PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

26 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I take your word on that.

I think my point was that the individual states can decide this issue without referral to Congress and  I would (in my uneducated opinion) be surprised if the smaller states, even solidly Democrat ones, would give up their privileges. 

Its a classic trade off between the protection of minorities and the proportional representation of the people.

Polling suggests its a popular policy, although pretty split along partisan lines.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/320744/americans-support-abolishing-electoral-college.aspx

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

The people who need to ignore him aren't generally left wing people on the pinkun forum.

This isn't aimed at YF.  I doubt he is hugely influential in rural Georgia.

What I would say is that hyperbole in UK politics is destructive too, it just pushes people to the fringes and the whole middle loses its voice. In the absence of anything constructive the middle is forced to ignore actual policy and focus instead on which unpleasant extreme personality they dislike the least....And this we do see on the pink un.

4 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

Brilliant find Shrimper! She laughs for us all. The perfect metaphor for the incompetent and shambolic Trump regime.

26 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Unless he wins in court he'll be gone and he'll leave with his conspiracy theories.  Let him have his wacky beliefs and he will be content and no harm to anyone.

The more people talk up b****cks the more power it gets . If you want his supporters to shut up about it and learn to accept the new reality the best thing to do is stop talking about it yourself.

Move the conversation onto understanding why there is division and what the marginalised and disenfranchised on both sides need and all this toss about civil war will evaporate 

Not long ago you promised to shut up spouting this nonsense. No one with an ounce of political nous believes 70 million Trump supporters are suddenly going to disappear into political oblivion. Your naive analysis is not shared by a single professional political commentator. Do yourself and us a favour and keep your promises.

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Brilliant find Shrimper! She laughs for us all. The perfect metaphor for the incompetent and shambolic Trump regime.

Between a dildo store and a crematorium. Dare I say it, a-s-s-e-s to ashes, dust to dust.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Not long ago you promised to shut up spouting this nonsense. No one with an ounce of political nous believes 70 million Trump supporters are suddenly going to disappear into political oblivion. Your naive analysis is not shared by a single professional political commentator. Do yourself and us a favour and keep your promises.

Thank you for your forum policing role.  Your service is appreciated.

Do we have to agree with you to voice an opinion?   Shall we check with you that our views are acceptable before posting?

I dont expect 70 million  voters not to have an opinion.  But I expect that when people like you stop trying to inflame the situation they will accept things as they are.

Just now, Barbe bleu said:

Thank you for your forum policing role.  Your service is appreciated.

Do we have to agree with you to voice an opinion?   Shall we check with you that our views are acceptable before posting?

I dont expect 70 million  voters not to have an opinion.  But I expect that when people like you stop trying to inflame the situation they will accept things as they are.

No! Just have a go at writing something that isn't so damn stupid.

55 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Vaccine just announced with Pfizer. 

An anti trump vaccine? It would come in handy. 

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

No! Just have a go at writing something that isn't so damn stupid.

If I thought it was stupid I wouldn't say it and there should be absolutely nothing contentious in saying that we need to learn to respect each other a bit more. 

It is my honest belief that hyperbole serves only to inflame and push people to the extremes.

But like I say take your cue from Biden. I suspect that he'll not demand that Trump concedes or attack his supporters and he won't state fears over a civil war. Instead he'll try to build bridges and calm things down.

Edited by Barbe bleu

Just now, Barbe bleu said:

If I thought it was stupid I wouldn't say it and there should be absolutely nothing contentious in saying that we need to learn to respect each other a bit more. 

It is my honest belief that hyperbole serves only to inflame and push people to the extremes.

What you think about what you say is irrelevant to the question of whether what you say is stupid. Suggesting that all we have to do is ignore the 70 million Trump supporters and they will disappear as a political force is very stupid. 

And btw, concerning your bemusement about why some posters here should be so concerned about the result of the US election, maybe you might give some thought to the church bells that rang out in Berlin and Paris (and elsewhere) on hearing of Biden's victory. Seems you're on your own in thinking that who becomes leader of the free world is of no material interest to the rest of us.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Between a dildo store and a crematorium. Dare I say it, a-s-s-e-s to ashes, dust to dust.

I suppose Rudy would have had a good selection of All the Young Lubes. 🤭🤣

Apples

15 hours ago, horsefly said:

Hey Keelan! glad to hear you got a clean bill of health.

Thanks. I aim to be around to challenge Jools and RTB for a long time.

• Like 3

Trumpism is surely just a new term for an old ideology.

America first is nothing new and the belief that any problems the rest of the world has are their own has been demonstrated on many occasions.

Blame China for the pandemic but not the US for 2008. Blame Iraq/Iran/Islam for Middle East conflict but not Saudi/Israel/American foreign policy. Blame Cuba for having missiles aimed at Washington but not ones in Turkey aimed at Moscow.

45 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

That's splendid news haha!

2 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

But I expect that when people like you stop trying to inflame the situation they will accept things as they are.

So Is trump still trying to inflame situation then or not. Please send him a PM and tell him to stop immediately. I do not think to many of his thick followers are looking in on this forum apart from SWINDO ROCK THE BOOT and that well known LIAR.. JOOLS.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Jools appears to be spending much more time these days managing the David Bowie Memorial chain of care homes ("where you too can see out your Golden Years").

Apples

36 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Trumpism is surely just a new term for an old ideology.

America first is nothing new and the belief that any problems the rest of the world has are their own has been demonstrated on many occasions.

Blame China for the pandemic but not the US for 2008. Blame Iraq/Iran/Islam for Middle East conflict but not Saudi/Israel/American foreign policy. Blame Cuba for having missiles aimed at Washington but not ones in Turkey aimed at Moscow.

Trumpisms main difference is two fold...

1- Saying the quiet part out loud. Republican policy has generally had racial undertones since Nixon but Trump just replaced the dogwhistle with a foghorn. Mexican's are rapists! Muslims are bad! Obama isn't American!Etc etc. All of which empowers and encourages the covertly racist to become overt and allows the overtly racist to feel acceptable

2- Not giving a **** about norms. The Trump admin never even pretended to pay attention to the remotest political norms and as Purple said earlier, has shown the weaknesses of certain rules and laws when confronted with a man who just flat out ignores them. It's exposed how much his base is willing to tolerate in the name of winning. I think we all thought several times early on 'that's it, he's gone too far now, he's done for' only to see him ignore stuff that would sink most traditional politicians. I thought insulting McCain as a loser for being captured would do it- nope. Insulting gold star families who appeared at the democratic convention? Nothing. Paying off a **** star he'd been shagging? No problem! The fact he reportedly new about Russia putting a bounty on US troops heads and did nothing about it barely caused a ripple!

27 minutes ago, Jools said:

Best man for the job 🤠🇺🇸👍 

Geoff Duncan, the Republican lieutenant governor of Georgia, said Monday that his office has seen no "credible examples” of widespread voter fraud in his state, which is among those in which Biden holds a narrow lead and Trump alleges cheating.

Appearing on CNN, Duncan said his office has been in close contact with Georgia’s secretary of state and attorney general.

“We’ve not had any sort of credible incidents raised to our level yet, and so we’ll continue ... to make sure every legal ballot is counted is there, but at this point we’ve not seen any sort of credible examples," he said.

“If there’s an issue out there, we want to make sure we understand it, investigate it, and be able to make sure that we’re able to rectify it," Duncan added.

What job? Trump lost, and lost big.

"Lin Wood, Attorney for Kyle Rittenhouse Announces He’s Suing Joe Biden for Slandering His Client, Vows “I Will Rip Joe Into Shreds"

How's that going Scrounger?

39 minutes ago, Jools said:

Best man for the job 🤠🇺🇸👍 

Have you actually bothered to listen to this steaming pile of laughable conspiritorial cr*p? I think I can see the home-made tin-foil skull cap poking out from underneath his wig. Jesus! you've got to be seriously dumb to post this. Not one piece of evidence offered by this loon, but then that's never stopped you either. HILARIOUS!!!!

It's sad really, you genuinely have to be quite thick to be taken in by any of this BS. No wonder Farage and his ilk see this group of people as ripe for grifting money from.