PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Just now, horsefly said:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2022-12-30/trump-tax-returns-revealed

In short: Trump paid fu*ck all taxes because he is a shi*te business man who has been losing millions of dollars every year.

That "trickle-down" in "trickle-down" economics looks like p*ss.

As Leona Helmsley put it, taxes are just for us little people.

• Haha 1

So he said his tax returns were under audit by the IRS. Who say the weren't. But they didn't say it at the time. So obviously there is someone high up in that organisation who was protecting him. And of course it was yet another lie from him at the time.

The returns reveal the disappearance of virtually all of his overseas activities.

I can't wait to see Obama's tax return or Biden's or Nancy Pelosi's (failing that just the cctv at the Pelosi home for the last 2 years, I'm sure Paul has nothing to hide). It will be great. The precedent has been set.

6 hours ago, horsefly said:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2022-12-30/trump-tax-returns-revealed

In short: Trump paid fu*ck all taxes because he is a shi*te business man who has been losing millions of dollars every year.

Yes it's true, Trump paid  no tax while in office, but like your beloved BBC you fail to mention that Trump refused to take his presidential salary taking just 1 dollar in wages, the minimum allowed. Neither do you or the BBC mention while he was in office he signed over his companies by law, because a president is not allowed to run a business while in office.

As I stated in my previous post, think - Do some research before flapping those Equus caballus gums.

Edited by Hook's-Walk-Canary

6 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

If we're really lucky, we'll even get to see Obama's birth certificate. Barak's and Michelle's.

I'm looking forward to the BBC running a news item on Hunter’s lap top or Burisma Holdings 🙃 Now the laptops been authenticated as Hunters, yet I do wonder who the Big guy is ? 😉

9 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I can't wait to see Obama's tax return or Biden's or Nancy Pelosi's (failing that just the cctv at the Pelosi home for the last 2 years, I'm sure Paul has nothing to hide). It will be great. The precedent has been set.

It's all available if you can be arsed to google a few words.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/05/social-post-wrong-about-obamas-tax-returns/

https://www.taxnotes.com/presidential-tax-returns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Does that include the CCTV from Paul's "attack", where he answered the door in his underwear? And Barak and Mke's (Sorry Michelle's) birth certificate. What about Zelensky's tax returns? 

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

Just now, Iwans Big Toe said:

And the CCTV?

I think that may have been made up, so no help there, sorry.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

You really are incredibly stupid.

Biden and Obamas tax returns are a matter of public record. Literally the first result in google when you type 'Obama tax return.' The precedent for a president to release their tax returns has been around for quite a long time. The one breaking the precedent was Trump when he refused to do it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Idiots like you that think as long as it's not "right wing" I will believe are the problem. Me I don't like right wing politics, I don't like left wing politics either. I'm a centrist, but because I disagree with you, I'm a N*zi. No I'm not, but you're an idiot.

Just now, king canary said:

You really are incredibly stupid.

Biden and Obamas tax returns are a matter of public record. Literally the first result in google when you type 'Obama tax return.' The precedent for a president to release their tax returns has been around for quite a long time. The one breaking the precedent was Trump when he refused to do it.

See my reply to Herman

4 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

See my reply to Herman

Which one? The one where you demand two years worth of CCTV from someone's home? Or the one where you ignore the fact people think you're an idiot because you didn't bother to Google whether the tax info you were so keen to say was readily available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Idiots like you that think as long as it's not "right wing" I will believe are the problem. Me I don't like right wing politics, I don't like left wing politics either. I'm a centrist, but because I disagree with you, I'm a N*zi. No I'm not, but you're an idiot.

I didn't mention any of that. I just pointed you in the direction of readily available information. Maybe you should ask yourself why you didn't check first and start questioning why you easily believe conspiracy theories.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Yes it's true, Trump paid  no tax while in office, but like your beloved BBC you fail to mention that Trump refused to take his presidential salary taking just 1 dollar in wages, the minimum allowed. Neither do you or the BBC mention while he was in office he signed over his companies by law, because a president is not allowed to run a business while in office.

As I stated in my previous post, think - Do some research before flapping those Equus caballus gums.

Looking forward to the many lawsuits and investigations for fraud that Trump is facing. Not the least of which concerns how Trump persistently channelled taxpayer's money into his own businesses by holding government conferences and forcing staff to stay at his hotels, charged to the nation at inflated prices.  (https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielcassady/2020/09/17/trump-organization-reportedly-charged-us-government-over-11-million-for-luxury-hotel-stays/?sh=5ae3ea2a5541). I guess you don't need to take the presidential salary when you can make a hell of a lot more fleecing the US taxpayer with such a fraud. Then of course there were the multi-millions Trump was able to pump into his hotels from special interest groups who believed staying at the president's hotels would see them garner favours from the orange one (https://therealdeal.com/2020/10/10/how-trumps-hotels-and-resorts-raked-in-millions-from-special-interest-groups/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/10/08/trump-hotel-millions-foreign-governments/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/10/08/trump-hotel-millions-foreign-governments/

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/09/04/trump-presidency-spawns-conflicts-of-interest-personal-profits-column/2197263001/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2020/10/27/report-us-government-paid-over-25-million-to-trumps-businesses/?sh=74218c941a62

And just to correct you, he didn't "sign over" his businesses. Just like every president before him his business interests were held in trust for the duration of his term of office. He remained the owner, and as many articles have claimed (including many more than the ones I have linked) certainly benefited financially from that ownership by exploiting his position as president.

As you rightly say, always a good idea to do a bit of research before you open your trap.

Also a good idea to check your insults, especially when you think you're clever enough to resort to Latin to make them. Best not to confuse Equus Caballus with a Tabanidae, you'll find the saddle wouldn't fit. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Does that include the CCTV from Paul's "attack", where he answered the door in his underwear? And Barak and Mke's (Sorry Michelle's) birth certificate. What about Zelensky's tax returns? 

I guess Zelensky pays tax in Ukraine.That country that Trump refused to give arms to unless they dug the dirt on Biden.

12 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

So you can't make up your mind about life. Centrist is a popular word for the phrase sitting on the fence waiting for a spine.

18 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Haha! EVERY president since Nixon has published their tax returns. That includes Obama and Biden as you would know if you could manage to do the tiniest piece of research. The only person who has refused to do it is Trump.

Hilarious!

• Like 2

In the latest example of "You couldn't make it up" the Republicans who now have control of the House, cannot appoint a Speaker because they're too divided to vote for one.  After three votes their proposed candidate Kevin McCarthy failed to get a majority because the MAGAs wouldn't back him.  It has even been suggested that the only practical solution might be a conservative Democrat that both parties could vote for, but this is probably a threat to get the MAGAs to toe the line.  This hasn't happened for 100 years and only twice in US history.

Edited by benchwarmer

54 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

In the latest example of "You couldn't make it up" the Republicans who now have control of the House, cannot appoint a Speaker because they're too divided to vote for one.  After three votes their proposed candidate Kevin McCarthy failed to get a majority because the MAGAs wouldn't back him.  It has even been suggested that the only practical solution might be a conservative Democrat that both parties would vote for, which is probably a threat to get the MAGAs to toe the line.  This hasn't happened for 100 years and only twice in US history.

Yep! The Republican's bought four years in power with Trump at an enormous cost to the identity of the party. Along with many others I said a long time ago that they would regret being seduced by the votes of the MAGA morons. Now they are irretrievably divided and stuck with deplorables like Bobert, Gaetz and MTG.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

Yep! The Republican's bought four years in power with Trump at an enormous cost to the identity of the party. Along with many others I said a long time ago that they would regret being seduced by the votes of the MAGA morons. Now they are irretrievably divided and stuck with deplorables like Bobert, Gaetz and MTG.

Trump wasn't sure but now he is (just like his pro life-pro abortion stance). As long as he can be rude to Chao and Pelosi he is happy. What a cnut.

In the hours immediately after Mr McCarthy became the first Speaker-designate from a majority party to fail to win on the first vote in a full century, Mr Trump expressed some caution about his prospects, telling NBC News: “We’ll see what happens”.

But on Wednesday morning, the twice-impeached ex-president took to his Truth Social platform to offer a full-throated defence of the man who helped him retain political relevance by visiting him at his Florida home after he’d left the White House in disgrace.

He alluded to “great conversations” among Republicans the night after the failed votes and said it was time for “all of our great Republican House members” to cast their votes for Mr McCarthy.

He added an all-capital letters exhortation to “close the deal” and “take the victory” so Republicans could watch the former Democratic Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, “fly back home to a very broken California” even though Ms Pelosi is remaining in Congress to represent the San Francisco district that has elected her every two years since 1987.

• Haha 1

On 04/01/2023 at 10:15, horsefly said:

And it gets even better.  Apparently McCarthy is the candidate that Trump himself supports.  Either the MAGAs think he's sold out, or their attention span is so minimal that in his absence from Twitter they've forgotten he exists.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Haha 1