That and the report others have mentioned.

https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/12/joint-statement-elections-infrastructure-government-coordinating-council-election

Now he should accept defeat and allow the transition team to start.

Else - He and his rump supporters are clearly antidemocratic vandals and should be treated as such. Pariahs.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-forces-out-senior-cybersecurity-official-in-charge-of-stamping-out-election-misinformation/ar-BB1aXMOO?ocid=msedgntp

Donald Trump has reportedly forced out a senior US cybersecurity official in charge of stamping out election misinformation.

Bryan Ware is leaving the government after being asked to resign from his job by the White House, according to Reuters.

Mr Ware was the assistant director for cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

He confirmed his resignation to Reuters and another US official familiar with the matter confirmed that the White House had demanded it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...